1 week of suspention is enough
23%
get fired
54%

Total votes : 13

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:37 am
I heard Larry Krueger's rant live and aside from the carribean comments, I think it was the funniest two hours of radio i have ever heard.

I mean the guy just went nuts he critisized every one who had anything to do with the giants orginizations. At one point in time he said that the giants owner should call all his major and minor leagus coaches, scouts, The GM and the scouting director to his office. Then lock up all the doors and windows fumigate the place and go to hawai for a week.

I have listened to the guy for as long as I can remember and think he was great after warrior games but these comments will eventually get him fired. (Alou said he will not let this thing die)

I know i will take some heat for this but I don't think the guy should get fired. He made a very stupid comment that had no malicious intent behind it and i beleive he was actually pissed off and had minimal controll over his tounge.

I did not grow up in a environment of racism so I wouldn't know how offensive these comments were to people who faced racism, but i dont think the guy needs to lose his jobs over it.

Did Shaq get fired for talking sh*t about Yao. :?:

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:52 am
lon kruger is that the boring old geezer who i used ta fall asleep watching baseball games 2. ya fire him now
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:10 am
I am not a big Krueger fan to begin with. While I don't think he's racist, I think his comments were. I think they were just born out of frustration from having to watch and talk about this team all year. It's still inexcusable, and if he loses his job, so be it. You can't say stuff like that on the radio and expect to come back.

Bring back Ferrell!!!!!! LOL.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:26 am
krueger sux.. i say fire him.. he's been going off on the giants all year which is fine. but the crap he pulled last week was way outta [-X line... he's so freakin boring anyways.. :evil2:
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:18 am
The reson I like Larry Kreugar as a host after Warriors games is because we dont have anyone on KNBR who doesnt speak the compamy line, he actually has the balls to go after anyone.(HE SOUND LIKE A REAL FAN AND NOT LIKE A GUY WHO WANT TO COLLECT HIS CHECK AFTER THE SHOW AND GO HOME[aka Gary Radnich]) he is perfect for after game shows

And I also beleive people deserve a second chance despite their stupidity level. His comment were more stupid and insensetive than racist.

PS michael23 larry Kreugar is not lon kreugar

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:39 am
Kruger's comments are just as bad as John Rockers anti-everything comments and Rush Limbaughs black quarterback thing on McNabb. It doesnt matter how long he's been in sports radio in the bay or how he sounds for u Newman, he deserves to get punish for it. Like felipe alou says "Its a slap on the face".

He Needs the Boot
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:48 pm
His comments were no where near as bad as john rokers or rush limbaugh's comments because if u actually hears the whole show that day you would probably agree with me too.

Out of context those comment do sound very racist but if u heard his whole rant and how he was cursing at evey one, that comment might have been the most tame thing he had said that night.

He made a poor choice of word for descrbing Devi Cruz and Pedro Feliz and should be suspended but to fire him would be a big crime, because he won't get any radio gigs anytime soon if ever. And he has already apologized for it.

Alou can get offended and does not have to accept his apolgy but to campaign for is job is just a little too much.

PS i do like him as a host which might cloud my judgement a little but i trust my self enough to know the difference between a racist comment and a stupid comment. And what Kreugar said was stupid not racist.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:24 pm
HelloNewman100 wrote:His comments were no where near as bad as john rokers or rush limbaugh's comments because if u actually hears the whole show that day you would probably agree with me too.

Out of context those comment do sound very racist but if u heard his whole rant and how he was cursing at evey one, that comment might have been the most tame thing he had said that night.

He made a poor choice of word for descrbing Devi Cruz and Pedro Feliz and should be suspended but to fire him would be a big crime, because he won't get any radio gigs anytime soon if ever. And he has already apologized for it.

Alou can get offended and does not have to accept his apolgy but to campaign for is job is just a little too much.

PS i do like him as a host which might cloud my judgement a little but i trust my self enough to know the difference between a racist comment and a stupid comment. And what Kreugar said was stupid not racist.

wow poor him he wont be gettin radio gigs. Think before u speak is a lesson he has to learn the hard way. I dont give a flying fcuk if he apologized. If someone commits a murder and then apologies it doesnt make what he did go away.

So u think making fun of "Carribean players isnt racist" SO what Limbaugh and Rocker said wasnt racist according to u then right? Ur wacked Newman
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:05 pm
ajcardenas123 u seem like a very bitter man, but u dont seem to acknowledge or refute any of the points I have made and seem convinced that these were racist comments. Maybe u and i just differ in the definintion of racism.

Assuming that character and abilities of an individual substantially depend on racial or ethnic stereotypes is race prejudice, and granting or withholding rights or privileges based on such stereotypes is racially discriminatory prejudice. The term racism sometimes is used to mean a strong and persistent bias or inclination towards these attitudes.

Some believe that the term also is often used incorrectly by supporters of cultural relativism and political correctness to stigmatise their adversaries.
= that is u ajcardenas123

now if larry krugar is persistant or even repeats any dorogatory comments again, then I would say get his ass out of here but to not give someone a second chance is just redicules.

ajcardenas123 I am not looking to win this argument from anyone. And i have no right to tell people how to feel with what people say but in my mind these comment weren't comments out of hate or persistant.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:34 pm
hey newman i watch the games, maybe you should start doing the same seeing and hearing are two different things entirely.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:51 pm
michael 23 what the heck are u talking about

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:23 pm
Lemme tell u sumthing newman, i dont kno what nationality are u or how u were raised. Lemme tell u how i was raised. I am a non-white guy living in a well dominant white area. I see how people look at me cuz im not one of them or that im gonna steal sumthing. But i was taught that being a certain race doesnt make u different in importance then the next guy. Each individual regardless of race,sex,religion, and age is their own person

What Larry Kruger said that the latinos in the Gaints were making them struggle is racist. So get that in ur head. Race shouldnt be a factor for a team's struggles. Ok so shut up with that o that was a stupid comment not a racist comment crap and go hang with ur buddies John and Rush.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:06 pm
ajcardenas123 did you ever think that people might be looking at you funny not because of your race but because you are such an A HOLE. :?:

Let me take a deep breath and say this to u again there is racism in the world and I am not white and have faced some racist comments but Larry Kreugar comments were not racist they wee stupid much like yourself.

ajcardenas123 stop using race as an excuse for your obnoxious personality, the sooner u realize you have a problem the sooner you can get over it.

With love

sanity
Last edited by The Real Newman on Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:18 pm
just bustin your balls newman, sounded to me like you listen to most of the games on the radio which isnt like tv. no harm no foul :)
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:21 pm
I watch most of the game on TV( the ones I miss I TIVO) I don't think I have missed more than five games in the last five years
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball