Game Thread: Utah Jazz @ Warriors 2007-05-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors continue this intensity for game 4?

Poll ended at Sun May 13, 2007 8:51 pm

YES
96%
NO
4%

Total votes : 25

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:34 pm
^^^good for you! I still hold out hope for GS they can do this :D ..come back from 3-1 and win 4-3..Phoenix did it against the Lakers..why can't GS?

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:54 pm
Well unlike a lot of the "fans" and trollers who joined recently, I have been through thick and thin with this team. I was buying one game tix when they were a 19 win team and watching them whenever I could. This isn't painful by a longshot. This game is painful for ppl who just joined in on the festivities.

But lets use sloans mentality and start chippin away next game!
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:58 pm
on the brightside.... 1 more loss and pietrus is gone!!! :D

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:07 pm
blacksheep589692 wrote:on the brightside.... 1 more loss and pietrus is gone!!! :D

ya.. during that one horrible stretch I was thinkin.... welcome back clang...
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:08 pm
if we lost by 2 i was ready to blame the 0-3 fts from him :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:49 pm
Was at the game, great seats, and here's a quick report from what I saw.

1) Utah was, simply, the better team tonight. The game was played at their pace, and they played exceptional defense, esp on Baron, doubling and tripling him starting at halfcourt.

2) Baron was not on and could not adapt to the new look d.

3) free throws, free throws, free throws. Just a bad free throw team, which cost them possibly 2 games

4) at the risk of yet another pro-Biedrins thread from Air Ellis, I really don't know what he is doing. he is an utter liability on offense, his entire repertoire consisting of aimless meandering screens, the occasional roll to the rim and praying for a perfect feed from baron for a dunk. Useless on the offensive glass.

5) Pietrus - nothing more needs to be said. Just a dumb dumb player

6) nice games from Monta and Harrington, the only 2 able to get to the rim.

7) off game for Jrich

8) Good overall game by sjax.

9) Nelson was outcoached by Sloan tonight, and Sloan trusts his bench more than nelson.

10) Boozer is a true star and Deron Williams will be a better PG than Baron within 2 years. Clutch game from DFish as well.

Anyway, with all of that, it was 97-93 when BD bricked his free throws, so despite being outplayed, the Ws still had a shot. we shall see what happens on Tuesday. Hopefully, baron brings his A game, so we can bring it back for a game 6.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:51 pm
Good overall game by sjax.

watch the game again.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:51 pm
blacksheep589692 wrote:
Good overall game by sjax.

watch the game again.

dude - watched the whole thing from row 8 and the good thing about that is you are not restricted to just watching what the camera shows. Other than the TOs, he had a solid game, including good D on Okur, being one of only 3 ws to consistently drive, getting both Okur and Kirlilenko in foul trouble, 11/12 from line, a couple of steals and a block.

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:52 am
Had to be a win and wasn't! Near impossible to win from here! Baron and JRich not themselves and apparently Baron smacked Fisher at the end of the game and may get suspended and JRich also will answer for his incident. Even though the team played badly, they were in it at the end so that is a good thing.

It has been a great dream run and the team has done more than most of us thought they could and we all should be happy, even if they don't go any further

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:08 am
migya wrote:It has been a great dream run and the team has done more than most of us thought they could and we all should be happy, even if they don't go any further

It's not over yet, migya. The Jazz will have to fight for that last win, even tho they're the clear favourites right now.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:27 am
Jazz are a good team, and they did what the Warriors couldnt in game 2, close out. Still, we are better than we have shown, and shcokingly we have STILL have yet to play our best basketball.

I've seen this all before, (HELL!, even Nelson had thought we had no chance at one point during the season so being down 3-1 is nothing) but instead of giving in, the Warriors put together one of the greatest April ever.

Its not how you start, its how your finish!"

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:34 am
I swear Pietrus looks like a lost person sometimes. I don't see intensity from him. He just looks like a lost sheep trying to find his way back to the flock. For all of Sjaxs terrible decision making and him being a head case, he has the will to win. which is more than I can say for pietrus.
-John Madden
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:50 am
migya wrote:Had to be a win and wasn't! Near impossible to win from here! Baron and JRich not themselves and apparently Baron smacked Fisher at the end of the game and may get suspended and JRich also will answer for his incident. Even though the team played badly, they were in it at the end so that is a good thing.

It has been a great dream run and the team has done more than most of us thought they could and we all should be happy, even if they don't go any further

Right on, Miggy. I mean, back when they were 26-35 it seemed so ludicrous they would go 14-6 their last 20 to even make the playoffs, you bet me a bottle of fine spirits. Not only did they exceed that, 15-5 in last 20, but they then spanked the Mavs in the biggest upset the league has ever seen. It's all matchups, and clearly we would have matched up better against Houston. However, no one has won 4 games yet, so let's see if this miracle run continues. Whatever happens, I am truly satisfied, because this team has exceeded everyone's expectations.

ImageImage
Previous

Return to Game Threads