Video Game Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:36 am
Thunder wrote:Is Sega Mega Drive what they called the Genesis over there?

I think so. Although we better wait for migya to answer that if we want to be certain.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:42 am
I know what Genesis is. I've not heard of "Sega Mega Drive" before.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:36 pm
Thunder wrote:Is Sega Mega Drive what they called the Genesis over there?

Don't think so. Sega Mega Drive was the 2nd game system that Sega brought out. The 1st game system they brought out was called Sega Mastersystem and that first came out about 16-17 years ago. Sega Mega Drive first came out here about 14 years ago

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:41 pm
I don't know that system, but I know the games you've said such as Tekken.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:16 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:I don't know that system, but I know the games you've said such as Tekken.

I'm looking to download Tekken games for the PC off the net but can't find it on Bearshare.

Sega Mega Drive ws the flavour of the day but got overtaken quickly by Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis very quickly. I still have the Mega Drive and got it out about a week ago and played some of those old games. Really nice actually

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:33 am
IGN has a preview of the latest Fallout 3 demo. Seems like they have fixed the two worst flaws of Oblivion, the conversation system and the levelling (radically changing the first and refining the latter, so not the whole world changes according to the character level).

Here's the link:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/800/800570p1.html

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GEM!!! (and it's still more than one year away)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:45 am
I find those games boring. But for some reason, the Fallout series has always caught my eye. I've got to say after the feeling of not being so satisfied with Oblivion, Fallout 3 is on my list.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:11 am
How about the good old Warcraft games :dontknow:

Haven't played Warcraft 3 yet, though I have wanted to since 2002 :| Just been a lazy prik really.

Anyone into strategy games

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:26 am
migya wrote:Anyone into strategy games

Not much. Things happen way too slow for me. I'm a big fan of CRPGs, as I'm more interested in the story than anything else. If the story sucks, I'm not able to keep playing...

The problem is that good CRPGs only come out from time to time. It's a rare year if you have more than one or two decent titles.

Other than that, I only follow the GTA and Madden series (not NBA live, as their latest titles were really disappointing).

Oh well, that gives me enough time to watch bball games. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:54 am
Recently downloaded Duke Nukem 3D Manhatten Project (had played and finished every phase of the original Duke Nukem some 8 years ago) and also finding some older games to play. Alot of nice games to pass the time out there

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:40 pm
here E3
SONY-http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803629/vids_1.html
MS-http://media.xbox360.ign.com/articles/803/803199/vids_1.html
This is the year
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:55 pm
What did you guys think of the E3 press conferences?

I thought all three of them (Sony, MS, and Nintendo) felt pretty lackluster given the opportunity that each had.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:30 pm
i think that sony won E3 this year.i didnt see netindo es confrence yet. but MS had a bad e3 like the ps3 form last year.MS didnt show anything new the only good thing about MS is halo that the only thing that stand out. PS3 had very good E3 they came out with a of 1st party games show us KILLZONE 2( with look fuking great).HOME for ps3 and MGS4 is staying one the ps3 plus the price drop.Now igot to watch E3 wii.
This is the year
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:34 pm
migya wrote:How about the good old Warcraft games :dontknow:

Haven't played Warcraft 3 yet, though I have wanted to since 2002 :| Just been a lazy prik really.

Anyone into strategy games

I am by no means a gamer, especially with PC games, although I do own a PS2. In my college days I played much more... that was back in the days of Nintendo and then Sega Genesis just came out. Many hours spent playing Tecmo Bowl and Double Dribble!

Anyway, that being said, a buddy at my last job sold me on trying the PC game World of Warcraft. It is a MMORPG or whatever that is called. Man, I got addicted to that game QUICKLY!!! Had to take a step back from it but still play once a week or so.

Anyone play that game?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:01 pm
hellkiller wrote:i think that sony won E3 this year.i didnt see netindo es confrence yet. but MS had a bad e3 like the ps3 form last year.MS didnt show anything new the only good thing about MS is halo that the only thing that stand out. PS3 had very good E3 they came out with a of 1st party games show us KILLZONE 2( with look fuking great).HOME for ps3 and MGS4 is staying one the ps3 plus the price drop.Now igot to watch E3 wii.

I can agree that MS' conference was lackluster, especially since everyone was waiting for a price drop counter or something else huge. Instead they just rolled out the games for Fall 07 and mentioned exclusivity with upcoming Splinter Cells.

Conversely, I can't agree that Sony had a strong showing either. Besides Killzone, which does look tight, their big announcement was that they haven't lost MGS4, which was widely rumored. You can't really call maintaining staus quo from a year ago a coup, which is why I felt they had a mediocre showing as well. Also, almost all the games they trotted out were due to hit shelves in mid to late 2008, whereas MS' parade were due out for later this year.

You should check out the Nintendo press conference, because I guess they came away with the win. They aren't going to be revelling in the glory that is Rock Band but they did nab Guitar Hero 3 and their first party games look as nice as ever. Wii Fit, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl all look to be console movers and were on display.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum