YES
93%
NO
7%

Total votes : 14

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:50 pm
Dallas Mavericks (1-2) @ Golden State Warriors (2-1)

Start time 7:00 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Jason Richardson
PF - Stephen Jackson
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Dallas Mavericks
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Devin Harris
SG - Jason Terry
SF - Josh Howard
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Erick Dampier

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.1) | D. Nowitzki (24.6)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.3) | D. Nowitzki (8.9)
APG - B. Davis (8.1) | J. Terry (5.2)
SPG - B. Davis (2.1) | D. Harris (1.2)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.7) | D. Diop (1.4)

Games played this season
Apr 27 - Dallas Mavericks @ Golden State Warriors (91 - 109)
Warriors leaders - J. Richardson 30 PTS | A. Biedrins 10 REB | S. Jackson 6 AST
Mavericks leaders - J. Howard/D. Nowitzki 20 PTS | D. Nowitzki 12 REB | D. Harris/J. Terry 5 AST

Apr 25 - Golden State Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks (99 - 112)
Warriors leaders - S. Jackson 30 PTS | J. Richardson 10 REB | J. Richardson 3 AST
Mavericks leaders - J. Terry 28 PTS | J. Howard 11 REB | D. Harris 4 AST

Apr 22 - Golden State Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks (97 - 85)
Warriors leaders - B. Davis 33 PTS | B. Davis 14 REB | B. Davis 8 AST
Mavericks leaders - J. Howard 21 PTS | J. Howard 13 REB | D. Nowitzki 4 AST

Apr 17 - Dallas Mavericks @ Golden State Warriors (82 - 111)
Warriors leaders - M. Pietrus 22 PTS | M. Barnes 12 REB | M. Barnes 5 AST
Mavericks leaders - M. Ager 20 PTS | J. Barea 10 REB | J. Barea 3 AST

Mar 12 - Dallas Mavericks @ Golden State Warriors (100 - 117)
Warriors leaders - M. Pietrus 20 PTS | J. Richardson 8 REB | S. Jackson/J. Richardson/B. Davis 7 AST
Mavericks leaders - D. Harris 16 PTS | A. Croshere 13 REB | D. Harris 5 AST

Nov 6 - Golden State Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks (107 - 104)
Warriors leaders - B. Davis 26 PTS | A. Biedrins 8 REB | B. Davis 8 AST
Mavericks leaders - D. Nowitzki 26 PTS | D. Nowitzki 11 REB | D. Nowitzki/J. Terry 6 AST
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:04 am
Ws by 7 proving that dallas winning one was the fluke.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:38 am
A win will pretty much seal the series.

Warriors by 15

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:15 am
I think this game will be a lot closer. The Mavs are still a good team, even if we've been clearly better so far. Still, in front of the home crowd, the Warriors have a great chance to win it.

Dubs by 3.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:59 am
This is definitely going to be a lot closer than tonight. Dang...the arena was so freakin loud, I LOVE IT! Knowing that the Mavs are a 67-game winning team, its a fact that they aint gonna just bow to the Dubs...but sh*t, who cares, if we keep this up, Dubs got it 4-1. Playoff basketball is back in the YAY!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:06 am
Dallas will rebound from their outing in game two. But we'll still win because like they say... NOT IN OUR HOUSE! We Believe 2007 baby!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:09 am
WE HUNGRY

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:14 am
So I wonder if Nellie starts Biedrins again or goes back to Harrington. Biedrins really played well Friday, I'd like to see him in there again at the start. But keep rotating things and going really small and then go slightly bigger. And at the end of the game, if it's close, maybe even have Harrington and Biedrins on the court at the same time to secure more rebounds and stop penetration in the lane.

I expect the Sunday game to be closer (heck, how could it NOT be closer - the Ws totally demolished Dallas Friday, the game was not even as close as the score shows!), but I'm not sure that it will be that close. If the Ws can get ahead and have a 5-10 point lead in the third quarter, I actually expect Dallas to fold again. So far there has not been any leadership on the Mavs to help settle them down when they are behind. And if the Ws can hold a lead in the second half, at home, with the crowd going crazy, I don't see the Mavs hanging in down the stretch.

The Mavs could hang in there if they get ahead in the first half and take some confidence into the locker room at halftime. Hopefully the Ws defense and the crowd can keep that from happening.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:40 am
Right now, the ball is in our hands to lose i think. They used their big lineup again and got decimated because we were successful focusing our energy towards playing well and swarming their scorers. Devin harris wasn't able to penetrate and terry was not a big a factor as he was in game 2. In addition we all know what Dampier is capable of and he showed us why we let him go 5 or so years ago. Diop is a good big man, but slow, lethargic and a quick player with some finishing skill should be able to drive, score/get fouled.

We're back at home again, but look for Dallas to come back strong on our home court. It ain't over till its over. If we go at it with the same intensity level, we should be ok.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:09 am
fwiw, the Mavs are favored to win Sunday's game right now. I checked several betting sites just now, and the Mavs are favored by 4 points on the sites that I found. I expect that may change as bets start getting placed, but we'll see.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:54 am
Warriors by 15. We didn't even shoot well from the outside last night and it still looked like boys against men.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:02 pm
I feel the warriors will pull out a close one and really crush the mavs spirits...as well as charles barkleys pride!!! BTW I loved the "Barkley Sucks" chant we had going at the Arena last night it wins the cheer of the night in my book...
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:42 pm
With the tenacity of the Warriors and being that Avery Johnson is an overrated coach, this will be Warriors by 12. AJ will most likely tell the Mavericks to play with more hustle and heart, with this being said; that would force them to start running more, but which team is the best at this? The Warriors.

The crowd should be crazy. I know for a fact that the crowd played a major factor in Dallas missing free throws and not paying attention.
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:29 pm
Reckon Nelson should stick with Biedrins like he did last game where he only played 22mins but that was more than the first two games. Biedrins is the best rebounder, shotblocker and is the talest player on the team. He can also out play any Center the Mavs have and can run the court well. I'd like to see the Warriors attack Dirk more to get some fouls on him as that would put even more pressure on the Mavs. As long as the team takes it to the basket and exploits Baron's size, strength and skill advantage over the Mavs guards, the team will have the major advantage. Harrington's outside shooting ability is also a major strength because it puls the Mavs bigs away from the basket. Alot of advantages the team has and they have to keep up what they've been doing

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:21 am
If we chant Barkley sucks before the half, I wonder if he'll respond back at us with anything. I'll be yellin' it out at the game, gotta record it on my DVR to see what exactly he says if he does.
Next

Return to Game Threads