ps3

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

whould you buy the ps3 now for 499

yes
67%
no
No votes
wait till another price drop
33%

Total votes : 3

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:17 pm
any1 here have a ps3?
Last edited by hellkiller on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the year
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:44 am
I believe 32 does. Wish I did, I love the games they make for the PS.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:05 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I believe 32 does. Wish I did, I love the games they make for the PS.

All about the 360 baby, Gears of war and halo 3 comin in november is all you need! What does the ps3 have? Resistance? Haha give me a break!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:48 am
Dubs4life wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:I believe 32 does. Wish I did, I love the games they make for the PS.

All about the 360 baby, Gears of war and halo 3 comin in november is all you need! What does the ps3 have? Resistance? Haha give me a break!

If you can call out Halo 3, the Playstation 3 users can counter with Grand Theft Auto IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, and God of War 3.

Halo is a decent shooter, but its far from the best FPS out there (which is something XBox fans have been denying for years, but its true). Don't get me wrong; its among the top 3 shooter franchises out there (and its better than anything currently on PS3), but its far from being the premiere gaming franchise in the world. Metal Gear Solid is a far better overall gaming experience. As far as story-line, gaming experience, controls, graphics, music, difficulty, innovation, and replay value all rolled into one game... its tough to deny that Metal Gear isn't on top of the pile.

On top of that, it costs a monthly fee to play the 360 online (PS3 is free), the graphical difference favors the Playstation (and it'll become more apparent as the technology becomes more familiar), and the PS3's rechargeable, wireless controllers don't cost extra money. My buddy has an XBox 360 and its just as buggy and breakable as the original XBox. Granted, the controller is a helluva upgrade and Gears of War is pretty sick... but that's where the 360's advantages end. Even he (a 360 owner) submits to the PS3's dominance.

The only people who prefer the XBox 360 are the people who don't have the money to buy a PS3. That's just the truth. And I don't begrudge anybody for not having the cash to buy a better system, but don't pretend that it outranks the big dog on campus. If money isn't an issue, the choice is insanely clear. Comparing the 360 to the PS3 is like comparing a Mustang to a Lambourgini. Sure, the Pony's nice and it's a ton of fun... but its just out of it's league when compared to a supercar. The same holds true for the 360 when it comes to comparisons to the PS3. In a year from now, there won't be anymore debate. Once GTA and MGS hit, it's over.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:16 pm
32 wrote:
Dubs4life wrote:

If you can call out Halo 3, the Playstation 3 users can counter with Grand Theft Auto IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, and God of War 3.

Halo is a decent shooter, but its far from the best FPS out there (which is something XBox fans have been denying for years, but its true). Don't get me wrong; its among the top 3 shooter franchises out there (and its better than anything currently on PS3), but its far from being the premiere gaming franchise in the world. Metal Gear Solid is a far better overall gaming experience. As far as story-line, gaming experience, controls, graphics, music, difficulty, innovation, and replay value all rolled into one game... its tough to deny that Metal Gear isn't on top of the pile.

On top of that, it costs a monthly fee to play the 360 online (PS3 is free), the graphical difference favors the Playstation (and it'll become more apparent as the technology becomes more familiar), and the PS3's rechargeable, wireless controllers don't cost extra money. My buddy has an XBox 360 and its just as buggy and breakable as the original XBox. Granted, the controller is a helluva upgrade and Gears of War is pretty sick... but that's where the 360's advantages end. Even he (a 360 owner) submits to the PS3's dominance.

The only people who prefer the XBox 360 are the people who don't have the money to buy a PS3. That's just the truth. And I don't begrudge anybody for not having the cash to buy a better system, but don't pretend that it outranks the big dog on campus. If money isn't an issue, the choice is insanely clear. Comparing the 360 to the PS3 is like comparing a Mustang to a Lambourgini. Sure, the Pony's nice and it's a ton of fun... but its just out of it's league when compared to a supercar. The same holds true for the 360 when it comes to comparisons to the PS3. In a year from now, there won't be anymore debate. Once GTA and MGS hit, it's over.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Dude, you know what makes halo the best fps on earth? Everyone plays it! Do you know anyone who has never played halo? Other than some chicks, i dont think so. The problem with the ps3 is exactly what you said, the price. Because it cost so much not many people were able to buy them. I dont know many people who own a ps3, and therefore if I did own one then I wouldnt have anyone to play with. The ps3 has sold only like 3 million consoles, where as the 360 has sold like 8 mil.

Anyways, Halo was extremely well set up for online play and millions of people play (or played before gears came out) online. About the PS3 live, YOU CANT TALK THROUGH MICS! What is that? Trash talking is what makes live so great! I get to rag on some 50 year old losers who play, whats better than that?

About the glitches in the 360, I have never had a problem with either my xbox or my 360. Ill give you one thing though, the ps3's graphics are better (but not overwhelmingly better). The only way to settle the debate over MGS and Halo is to see which sells more copies once it comes out, I could probably agrue over this forever. Right now the 360 is better because gears blows away all the games ps3 has out, but once GTA and MGS come out for the ps3 then maybe we can revisit this debate.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:56 pm
the 360 suck man the red ring of death give me a break,and your comparing a 2 year old system to a 6 month old system, what game did the 360 have when it first came out, by the way what your PSN 32
This is the year
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:03 pm
and did you know that the xbox 360 cost more then the ps3 if you want ur xbox to be the same as a ps3

ps3-$600+ tax

XBOX 360-$400
+HD-DVD -200
+xbox live -$60
+wifi adapter $100
your grand total of your 360 is $760+tax
This is the year
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:36 pm
Dubs4life wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Dude, you know what makes halo the best fps on earth? Everyone plays it! Do you know anyone who has never played halo? Other than some chicks, i dont think so.

Being a party game is all well and good, but its far from being the decisive factor in what makes a game great. And, even then, Halo's far from being the best at that. Madden is, by far, the most popular game around. Having a lot of online opponents doesn't mean jack sh*t, to me. There's no shortage of people online when I log on (for free, once again) to play Resistance or NBA 2K7 online.

Look at Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario, and Halo. Sega, Nintendo, and Microsoft are all trapped within their flagship games. Those systems have all only become as good as their mascot. The Xbox only goes as far as Halo can take it. Beyond Halo, there's nothing on the 360 that would convince anybody to buy a 360 over a PS3. Thats Sony's advantage. The sheer amount of flagship games (FF, MGS, GoW, GTA, Grand Turismo, ect) that could be considered the best game on the platform.

Dubs4life wrote:The problem with the ps3 is exactly what you said, the price. Because it cost so much not many people were able to buy them.

Okay. So are you willing to admit that if the PS3 and Xbox 360 cost the same amount, the Playstation 3 is the better system?

By the way, as hellkiller pointed out, you have to actually shell out more cash to get the same equipment if you opt to buy an XBox. And, on top of that, there's no 60 gig hard drive for the 360.

Dubs4life wrote:I dont know many people who own a ps3, and therefore if I did own one then I wouldnt have anyone to play with. The ps3 has sold only like 3 million consoles, where as the 360 has sold like 8 mil.

That's purely due to Microsoft's full year head start. Give me a call in 2008 and we'll see how many of each system were sold. Once the holiday rush gets here (which has always been Sony's strong point in the year), everything should even out.

Dubs4life wrote:Anyways, Halo was extremely well set up for online play and millions of people play (or played before gears came out) online. About the PS3 live, YOU CANT TALK THROUGH MICS! What is that? Trash talking is what makes live so great! I get to rag on some 50 year old losers who play, whats better than that?

Fair point. I'm sure the Playstation will address this (along with the rumble controllers) in time. As it stands, I'd simply like to reitterate for the third time that it cost Playstation users absolutely nothing to log online and play (whereas XBox users pay a monthly fee).

Personally, I'd rather pay nothing to play in silence than pay $30 a month (or whatever it is) to talk.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:54 pm
year), everything should even out.

Dubs4life wrote:Anyways, Halo was extremely well set up for online play and millions of people play (or played before gears came out) online. About the PS3 live, YOU CANT TALK THROUGH MICS!quote]

well the ps3 can talk through the mic,wait guess what the ps3 next big hit is warhawk when u buy warhawk it come with a free bluetooth headset
This is the year
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:45 pm
I have to jump in on this.

Regarding GTA IV, it will be a multiplatform release, so it doesn't really count for the PS3's favor. MGS IV, although still currently dubbed a PS3 exclusive, is heavily rumored to be jumping ship to be multiplatform as well (the same can be said for the next Final Fantasy installment). God of War 3 is untouchable though - Sony isn't letting that go anywhere.

Continuing with Halo 3, whether or not your opinion of the series being over hyped or not it is still the #1 machine exclusive game. That is a huge chip on the 360's side. I find it to be one of the best shooters out there (if not the best) and it certainly played a part in my decision to get a 360 over a PS3. What is nice about it is that it can be both a party game as well as a balls out shooter.

Other 360 exlusives that are coming out that look as good as anything the PS3 will be putting out are Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, and Bioshock. This will join the stable that includes Gears of War and an HD version of Guitar Hero.

As far as the ring of death goes, I think that is the only real knock on the 360. But the problem only really occured with first generation 360s and newer ones don't freeze up in the same way.

Cost wise it is true that if you deck out your 360 to get all of the benefits of a PS3 it'll cost you more. The thing is that doing this is optional. I don't really have a need for HD DVDs and I am sure a ton of PS3 owners don't use their blu rays enough to justify the $200 mark up on their PS3 for it. Along these lines I don't need a wireless adapter because I just plug into the hardline. I also have no problem paying about $4 a month for Xbox live because it is about $10 better than the PS network.

I was a pretty diehard PS2 user but when I jumped to the 360 I haven't really regretted it. Although the better console has yet to establish itself, the 360 has an early lead (look at sales and market share numbers) and I couldn't be more happy with it. Fact is that Sony lost what it meant to be a gaming maching and tried to take over my living room and it ultimately cost them. If they ever go back to what made the PS2 so great - being a versitile, affordable gaming machine that attracts great third party titles - then I'll have no problem swtiching back.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:29 pm
Halo's online play makes it a hit. If you don't have Xbox Live, you don't have diddly squat. I don't like playing Halo 2 anyway, too many damn mods and cheaters out there. At least in Gears I can shotty down the "crab-walkers" and snipe the f*ckin' head off a glitcher.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:56 pm
Thunder wrote:I have to jump in on this.

Regarding GTA IV, it will be a multiplatform release, so it doesn't really count for the PS3's favor. MGS IV, although still currently dubbed a PS3 exclusive, is heavily rumored to be jumping ship to be multiplatform as well (the same can be said for the next Final Fantasy installment). God of War 3 is untouchable though - Sony isn't letting that go anywhere.

Continuing with Halo 3, whether or not your opinion of the series being over hyped or not it is still the #1 machine exclusive game. That is a huge chip on the 360's side. I find it to be one of the best shooters out there (if not the best) and it certainly played a part in my decision to get a 360 over a PS3. What is nice about it is that it can be both a party game as well as a balls out shooter.

Other 360 exlusives that are coming out that look as good as anything the PS3 will be putting out are Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, and Bioshock. This will join the stable that includes Gears of War and an HD version of Guitar Hero.

As far as the ring of death goes, I think that is the only real knock on the 360. But the problem only really occured with first generation 360s and newer ones don't freeze up in the same way.

Cost wise it is true that if you deck out your 360 to get all of the benefits of a PS3 it'll cost you more. The thing is that doing this is optional. I don't really have a need for HD DVDs and I am sure a ton of PS3 owners don't use their blu rays enough to justify the $200 mark up on their PS3 for it. Along these lines I don't need a wireless adapter because I just plug into the hardline. I also have no problem paying about $4 a month for Xbox live because it is about $10 better than the PS network.

I was a pretty diehard PS2 user but when I jumped to the 360 I haven't really regretted it. Although the better console has yet to establish itself, the 360 has an early lead (look at sales and market share numbers) and I couldn't be more happy with it. Fact is that Sony lost what it meant to be a gaming maching and tried to take over my living room and it ultimately cost them. If they ever go back to what made the PS2 so great - being a versitile, affordable gaming machine that attracts great third party titles - then I'll have no problem swtiching back.

MGS4 will not be on xbox360 for one reason space.the xbox 360 dvd disc
only hold up to 15 GB compare to blu-ray 50 GB so that mean game maker dont have a hard time making games and caring if this game fit in to this disc,xbox live is very similer to PSN i just dont get why Bill Gate got to charge u money to play with som1 online
This is the year
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:02 pm
[quote="Thunder"]

(look at sales and market share numbers) and I couldn't be more happy with it. Fact is that Sony lost what it meant to be a gaming maching and tried to take over my living room and it ultimately cost them. [quote]

Like I said before your comparing a 6 year old system to a 2 year old system so ofcourse the 360 sold more system than the ps3, it like your comparing a rookie to a hall of framer
This is the year
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:05 pm
Oh yeah#32 what your PSN name?
This is the year
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:19 pm
The MGS4 thing is just a rumor. If they did in fact try to bring it over the programmers would find a way to compress the maps or rework it so that it could be ported over.

And total sales weren't the numbers I am pointing to, although they are telling in there own merit. The 360 had a one year shelf space head start on the PS3 but it has a little more than 3x the sales. Fact is that the PS3 isn't selling as well as the 360.

But also preference data has shown that of the next gen consoles only around 20% of people are picking the PS3, 30% are picking the 360, and the final 50% want the Wii.

In terms of working with a PS3 to make games the way that Sony set things up it is MUCH harder to program for the PS3 than it is for the 360. So even while developers can choose to take advantage of the Blu Ray disk space it would be quite costly for them to do so, which is why so many more games are being released for the 360. Ironically it was the ease of programming that was a big draw to the PS2.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum