YES
77%
NO
23%

Total votes : 26

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:31 pm
Golden State Warriors (0-1) @ Utah Jazz (1-0)

Start time 6:00 PM PST @ The EnergySolutions Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Matt Barnes
PF - Stephen Jackson
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Utah Jazz
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Deron Williams
SG - Derek Fisher
SF - Andrei Kirilenko
PF - Carlos Boozer
C - Mehmet Okur

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.1) | C. Boozer (20.9)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.3) | C. Boozer (11.7)
APG - B. Davis (8.1) | D. Williams (9.3)
SPG - B. Davis (2.1) | A. Kirilenko (1.1)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.7) | A. Kirilenko (2.1)

Games played this season
May 7 - Utah Jazz @ Golden State Warriors (112 - 116)
Warriors leaders - B. Davis 24 PTS | J. Rich/M. Barnes 10 REB | B. Davis 7 AST
Jazz leaders - D. Williams 31 PTS | C. Boozer 20 REB | D. Williams 8 AST

Apr 9 - Utah Jazz @ Golden State Warriors (102 - 126)
Warriors leaders - S. Jackson 28 PTS | A. Harrington 10 REB | B. Davis 8 AST
Jazz leaders - R. Brewer 21 PTS | C. Boozer 11 REB | D. Brown 8 AST

Mar 20 - Golden State Warriors @ Utah Jazz (100 - 104)
Warriors leaders - A. Harrington 27 PTS | A. Biedrins 10 REB | B. Davis 6 AST
Jazz leaders - C. Boozer 25 PTS | C. Boozer 21 REB | D. Williams 17 AST

Nov 25 - Utah Jazz @ Golden State Warriors (78 - 91)
Warriors leaders - M. Barnes 12 PTS | A. Biedrins 17 REB | M. Ellis 6 AST
Jazz leaders - M. Harpring 15 PTS | C. Boozer 10 REB | D. Williams 8 AST

Nov 4 - Golden State Warriors @ Utah Jazz (82 - 106)
Warriors leaders - I. Diogu/M. Dunleavy/T. Murphy 12 PTS | A. Biedrins 12 REB | B. Davis 6 AST
Jazz leaders - M. Okur 21 PTS | C. Boozer 14 REB | D. Brown 5 AST
Last edited by krome on Tue May 08, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:34 pm
ws by 8, need to win this because it just gets more difficult to win on the road later in the series

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:25 am
it will be really interesting to see how the warriors come out now that they are trailing a series but my prediction is that:

in this game the jazz will figure out how to get the ball to boozer on the block and his dismal shooting numbers from game 1 (6-15) will see the opposite end of the aggregate... his 10 offensive rebounds tonite were a sight to see though! jazz by 12
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:10 am
Time to steal a win and come back home with home court advantage. We were close in the first game without playing great bball, so with a bit more focus on the boards, better defense over Deron and (hopefully) Monta adding something, we have a chance to tie the series.

Dubs by 4.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:49 am
Baron will likely play bogger and limit Deron more as well. Moral victory from Game 1 and better rebounding and decisions should lead to a win.

Warriors by 10

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:24 am
im interested to see how the warriors will come out now that they are trailing in a series, 1-0 isnt a big deal, but i wonder if they will come out guns blazing or nervous... hard to say cause theyve never been in the position
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:34 am
thecolony wrote:im interested to see how the warriors will come out now that they are trailing in a series, 1-0 isnt a big deal, but i wonder if they will come out guns blazing or nervous... hard to say cause theyve never been in the position

The Warriors have already won! Making the playoffs was that win and anything since then is just a ride that they are enjoying! Pressure is on the Jazz, not the the Warriors

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:20 am
Did anybody else notice that baron never even seemed to break a sweat last game, it almost as though he was playing too relaxed and not as hungry as we have seen.

I think the refs need to start calling fouls on Andre Kirafrankenstein at least 3 of those first quarter blocks were all wrist....on top of that the refs once again missed a offensive interferance call. And jackson was fouled at least 4 times on drives and nothing was called. But if we would have grabbed, say 4 more defensive rebounds we would have won damn it!!!!

I say warriors come out blazing and win by 12.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:24 am
I think all the games will be a toss-up, might be one of the better series in years. With Harrington showing up last game and Utah in a running match I'm surprised Utah won, but maybe that was off-set because AK-47 was locked and loaded. Utah adjustments: free up Boozer in the paint with double screens, step out on the dubs 3 ballers. That is about all they can do besides hope DW can continue his emergence as one of the leagues best points and Harpring as the most under-rated 6th man.
Be nice to us or we will bring democracy to your country.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:15 am
Seriously though, I can't stand another day of listening to TNT announcers. Dick Stockton "Derek Williams with the lay in". "Stephen Davis takes the three". "Harrison is looking good tonight!".....

This should be a good series, but I believe the Warriors will pull through by Game 6. I give props to the Utah Jazz in playing a great game but when the Warriors find their groove, who really can stop them?
New. Stuff.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:56 am
thecolony wrote:it will be really interesting to see how the warriors come out now that they are trailing a series but my prediction is that:

in this game the jazz will figure out how to get the ball to boozer on the block and his dismal shooting numbers from game 1 (6-15) will see the opposite end of the aggregate... his 10 offensive rebounds tonite were a sight to see though! jazz by 12

same could be said about the jazz. They could come out a bit mellow and the warriors come out energized and the dubs win. Who knows?

We have to swarm more on D like we did vs dallas. The thing that annoyed me last night was the lack of getting to Okur before he set his feet. We all know hes a great 3 pt shooter. They just have to get to him to make him think 2x about his shot. Since Utah's size is killin us down low we have to keep attacking inside and get more fouls on O. I think Baron had the right idea going straight after AK instead of trying to do something fancy.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:52 am
BT wrote:This should be a good series, but I believe the Warriors will pull through by Game 6. I give props to the Utah Jazz in playing a great game but when the Warriors find their groove, who really can stop them?

Umm, maybe Jackson's court date? How about dubs playing like they did all season when they lost half their games, losing their groove. they are a great team, best thing to happen to the playoffs in years but invincible? not so much. Jazz are far from invincible --they finished the season losing 12 of 18 games, lost their previously impressive groove. Any team playing in the West semi's right now can beat the other team on any given night, even win a championship if their groove is on.

If Jackson misses a few does that even up things since UT doesn't have Fish, who despite everything was a starter all year and locker room leader?
Be nice to us or we will bring democracy to your country.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:49 pm
Its like I've said from the beginning: THE FIRST TEAM TO WIN ON THE ROAD TAKES THE SERIES.

I, personally, don't think the Jazz can win in the Oracle. But thats just me.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:52 pm
Now that the Warriors have a better Idea on how the Jazz will play in the playoffs. I think we can adjust some things and come back as get a W.
Baron said at half time that the team was sick, with the flu, so maybe they can shake it off and come out with some energy.
Ws by 10.
and finish the series in 6.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:00 pm
I would wager the overwhelming sentiment among Ws fans is in favor of DFish starting. he is too slow to defend the Ws guards and is the master of the crash and charge or in the air turnover. That's why Mullin moved him. He is a great streak 3 point shooter, but other than that, I am happy to see him play game 2 if he does. Fisher plays, Ws by 11, Fisher doesn't play, Ws by 2.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to Game Threads