The Oakland Athletics Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:37 am
I saw Blanton's line but didn't catch any of the game. I've been rocking the Halo 3 beta. From all accounts though he was dealing.

Johan is 0-2 in his last few starts against the A's. It's not even his fault though, the SS never should have thrown that ball. His bad.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:31 am
Chavez has come alive in the past few weeks. That was a no-doubter that he hit when he ripped the collective heart out of chowder nation last night.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:11 pm
Shannon Stewart gets a free pass for the rest of the year on anything for breaking up Schilling's no-no in the ninth. He is a hero for that.

I don't like Curt Schilling at all.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:07 am
DAMN, dude.

Schilling was serving the A's yesterday. Not to talk sh*t, cause Noah Lowry was definately fuckin up for the Giants, but its been a LONG time since I've seen a team get handled like that.

Good thing Shannon Stewart's on the roster, eh? :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:55 am
Yeah, we got served. I only saw the boxscore but he had something like 80 something pitches entering the 9th.

At least we took 2 out of 3 though and the game we lost was a gem by a WS winner. Blanton pitched well too.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:44 am
Wow. I did not see Milton Bradley getting released like that. There must be more to the story.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:35 pm
Thunder wrote:Wow. I did not see Milton Bradley getting released like that. There must be more to the story.

Wow, I am shocked by this. I know he threw a tantrum in the dugout after being called out on strikes yesterday. He met with Beane afterwards. He must have went crazy on Beane and they just felt that he was too volitale for the clubhouse.

Unfortunate because he probably has the most talent on the team.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:49 pm
I don't know about most talent on the team but he was certainly a welcome face around October. I could care less if he didn't play that much during the regular season because he is the kind of guy who just gets big hits in the postseason. Oh well.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:55 pm
Thunder wrote:I don't know about most talent on the team but he was certainly a welcome face around October. I could care less if he didn't play that much during the regular season because he is the kind of guy who just gets big hits in the postseason. Oh well.

If not the most talented, pretty darn close. As close to a 5 tool player as we have (had).
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:39 pm
He had the most potential, easily, but he's been pretty absent from the lineup to justify holding a spot for.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:01 pm
we smashed the yanks today
Armani,DKNY and Dolce is all I wear baby
USC,Oakland A's, Golden state warriors, Oakland raiders
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:03 pm
Haren is going to the all-star game last time I checked. Nice stats... 8-2, 2.20 ERA. Very impressive. He should start off for the AL since the game is here in the bay area.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:36 pm
Haren, if there was any justice in the world, would start the All Star game.

Too bad the whole thing is a sham anyway. It is so foolish to have every tem represented and the East coast bias is disgusting. What is Manny Ramirez doing on the team? Gil Meche thinks Manny shouldn't have a spot. Polanco shouldn't be on the team either. Where is Swisher?

On the National side I would throw a fit if I was Soriano because I KNOW that the MLB rigged the voting to get Bonds in the starting lineup. If you are going to do that just come clean with it and give it a hometown exemption or something to that effect - you know, the same thing they should've done with Ripken a while back. Also Rollins should punch whoever is managing the team for taking Meat hook and Freddy Sanchez over him. Sanchez didn't even start playing until May and hasn't done much since.

I don't care for every team being represented, it is stupid. The only time that a team should be guarenteed a player is if they are hosting. And they need a much better way to do the reserves, like a league committee. The managers come in second to the fans in terms of worst All Star choices every year. What a joke.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:50 pm
I hear Harden is starting tomorrow, any of you know if that is true or not?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:00 am
BLANTON has been absolutely money, shoulda been on the all-star roster.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board