Game Thread: Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks 2007-05-01

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

DO YOU BELIEVE?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2007 10:16 pm

YES
18
90%
NO
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20


Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:05 pm
If Kobe Bryant gets suspended for throwing his elbow, THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL J Terry gets away with TACKLING Baron Davis...

Be CONSISTENT NBA.... You fine Baron, and Jackson for clapping their hands, I EXPECT them to suspend J Terry for foul play...

Rookie
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:09 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:07 pm
jackson clapped, and he wasnt even looking at the ref!

also, did anyone else see (or was it just me) that dirk traveled like twice on one of his threes?


and, the late foul on Bdavis... those should never be called in the last minutes of a playoff game. unless jhoward falls down are something like that it def. should be a no call.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21212
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:09 pm
~W~ wrote:If Kobe Bryant gets suspended for throwing his elbow, THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL J Terry gets away with TACKLING Baron Davis...

Be CONSISTENT NBA.... You fine Baron, and Jackson for clapping their hands, I EXPECT them to suspend J Terry for foul play...



Is that what happened. This series, especially if the Warriors lose, will go down as a travesty by the referrees and the nba! The team's hierachy should do everything to shaft the nba for such garbage!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:21 am
Location: SOCAL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:10 pm
dbdavis20 wrote:also, did anyone else see (or was it just me) that dirk traveled like twice on one of his threes?


and, the late foul on Bdavis... those should never be called in the last minutes of a playoff game. unless jhoward falls down are something like that it def. should be a no call.


Yup, I was screaming at the TV on both of those...
This season is not a flop.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:14 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:
dbdavis20 wrote:also, did anyone else see (or was it just me) that dirk traveled like twice on one of his threes?


and, the late foul on Bdavis... those should never be called in the last minutes of a playoff game. unless jhoward falls down are something like that it def. should be a no call.


Yup, I was screaming at the TV on both of those...


I think Baron's foul was an anticipated call. Ref assumed that he was going to foul because they had miss and it was a foul situation. However, no excuse for Barnes not being able to get the one rebounn at the end. J RIch needs to shoot that ball!@!@!

And yes, Dirt traveled, "EVEN A CAVEMAN CAN SEE THAT!

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:18 pm
migya wrote:
~W~ wrote:If Kobe Bryant gets suspended for throwing his elbow, THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL J Terry gets away with TACKLING Baron Davis...

Be CONSISTENT NBA.... You fine Baron, and Jackson for clapping their hands, I EXPECT them to suspend J Terry for foul play...



Is that what happened. This series, especially if the Warriors lose, will go down as a travesty by the referrees and the nba! The team's hierachy should do everything to shaft the nba for such garbage!


J Terry TACKLED Baron, Baron did a little acting after the play but theres no doubt that he was body slammed to the ground. I expect a suspension!

No exucse for our awful shot selections, but the refs didn't help by ignoring calls...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: Menlo Park, California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:19 pm
J-Rich wrote:Wasn't this technical on S-Jax at the end of the game suppose to be one of the next ones to him being suspended for a game? Didn't Stern say something along the lines Why next time????

The last time we checked his technical fouls were close to being the 10th one. The 10th one being an automatic one game suspension....

Wait and see on this one! That last three by JR he had Dirk in the air and JR could have went in for a dunk! Nobody was near the JR and Dirk! He could have had a freebie!

Live and die by the 3! Very good game! Terrible end to this game!


I thought it was like on the fifteenth or something you get suspended. Definitely not on the tenth.

Role Player
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:18 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:20 pm
im pretty sure its the 16th and every 2 after that
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:22 pm
Terry should be suspended, the way the league is going, but my guess is if they suspend him they will also suspend Jackson as an even up, even though there was no way Jackson should have been thrown out of the game. That was ludicrous. Nelson gave a veiled shot at the league when he said he was fining jackson a "substantial amount, because he should know that even thow he only clapped and didn't say anything, they throw you out for that." I have to give Barkley props for calling it as the bullshit toss it was. This is just chapter 3864 in David Stern's fear of a hip-hop planet - making the NBA safe for Scottsdale, Denton and other leafy suburban enclaves.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:24 pm
I be damn if I see anyone on the MAVS clap!

Anyways, WE NEED TO GET ORACLE LOUD!!!

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:34 pm
This is BASKETBALL for god sake... in the playground if one were to walk away and clap, he would get respected for that..for not cussing out the other person and moving on. This is an EMOTIONAL game, what does the league what the players to do????

Should Baron and Sjax do a dancing with the star and lambada back to the seats. Sit down and offer each other cupcakes? and paint each others toe nails????? Ridiculous, let them play, he didnt say jack to the REF.... Let them play...

You are telling me that Sjax clapping is more deserving of getting kicked out then J Terry's antics???
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:44 pm
cladden wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Wasn't this technical on S-Jax at the end of the game suppose to be one of the next ones to him being suspended for a game? Didn't Stern say something along the lines Why next time????

The last time we checked his technical fouls were close to being the 10th one. The 10th one being an automatic one game suspension....

Wait and see on this one! That last three by JR he had Dirk in the air and JR could have went in for a dunk! Nobody was near the JR and Dirk! He could have had a freebie!

Live and die by the 3! Very good game! Terrible end to this game!


I thought it was like on the fifteenth or something you get suspended. Definitely not on the tenth.

actually it resets in the playoffs, and you need 7 to get a suspension in the playoffs.
ImageImage

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:49 pm
were the refs trying to give the game to the mavs? how dirk didn't foul JRich in the last minute of the game when he took a three still baffles me. That should've been 3 FTs.

Well. No use crying over spilled milk. Warriors will have to toss this game aside and concentrate on the one at home.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:21 am
tkono wrote:were the refs trying to give the game to the mavs?


Are you surprised about that?. I'm certainly not. They're the #1 seed, so the refs tend to favor them against their rival.

I'll be happy if the refs don't f*ck the game in our home turf. I don't want to be favored, just stay neutral.

btw, two pics that say it all about the game:


Image

Image

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:13 am
Let's hope that the W's come out with more energy than the Mav's on thurs! If they slow down Davis with their traps again then we'll be in trouble!

This is a must win for the Dubs if they lose all momentum goes to Dallas and they will be a favorite to win at home. No matter how much the W's have won there! Dallas fans will give their team the energy to pull this one out! Someone said in the best of 7 series no road opponent has won the last game away from home! That's why the W's need to put everything on the line on Thurs.

Nellie needs to replace Monta with either Barnes or Pierus in the lineup! Monta has the jitters and hasn't come up big in this series! His quickness is non effective against the Mavs as well as his jumper!
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], krome and 1 guest