Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2007-05-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors play their style against the Jazz?

Poll ended at Tue May 08, 2007 12:48 am

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes : 29

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:48 am
Golden State Warriors (0-0) @ Utah Jazz (0-0)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The EnergySolutions Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Matt Barnes
PF - Stephen Jackson
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Utah Jazz
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Deron Williams
SG - Derek Fisher
SF - Andrei Kirilenko
PF - Carlos Boozer
C - Mehmet Okur

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.1) | C. Boozer (20-9)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.3) | C. Boozer (11.7)
APG - B. Davis (8.1) | D. Williams (9.3)
SPG - B. Davis (2.1) | A. Kirilenko (1.1)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.7) | A. Kirilenko (2.1)

Games played this season
Apr 9 - Utah Jazz @ Golden State Warriors (102 - 126)
Warriors leaders - S. Jackson 28 PTS | A. Harrington 10 REB | B. Davis 8 AST
Jazz leaders - R. Brewer 21 PTS | C. Boozer 11 REB | D. Brown 8 AST

Mar 20 - Golden State Warriors @ Utah Jazz (100 - 104)
Warriors leaders - A. Harrington 27 PTS | A. Biedrins 10 REB | B. Davis 6 AST
Jazz leaders - C. Boozer 25 PTS | C. Boozer 21 REB | D. Williams 17 AST

Nov 25 - Utah Jazz @ Golden State Warriors (78 - 91)
Warriors leaders - M. Barnes 12 PTS | A. Biedrins 17 REB | M. Ellis 6 AST
Jazz leaders - M. Harpring 15 PTS | C. Boozer 10 REB | D. Williams 8 AST

Nov 4 - Golden State Warriors @ Utah Jazz (82 - 106)
Warriors leaders - I. Diogu/M. Dunleavy/T. Murphy 12 PTS | A. Biedrins 12 REB | B. Davis 6 AST
Jazz leaders - M. Okur 21 PTS | C. Boozer 14 REB | D. Brown 5 AST
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:50 am
My most concern is rebounding against the Jazz. If the Warriors can grab boards, they will put the Jazz out of their misery.

The X-factors in this series will be Andrei Kirilenko, Al Harrington, and Monta Ellis. These guys will need to step it up in order to help their team win.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:52 am
krome wrote:My most concern is rebounding against the Jazz. If the Warriors can grab boards, they will put the Jazz out of their misery.

The X-factors in this series will be Andrei Kirilenko, Al Harrington, and Monta Ellis. These guys will need to step it up in order to help their team win.

Right on, Krome. Also, keep an eye on Milsap as an x factor. Ws should be able to take this one, but Utah is tough as nails, and Harpring always kills us.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:00 am
Ws by 7 :D

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:37 am
W's should try a starting lineup of Jackson, AB, Harrington and JR and BD to matchup with Utah big lineup! Bring Barnes and Monta off the bench for more firepower!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:09 am
coltraning wrote:
krome wrote:My most concern is rebounding against the Jazz. If the Warriors can grab boards, they will put the Jazz out of their misery.

Right on, Krome. Also, keep an eye on Milsap as an x factor. Ws should be able to take this one, but Utah is tough as nails, and Harpring always kills us.

Millsap is not an x-factor anymore. He's been the 4th best player of the Jazz through the whole season.

But yeah, I'm also concerned about rebounding. If we're able to get boards, we'll be able to run them out of the games. If not... well, let's say it's going to be tougher.

As we have to steal one in Salt Lake City, I'll say Dubs by 2 for the first game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:50 am
Tough to call, especially in Utah. The team must play their game enough and definately get the rebounds. Reckon Monta will have a good game and he will have to for the team to really have a great chance of winning.

Warriors by 5 in a very tight game

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:11 am
Honestly, the X-Factor to me is Andrei Kirelinko. If he gets going, then the Jazz have a better chance at taking this series. I have the Warriors in 6 games.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:44 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Honestly, the X-Factor to me is Andrei Kirelinko. If he gets going, then the Jazz have a better chance at taking this series. I have the Warriors in 6 games.

Without a doubt it's him. If he struggles, the team's chances are so much better

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:53 am
Warriors confidence is so high right I am predicting a Warriors sweep.
first game Ws by 10.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:21 am
hey warriors universe, great upset, I hate dallas, you guys have awesome fans and an exciting team to watch. However, in a 7 game series Jazz-ball will likely pound the stuffing out of frenetic nellie ball and leave w's gasping in the thin Utah air. W's have to sneak one in Utah to have a chance and Utah is playing great ball right now. Do w's have an answer to Boozer?
Be nice to us or we will bring democracy to your country.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:55 am
jazzin6 wrote:hey warriors universe, great upset, I hate dallas, you guys have awesome fans and an exciting team to watch.

Thank you.

jazzin6 wrote:However, in a 7 game series Jazz-ball will likely pound the stuffing out of frenetic nellie ball and leave w's gasping in the thin Utah air.

::lol: That's exactly what Dallas thought. Turns out all that talk about the 'running style not working in a 7-game series' is crap. Golden State AND Phoenix both advanced from Round 1. Thin air? Don't trip; the Warriors had no problem with the Jazz last time they played.

jazzin6 wrote: W's have to sneak one in Utah to have a chance and Utah is playing great ball right now.

I agree; whoever wins the first game on the other team's floor has the best chance. That being said... you really don't think Golden State can win in Utah? They've already done it this year.

jazzin6 wrote:Do w's have an answer to Boozer?

Actually, Biedrins will guard him well (seeing as Okur's on the perimeter), but it all hinges on how many fouls Boozer can force Andris to pick up.

Either way... do you have an answer for Baron Davis? After last series, I doubt anyone does.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:10 am
Yeah I see BD as quicker than Deron... One person I'm worried about is Millsap, if he pairs w/ Boozer they can kill us on the boards. That's the only worry point, but we did great on the boards during the first round.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:38 pm
If Davis and Barnes are both fully recovered from their hamstring injuries, then I like the Warriors to win this game. Utah just had to go through a very tough series, and it will be hard for them to get fully focused on the Ws quickly. This is the game for the Ws to steal at Utah's home court, as it gets later in the series I fear it will be much harder.

If Baron is still slowed down, then Ellis is really going to have to step up. And, as others have noted, Harrington is going to be needed this series. Hopefully he can bring some offense, but the team mostly needs his defense and rebounding, both of which were missing against Dallas. He started off OK defensively, but after struggling so much offensively I think he lost focus on the defensive end as well.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:33 pm
I think you'll see Millsap posting up with Boozer a lot this series, getting Biedrins into foul trouble and have a big edge cleaning the glass. I think Fisher has a reasonable chance of at least keeping BD honest though as everyone knows you can't just stop that guy in his tracks. Look for little used rookie Brewer to share some time on BD - he want off for 20 points on the W's a bit back and is an athletic defender. I think key for a W's victory is BD's hammy holding up, Ellis hitting his groove, Jackson not getting all head trippy and Harrington showing up. Whats up with that guy, anyway? Key for Utah (other than Booze-Dwill doing there thing) is getting Kirilenko to show like he did in game 6 against Houston. Warriors are more athletic, Jazz more disciplined. Should be a great series.
Be nice to us or we will bring democracy to your country.
Next

Return to Game Threads