YES
77%
NO
23%

Total votes : 26

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:59 pm
I expect two solid wins now and then the crucial game will be game 5 - if we take it (and I honestly see that happening, especially after these two first games in slc), it's over in 6, if not it will go to 7 and we will most likely lose. A loss in game 3 or 4 would kill us, though - therefore, let's focus on one game at a time and get ready for friday night.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:28 am
coltraning wrote:Utah deserved the win. We needed to hit free throws, that simple. JRich 0-2 and Mickael lobotomy 0-2. We'll smoke them on Friday and win a close one at the oracle on Sunday, then it is a 3 game series.

Free throws... and some rebounding. The Jazz almost doubled our number of boards (60-32). It's a miracle the game was that close.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:01 am
Both games have been similar: Jazz play well as do the Warriors but the boys stuff up in a few ways and can't finish the game! This second game was ours and the boys found a way to lose, somewhat a reversion back to how they were before the big run some one and a half months ago! Baron a monster and Deron did his bit, hitting that shot to send it to overtime. Rebounds are killing the team! Gotta get more from Biedrins on that! Kirilenko has played two good games and hopefully he will go back to the crap he has been doing the last 6 months! The team shot pretty bad but the Jazz shot well, so the team can only get better. WHERE THE FUK IS ELLIS! He has to wake up and start being himself again! Credit to the Jazz but it was more the Warriors' stuffing up HUGE that lost us the game!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:06 am
Two very disappointing losses for the Warriors in the opening two games. I say disappointing because the Warriors could have and probably should have won both games.....particularly game two.

While the team is playing much, much, much better right now than they were earlier in the season, two things that hurt the Warriors way back at the beginning of the season are killing them now....rebounds and bad free throw shooting.

Had Mikael Pietrus made one of two in the last thirty seconds or Baron had made his second free throw, this series would likely be 1-1. In addition, I can't tell you how many second chance points the Jazz scored on offensive rebounds and put backs.

Somehow, someway, the Warriors have to keep the Jazz off the glass. Everyone has to rebound.

Strangly, I am still confident that the Warriors can and will win the next two games to even this series up. I have faith in the team and in the home crowd at the Oracle to get the team up for these two hugely important games. If the Warriors lose game three it will be tough to come back from an 0-3 deficit and advance.

Thus, all is not lost. The team needs to literally rebound and I think they will rebound in the series and get their swagger back at the Oracle this weekend.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:11 am
migya wrote:WHERE THE FUK IS ELLIS!

I really think he's rattled. Thats why nellie pulled him from the starting lineup. He like any other 2nd year in that respect. His mental toughness really hasn't developed into the NBA level yet. When he gets it going, he rides the wave in. But if the waves look choppy, he gets tentative and starts messin up. I think that closeup on TNT after he got pulled said it all. He had his head in his hands covered with a towel. I think somebody really needs to talk to him and set him straight. This is not the same confident Monta I saw in the highlights of the regular season.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:17 pm
tkono wrote:

I really think he's rattled. Thats why nellie pulled him from the starting lineup. He like any other 2nd year in that respect. His mental toughness really hasn't developed into the NBA level yet. When he gets it going, he rides the wave in. But if the waves look choppy, he gets tentative and starts messin up. I think that closeup on TNT after he got pulled said it all. He had his head in his hands covered with a towel. I think somebody really needs to talk to him and set him straight. This is not the same confident Monta I saw in the highlights of the regular season.

Shh...Deron Williams...
Texas and Arizona are dusty. Bring yer brooms.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:20 pm
utahboozer wrote:
tkono wrote:

Shh...Deron Williams...

ok ok. any other regular 2nd year. ;) If nellie pulled Deron from the starting lineup for not playing up to par, I would think he'd be in the same boat..
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:31 pm
The Jazz almost doubled our number of boards (60-32). It's a miracle the game was that close.

not really a miracle, we were getting shots up alot quicker in the clock and jazz is taking alot longer so even though we got outrebounded by 28(!) we still had 3 more shot attempts, if we could just get it down to around 15 more rebounds ws should be alright.
Previous

Return to Game Threads