Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2007-05-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors play their style against the Jazz?

Poll ended at Tue May 08, 2007 12:48 am

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes : 29

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:28 pm
David Wood wrote:Tough break. Should have won. But we know who the better team is. If we can win game 2 or game 5 then it's over. There is not a chance in hell that they can beat us in our place.

I agree with this post. Utah will have a very hard time winning at your house. I really hope they can hold off GS and win at home like tonight.

Good luck to all.
GO JAZZ!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:59 pm
blacksheep589692 wrote:trying to find a colored person in utahs crowd is like playing wheres waldo

hard enough to find a brother on the ****ing team!
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:03 am
What does color have to do with it, ain't this hoops? You guys seem really really hung up over the Bay Culture vs Utah thing, what's up with that? For the record, Utah fans think you are all gang banging, strip bar going, dope smokin, car communting, fair weather fans, but that just might be Snoop. Plain and simple, its b-ball, Jazz got game 1, you gonna get 2?
Be nice to us or we will bring democracy to your country.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:18 am
baron needs to stop deron for the warriors to win
barnes is in need of a larger contract
the jazz need to figure out how to get the ball in the post against the warriors zone if they want to win the series
the warriors focus is really impressive
this years award winners arent showing up (coy, mip, mvp?)
the jazz need to get more physical

what a spectacular game though, a suprising amount of we believe shirts and i was really impressed with the warriors, this will not be an easy series for either team

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:02 am
jazzin6 wrote: For the record, Utah fans think you are all gang banging, strip bar going, dope smokin, car communting, fair weather fans, but that just might be Snoop.

actually thats LA :wink:
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:34 am
allhaillordbaron wrote:Tough game, but we got these guys. We're the better team. They got about as much as they're going to get out of their main guys, and we were in it the whole way. We just couldn't put em away when we had the chance.

The turning point in the game was the clear-path foul not called. We really had a chance to extend the lead there and we got effed by the ref. Tough break. But hey, gotta come out and win game 2.
Yea I Agree, Also got screwed on that non interference call :protest:
Barnes played a good game but hopefully Monta can get a little run too as he has played well against the Jazz & adds a different defensive gear on Deron.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:03 am
thecolony wrote:baron needs to stop deron for the warriors to win
barnes is in need of a larger contract
the jazz need to figure out how to get the ball in the post against the warriors zone if they want to win the series
the warriors focus is really impressive
this years award winners arent showing up (coy, mip, mvp?)
the jazz need to get more physical

what a spectacular game though, a suprising amount of we believe shirts and i was really impressed with the warriors, this will not be an easy series for either team

Agreed... also, we need to do a better job on the boards if we want to have a chance to win the series. Boozer and Okur alone almost had the same number of boards than the whole Dubs team...

With that said, I'm quite happy with the game. Even tho we were getting beaten on the boards, we kept the game close til the end. That's encouraging for the rest of the series.

btw, where's Monta?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:48 am
Mitch Richmond wrote:We're getting hacked every time down the court yet the refs aren't calling ****. What a F'ing joke.

Shouldn't be surprised, this always happens with the team! Close game and Pest has it pretty right saying that the Jazz played real well and only just won. Baron was outplayed and he has to come back hard against deron. Boozer was a monster but JRich and Barnes played well, as did Harrington finally. AK played very well but likely that won't continue

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:52 am
jazzin6 wrote:For the record, Utah fans think you are all gang banging, strip bar going, dope smokin, car communting, fair weather fans, but that just might be Snoop. Plain and simple, its b-ball, Jazz got game 1, you gonna get 2?

What's wrong with that! It's called having a life! :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:00 am
tough loss but at least we know what to expect and can adjust. A few more rebounds and we win that one. Besides didnt Barron say the team was sick last night, the flu. gotta stay focused.
GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:45 pm
jazzin6 wrote:For the record, Utah fans think you are all gang banging, strip bar going, dope smokin, car communting,

Banging our FINE ASS women (compared to Utah's hicks)? Check.
Dropping dollars at strip bars? Check.
Slanging dank? Check.
Ridin dirty? Check.

Fair weather fans...? Who the **** are you? Post-Stockton/Malone Jazz crowds have been sorry! Its like when Jordan retired and, suddenly, the United Center was empty. News flash, cheif: the Oracle has been PACKED for years. The world's just starting to take notice.

There are a few crowds in this country that STAY loyal, no matter if their team wins or loses. New York, Golden State, Sacramento, to name a few. And then there are the arenas that are absolutely empty when their teams hit speed bumps (Chicago, Cleveland, Indiana, and both LA teams come to mind).

Know your sh*t before you run your mouth.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:23 pm
but seriously last night when they showed the Utah crowd I did not see 1 of the follwoing things:

An Asian Person
A Black Person
A latino Person
A Pacific Islander
A Middle Eastern Person

But I did see plenty of blonde haired blue eyed Mormons...even if there actually were people of "color" in utah they must feel too ackward to go to the game and be the only one of "those people" at the game
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:38 pm
The Jazz can beat the Warriors in so many ways :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:00 pm
Tdiddy wrote:The Jazz can beat the Warriors in so many ways :D

The Jazz got career nights out of Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams, a gift-wrapped game from the ref's, and off-nights from Baron, Jackson, and Richardson... and still only won by 4.

OH so many ways. ::lol: :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:53 pm
I found it hilarious when that fan held up "The Loudest Arena in the NBA" sign. I also have seen certain Jazz fans are hard headed, dumbfounded, and idiots. Who the hell does that Jazz fan think he is for trying to get Jackson to run his mouth? It's funny how they think every thing was a foul when a Jazz player would fall down or fall back and lose his balance.

We lost because of rebounding. We gave up too many offensive boards. If we could at least have done half the job, we would've won no doubt. Give the Warriors a break, they haven't played since last Thursday and have lost momentum heading into Game 1. Nice game though, at least the Jazz players weren't trying to start something with the Warriors unlike *ahem*Jason Terry, Mark Cuban, Austin Croshere*ahem*.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads