Game Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ Warriors 2007-04-27

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back in game three at home?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:31 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 19

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:53 am
ChicagoTom wrote:I was talking to a friend of mine who is a Mavericks fan and we both agreed that this game is MUCH more important to the Warriors than it is for the Mavericks.

That's true. This is the key game for the Dubs to prove they can win the series. And The Oracle will be incredible tonight, so it's all lining up perfectly to give the team a big boost. First home playoff game in 13 years, rabid fans anxiously waiting for a win, a team we have proven time after time we can beat...

I'm as confident as I've been this season... and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad sign.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:38 am
I remember watching the Nuggets sonics 1st round matchup when Dikembe and the Nuggz upset the Sonics. I really want the Warriors to do that. Of course if BD and SJax gets tossed or t'ed up or fined, it not only means that we wil lose. It really sends a bad message to ppl rooting for us that don't know our team.

Anyways i just have one last message for the team.

JUST WIN DAMMIT!
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:01 pm
I'm not sure I agree that this game is more important to the Warriors than it is to the Mavericks. I think it's equally important to both teams.

For the Ws, if they win tonight then they maintain hold on "home court advantage", and they also keep up their confidence in their ability to beat the Mavs. If they lose, but lose close, they still have their confidence that they can play with the Mavs, and they have a chance Sunday to beat the Mavs and even the series at home. Yes, they would not have "home court advantage", but they already know that they can play with (and beat) the Mavs in Dallas.

For the Mavs, if they lose tonight they get behind 2-1, and their confidence would continue to nosedive. They would have continued to show that they cannot beat the Ws in Oakland, and they make sure that this is going to be at least a 6 game series. Remember, for the Mavs, they do not see themselves as successful unless they win it all. Going 6 or 7 games in the first round really hurts a team's chances of winning it all. So the Mavs are not just playing ot win this series, they are playing to win the Championship. They need to try to close this series out as quickly as possible, and not continue to let the Ws think that they are in it.

So it's at least as important to the Mavs to win tonight as it is to the Ws.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:28 pm
Out the door headed to the game.. FUK The Mavs :!: Go Warriors :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:18 pm
JRICH is ON FIRE! we need him bad this game for all 4 quarters.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:49 pm
The Warriors are shocking the world. Don Nelson is a basketball god!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:15 pm
Nelson should pull all the main players from the game and should have over a minute ago of game time! Get O'bryant, Foyle, Azu, Zarko and Jask in

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:22 pm
A butt kicking and this sets the tone for the series! The Mavs just can't handle the Warriors and it should be 3-0 if not for bullshiit from refs! Great game by all really, including SJackson who came back in the 2nd half strong. Harrington out of the starting rotation but did well in little minutes. Biedrins out did all Mavs Centers in relatively limited time and that is great him getting a double double, good confidence booster for him. The team must be even higher than before (if possible)! They are living a fun time and can pull off perhaps the greatest upset ever (though I wouldn't be so suprised). First home playoff game in 13 years and a thrashing win! Just great!!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:29 pm
Great game. Now were back in there heads which is just as important as the win itself. :D

Got to win game 4!!!!

Trolloc

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:30 pm
migya wrote:Nelson should pull all the main players from the game and should have over a minute ago of game time! Get O'bryant, Foyle, Azu, Zarko and Jask in

Zarko is still in his suit, i saw him in the background when they cut to the cheering bench
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:37 pm
cabarkapa wrote:
migya wrote:Nelson should pull all the main players from the game and should have over a minute ago of game time! Get O'bryant, Foyle, Azu, Zarko and Jask in

Zarko is still in his suit, i saw him in the background when they cut to the cheering bench

Maybe it is his back :mrgreen:

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:06 pm
HELLL YESSSS! proving charles wrong! warriors always making my day. warriors shocking the world baby! GO WARRIORS :D
Warriors are BAAAALLLLIINN!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:06 pm
The playoffs are back! Did you hear that crowd? How many times did they give a standing ovation. How long did they stand? When was the crowd the most silent?

It was cccrrrazy. It was great seeing all that yellow in the Oracle. And to think, just a game ago, we lost our cool! Then the next game, Dallas loses theirs! Jackson and Davis stepped up their discipline, but hey who wouldn't with Stern in attendance? I think starting Beans was a smart move, small ball has been effective, but going with a different lineup tonight with a struggling Harrington coming off the bench was effective early and often. This game was over in the 2nd quarter. Magic number... TWO!!!
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:16 pm
I cannot talk right now......I have been screaming since 7:00 along with the other 20k at oracle.....this was the best sporting event i've ever been to.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:30 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did I hear "CUBAN SUCKS" chants? Or what? I heard hate chants toward something though, it was too loud to tell... not that that's a bad thing.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads