Barron Davis

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Barron Davis is the best point guard in the NBA?

Yes
6
33%
No
9
50%
He will never stay healthy for the next four years.
3
17%
 
Total votes : 18

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:02 pm
Assuming Barron Davis stays healthy for the next four years

Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:29 pm
He is one of the Best PG's but not the best. AI and Nash are the # 1 at their position. I would say baron is tied for second with the Declining Kidd, Arenas, and Bibby.

Overrated PG's are Steve Franchise and StarBury.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:02 pm
most overrated pg is absolutely Steve Francis and allen iverson to a lesser degree.

most underrated pg is Stephan Marbury
(i dont think he is any more selfish of a player than barron davis, and i dont think barron is a selfish player)

best court vision of all time i think belongs to magic
Next big thing is shaun livingston
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:18 pm
Overrated PG's are Steve Franchise and StarBury.


how so? just cause the critics hate on them don't mean they are overrated

Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:51 pm
Sadly stats show the wrong message on some players. Franchise is one of the best PG's in the 1-3 quarters. But i dunno if its fatigue or he cant take forth quarter pressure, but he can play. Now his numbers are fine, but what matters most in a close game is a point guard that can step up in the forth. Franchise is the exact opposite.

And as for starbury, he still is an above average player, i just dont see him as one of the best. Now Remember this quote.... The Greatest PG's are the ones that make their teammates better... sounds corny but soo true. Nash and Kidd are two examples how they do spectacular passes u cant even imagine being possible. Kidd made K-mart look like a good BBall player.

As for u Newman... AI doesnt necesarely make his team better, but he's the only player that puts more effort when the games in progress then any other player. How is the scoring champ for the last 5 years overrrated. He's barely 6 feet in a sport based on height. Plus his defense is one of the best in the league for his position. He's been a first team all devensive team. Led the league in steals......the lists go on and on.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:44 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:
As for u Newman... AI doesnt necesarely make his team better, but he's the only player that puts more effort when the games in progress then any other player. How is the scoring champ for the last 5 years overrrated. He's barely 6 feet in a sport based on height. Plus his defense is one of the best in the league for his position. He's been a first team all devensive team. Led the league in steals......the lists go on and on.


damn it! aj i just wrote u three paragraphs long response to your comments and my computer froze so i will just give u the jist.

#iverson's height and effort has nothing to do with what his effectiveness is on the court.(he is what he is, a undersized inefficient, selfish, undeciplined, hussle player who has good skills & superiors quickness and toughness.)
#HIS SHOOTING PICT IS HORRIBLE FOR SOMEONE WHO makes so few threes
#if u have someone who can handle the ball u can post up iverson
#i would never trade a 26 year old michael finley for a 26 year old iverson.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:51 pm
Baron Davis will only have a chance of being seen as the best point guard in the nba if Warriors begin to have success. His nimber are very good and his skill level is also.

Marbury and Francis are skilled but their teams have never been that good and that will always lead to them being seen as good players but not great point guards! Exactly who have these two made better on their teams???? If anything they take away from other players to look higher level statistically!!!!

As far as Iverson goes - He has never won any championships but look at the teams he's had - THEY HAVE ALL BEEN CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iverson is one of the greatest players ever for continually doing what he has done, the big numbers and the effort!!!!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: san francisco
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:32 pm
Iverson is a great player, but not a good pg.
Baron has a shot of being in the top of the pgs this year. Especially with Kidd getting older, Nash losing running mates, Steph losing playing time under Larry brown's handcuffs, Arenas can't play D like Baron but they are close offensively, Franchise is overated and has no one to pass to in Orlando. Jason Williams may have an all star year with whop he can pass the rock to with the Heat helping his numbers.
But lets remember guys who may not have the numbers of these guys but run their club well - Billups, Tony Parker, Tinsley, Bibby
11 years of no playoffs and counting...

Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:08 pm
HelloNewman100 wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:
As for u Newman... AI doesnt necesarely make his team better, but he's the only player that puts more effort when the games in progress then any other player. How is the scoring champ for the last 5 years overrrated. He's barely 6 feet in a sport based on height. Plus his defense is one of the best in the league for his position. He's been a first team all devensive team. Led the league in steals......the lists go on and on.


damn it! aj i just wrote u three paragraphs long response to your comments and my computer froze so i will just give u the jist.

#iverson's height and effort has nothing to do with what his effectiveness is on the court.(he is what he is, a undersized inefficient, selfish, undeciplined, hussle player who has good skills & superiors quickness and toughness.)
#HIS SHOOTING PICT IS HORRIBLE FOR SOMEONE WHO makes so few threes
#if u have someone who can handle the ball u can post up iverson
#i would never trade a 26 year old michael finley for a 26 year old iverson.


I wouldnt want u as a GM. AI has never had support and even led a team to the championship. Finely has had more and really does nothing. Wow, i thought we were talking about PG's and then u bring finley up.

I guess ur the only one that believes Baron is Number one so far....
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:19 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:
I guess ur the only one that believes Baron is Number one so far....


yeah and i am shocked i am the only one, i mean the guy turned a perenial loser like the wariors around. you get 20 8 4 every night every night from him


Plus the guy has a really cool website. 8)

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:49 pm
no one knows how huge this upcoming year is for baron than himself. he knows if he leads this team who hasnt won sh*t for 11 yrs into the playoffs he will get his respect. he was known in new oleans but he's going to rise to fame in golden st. if he stays healthy.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:32 am
Yo i ain't no Einstein. But it's Baron not BARRON!

Anyhow definately the best PG in the league. Steve Nash won the trophy, But tell me a team that had a better record then the Warriors after the Allstar and lacked ALLSTARS.

Nash still had Amare and Marion, Baron's only allstar teammates were Allstatrs who had never played on Sunday!

A.I is aight. Give the man credit cause the last 5 years i've been saying, his getting older. this is the season where his numbers decline. yet he puts that body on the line CONSISTENTLY
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:56 am
Hard to find a player that has gone through as much frustration and stil keeps turning up every season to be one of the best than Allen Iverson!!!!!!

This guy has played through bad injuries, has been unpopular to even his teams's fans and has a GM that has no idea how to put talent around him to finally give him a sot at a championship - If I was Iverson, I would demand to get traded to a tram that has a chance now at a championship or to a team that has a smart GM who will make a great team within a year or two - Sort of like Mullin, Nelson and Popovich kind!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:22 am
Trade him to the same team as KG. then they can both bitch about there lack of getting passed hurdles in the post season together
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:58 am
pawnograffiti wrote:Trade him to the same team as KG. then they can both bitch about there lack of getting passed hurdles in the post season together



Iverson and KG together...................
They would be talking about all the championships they won the last few years of their careers when they played for the same team and finally had another star along side them
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron