Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2007-05-09

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back in game 2?

Poll ended at Wed May 09, 2007 10:31 pm

YES
20
77%
NO
6
23%
 
Total votes : 26


Rookie
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:43 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:12 pm
Had to watch the game Tivo style, thats why I couldn't comment during the game.

Tough loss!! Pietrus had a chance to seal it and screwed up big time.

Seemed like Boozer got away with alot of shoving and over physical play, they finally called him for some offensive fouls in the 4th. But, they gotta call these games a little more consistent.

The Jazz were doing alot of reaching and getting away with contact that could've been called. I don't want to blame the refs, but we better get a homecourt advantage back at the Oracle

I hope they can keep that mental fortitude they have shown the last couple of months. It might be up to the fans to bring this team back.

Trolloc
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:19 pm
Warriors had a chance to leave Utah 1-1. Even 2-0 was a possibility. They just didn't close out the game when they had the chance. Now they come back home down 0-2. I can't wait to hear how loud the crowd will respond for encouragment to the players. Do you still believe? I sure do. We've faced adversity before, we can damn sure do it again.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:19 pm
damn man almosr got that game if we're going to lose this series ,it wont be bad just look on the bight side we make the play we beat the best team in the nba
This is the year

Rookie
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 10:15 am
Location: the sticks
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:23 pm
thecolony wrote:im interested to see how the warriors will come out now that they are trailing in a series, 1-0 isnt a big deal, but i wonder if they will come out guns blazing or nervous... hard to say cause theyve never been in the position


Nope, they didn't come out nervous, came out blazing, tip my hat. Last postings on the board focus on dubs screw ups but tell ya what, Jazz fans were screaming at their teams unforced turnovers and missed shots as well. Two evenly matched teams (hope you guys realize this at this point, you were giving far too little credit to the Jazz after the Dallas buzz), battling it out with heart and the best series in years. I have no doubt that dubs will win the next game, next home up for grabs, as one of you guys said, first one to steal an away game wins the series....or what you didn't say, Jazz preserved home court advantage and holding serve will win the series. Any of you guys admit the Jazz can play ball or is all your team wanking?
Be nice to us or we will bring democracy to your country.

Rookie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:27 pm
There's no question the Jazz are a quality team, but we just gave this one away tonight. This series is tied if Pietrus learned how to make a goddamn free throw, and Baron made both of his. I knew it was over once it was going to OT, we just had nothing left in the tank and the Jazz are just too physical. Hopefully we can return the favor and take both games at home. But whatever happens, its been one hell of a year and we've gone way further than I ever thought possible at the beginning of the year.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:29 pm
jazzin6 wrote:
thecolony wrote:im interested to see how the warriors will come out now that they are trailing in a series, 1-0 isnt a big deal, but i wonder if they will come out guns blazing or nervous... hard to say cause theyve never been in the position


(hope you guys realize this at this point, you were giving far too little credit to the Jazz after the Dallas buzz), quote]
you know how it is when u beat the best team in the nba u feel like you can win every game but damn the jazz sure prove me wrong
This is the year

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:30 pm
I hope MP commits suicide tonight! And shoots his ****ing brains out!!!

Rookie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:32 pm
Oh yeah, and a big f you to the Jazz for stealing our "We Believe". Get your own ****ing slogan. So lame.

Role Player
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:18 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:37 pm
J-Rich wrote:I hope MP commits suicide tonight! And shoots his ****ing brains out!!!



dont worry he'll miss
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:39 pm
By the end of the week well be tie 2-2.
Image

Rookie
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 10:15 am
Location: the sticks
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:50 pm
[quote="hellkiller quote]
you know how it is when u beat the best team in the nba u feel like you can win every game but damn the jazz sure prove me wrong[/quote]

If the dubs win the next two, now THAT shows heart and I think the entire NBA fan base barring home teams will be pulling for the dubs to go all the way. If the Jazz win this series everyone will be praying that the Jazz lose and go away so Suns/Spurs meet Detroit. No one but homers like the Jazz, which is crazy if you like hoops, they can't even cop cinderella underdog status like you guys when they do good. Is this a boring, plodding brand of basketball they are playing? By the way, did you know Utah has 5 National Parks? You should check one or two out, the politics and people might not be your flavor, but the state doesn't suck. Did I mention the best skiing in the US or is that a stupid thing to say to the Golden State?
Be nice to us or we will bring democracy to your country.

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:12 pm
allhaillordbaron wrote:Oh yeah, and a big f you to the Jazz for stealing our "We Believe". Get your own ****ing slogan. So lame.


they also stole our shirt idea. but it seemed to have worked.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Rookie
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:43 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:15 pm
blacksheep589692 wrote:
J-Rich wrote:I hope MP commits suicide tonight! And shoots his ****ing brains out!!!



dont worry he'll miss



:D :D :D

Trolloc
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:30 pm
Trolloc wrote:Had to watch the game Tivo style, thats why I couldn't comment during the game.

Tough loss!! Pietrus had a chance to seal it and screwed up big time.

Seemed like Boozer got away with alot of shoving and over physical play, they finally called him for some offensive fouls in the 4th. But, they gotta call these games a little more consistent.

The Jazz were doing alot of reaching and getting away with contact that could've been called. I don't want to blame the refs, but we better get a homecourt advantage back at the Oracle

I hope they can keep that mental fortitude they have shown the last couple of months. It might be up to the fans to bring this team back.

Trolloc

Utah deserved the win. We needed to hit free throws, that simple. JRich 0-2 and Mickael lobotomy 0-2. We'll smoke them on Friday and win a close one at the oracle on Sunday, then it is a 3 game series.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 10:08 am
Location: The Sick
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:50 pm
hellkiller wrote:damn man almosr got that game if we're going to lose this series ,it wont be bad just look on the bight side we make the play we beat the best team in the nba


just hold on to that, big guy. I hate to be a bitch troll, but the Dallas series is the biggest part of your team's amazing playoff run. But I say it ends there. You def have a good chance to win 2 at Oracle, but 1-1 is not an impossibility (just look at how close y'all came in SLC). Jazz have homecourt in the second round, it's a blessing Utah won't **** up!!!
Texas and Arizona are dusty. Bring yer brooms.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

cron