Game Thread: Utah Jazz @ Warriors 2007-04-09

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounch back at home against the Jazz?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:02 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 10

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:05 pm
And it's a big win for the Warriors tonight!!!! Warriors and Clips tied for the 8th spot (although the Clips have the tiebreaker right now...)

Ws can rest for 3 days while Sacramento has to play in Memphis tomorrow, in San Antonio on Wed, and then fly home. Hopefully the Kings will tire themselves out on this road trip, and the Ws can get the result on Friday up at Sacramento.

What a fun game to watch tonight, wish I could have gone in person. Look forward to hearing from any of you guys who were at the game.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:16 pm
GREAT BLOW OUT WIN! 8th place baby! this team is just jaw-dropping when they play together. i wish i could have went to this game. what a show they put on tonight hands down :D GO WARRIORS!!!!
Warriors are BAAAALLLLIINN!

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:16 pm
warriors are in the playoffs. I think im in love

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:20 pm
Lanevooo. wrote:warriors are in the playoffs. I think im in love

Still a ways to go before we can say this. Remember, the Clips have the tiebreaker over the Ws right now, and even though we're "tied", the Clips have one less loss than we do. We need help from other teams to beat the Clips and get them to have at least 41 losses, hopefully 42 losses.

But it sure feels good to be mathematically in 8th place in the second week of April.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:58 pm
Can I get a "UNSTOPPABLE, BABY!!!" That's how you rebound from a hard fought road loss to one the NBA's elite. You blow out an NBA elite at home. SJax was "unstoppable, baby!" tonight. 28 points, 7 boards, 5 assists. The Warriors need to go undefeated the rest of the way and hope the Clips have to earn those last three division games. It's not an easy road, but let's hope faith is on our side.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:16 pm
I was there...it was beautiful. After ws went on a 29-3 run!!! in the 2nd quarter, no doubt to the game. It was a sweet win for sure...ws have 9 wins against top 6 teams in the league: we left when it was 109-79, hoping to beat the crowd, only to be surrounded by drunken As fans on the Bart. I am convinced that the more beer you drink the more entertaining baseball becomes, whereas the ws are a helluva show stone cold sober...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:55 pm
i was at the game too! i was 8 rows behind the basket! and the funny thing was that after matt harpring went down from baron davis... i kept yelling out, "matt harpring is the best 6th man of the warriors!", "keep giving us the ball matt harpring!", "go to the NBDL, your shot sucks matt harpring!" ... and he kept shooting it so many times!! i wasn't sure if he heard me but i caught a glare from him one time as i was yelling... and he kept forcing up shots. i felt that in a way... i was making a difference and that made my day! not to mention that azubuike and foyle were playing and i was cheering for them both.. lol man that was so much fun! i need to get lower level seats more often... go season tickets for next year! woo hoo! (if only the best seats weren't so expensive :T)

(sorry, just really excited from the game)

That's me :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:25 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Can I get a "UNSTOPPABLE, BABY!!!"

Unstoppable, baby

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:36 am
Quote Jerry Sloan:
"They just outhustled us all the way around," Sloan said. "They went after loose balls, and they made us turn the ball over. They were all over us defensively. I don't know if I've seen a team play as quick as they were."
:D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:24 am
Great win!! I have a feeling the Warriors are going get that 8th spot. I like the fact that they will be rested up heading into their final four games whereas the Clippers will play the 2nd of four games within five nights tonight. That is not easy during this time of the year.

The thing that impresses me most about this Warriors team in the last month has been their ferocious defense. Watching this team all year I never thought I would be praising their defense, but Nellie has this group all over the place in passing lanes, taking charges and creating havoc for the opponents.

I think the Warriors can win out and get in to the playoffs. Friday will be big on the road at Sacramento. By the time the Warriors tip off that night, the Warriors and Clippers will have the same number of games remaining. I like the Warriors chances.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:49 am
hoopitup wrote:

Still a ways to go before we can say this. Remember, the Clips have the tiebreaker over the Ws right now, and even though we're "tied", the Clips have one less loss than we do. We need help from other teams to beat the Clips and get them to have at least 41 losses, hopefully 42 losses.

But it sure feels good to be mathematically in 8th place in the second week of April.

We also have one more win...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:40 pm
~W~ wrote:
hoopitup wrote:

We also have one more win...

Yeah, but unfortunately at this time of year it's the loss column that is really important. In the loss column, the Ws are effectively 2 games behind the Clips (since the Clips have the tiebreaker right now). So, that means that the Clips need to lose 2 more games than the Ws from now to the end of the season. Even if the Ws win out, they need the Clips to lose at least two. That just puts the Ws fate in someone else's hands instead of their own.

Whereas the Clips have their fate in their own hands, no matter what the Ws do, the Clips can win 5 games out of their last 6 and know they are in the playoffs.

I think it's still 50/50 as to whether the Ws get in (but that's a lot better odds than it was a week ago when the Ws were facing the roadtrip to Houston, Memphis and San Antonio). And if the Clips lose tonight to NO, then the odds tip slightly in the Ws favor.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:37 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:Quote Jerry Sloan:
"They just outhustled us all the way around," Sloan said. "They went after loose balls, and they made us turn the ball over. They were all over us defensively. I don't know if I've seen a team play as quick as they were."
:D

he better prepare to see it ALOT
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:50 pm
BEAT THE JAZZ! :headbang: Do you believe? All I can say is... best you believe that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:02 pm
Speed is the biggest advantage the team has and they should run as often as possible. Sloan may be feeling like Avery did very soon :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads