Game Thread: Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks 2007-04-25

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors take game two against the Mavericks?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:51 pm

YES
91%
NO
9%

Total votes : 22

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:44 pm
At first Jackson just kept saying "What did I say?"

But then as he was leaving he said "your a bitch". There is no way he should get suspended, but then again David Stern is a bitchmade ahole and it's no secret that the league does not want the warriors to win.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:47 pm
The warriors just played a shitty game all around I thought. They started off good, but it seemed like they started falling a step behind on defense. The warriors really haven't played well in either game, and that being said I know they can come out and blow the Mavericks off the floor in games 3 and 4. The key then will be to finish this series off in 5. The balls just didn't bounce our way tonight, as we are supposed to be the ones forcing the turnovers, not commiting 30 of them
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:52 pm
Jackson doesn't deserved to get suspended. I've seen a ton of players do what he's done. If you don't leave the floor in a timely manner, you should get fined. That's all he should receive, a fine. Baron too, but he didn't really do much to deserve anything... yet along get ejected.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:53 pm
I agree as well. The Warriors did not play their usual A game that we saw during the run to the playoffs.

Next game, we need these players:

1.) Harrington
2.) JRich (we don't want him trying to create. we want baron to do that) JRich looked like a rookie out there.
3.) Monta (nice start, but he has to find a way to exploit the bigs dumphere and diop.)
4.) BD (i say this because he tried to score all by himself and pass out of a double team in zone d which doesn't work too well)
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:04 pm
I saw this game in a pub and couldn't really hear what was going on but what did Baron get the first T for? It seemed to me like Diop was the aggressor and that Baron didn't do anything.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:11 pm
they played OK for 3 quarters, jrich needs to calm down and not have the ball slip out of his hands so often, harrington needs to show up on the offsensive end, baron and sjax repiditedly lost the ball in the lane.Baron didnt do **** to get that 2nd techinical, I've watched Jackson's clap so many times after not agreeing with a foul call and they just let it go. Pietrus is a foul machine if hes not scoring hes not doing anything to help the team. dick stockon is too old and slow to be calling an nba game he drives me crazy.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:14 pm
Stephen Jackson turned over the ball a lot when he does that crossover as he drives into the lane.

Jason Terry had a great game...Devin Harris is still a biatch...

I'm gonna be in the upper level for this playoff game but i'm so excited for it....GO WARRIORS!

BTW: did anyone listen to the announcers? they only sounded excited when the mavs do well and really downplay the warriors....

CHARLES BARKLEY NEEDS A SLAP TO REMOVE THAT STUPID GRIN OFF HIS FACE!! I didn't even want to hear what he had to say. I'd love the warriors to win the series just to hear what that a$$hole has to say.

Nobody respects the warriors or their style of play...and it shows in the media.

That's me :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:28 am
We cannot moan too much. We got one win in the first two, and now it's up to us to win the series.

I just hope the refs don't f*ck up with the way they call our home games.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:23 am
Sounds like the refs really gave it to the Mavs. Baron had an off game, Harrington had an off game, only SJackson and Monta really did well, the shooting was off (sepecially from the outside) and the Mavs big 4 (Dirk, Josh, Terry and Stack) had big games = The team loses and not by a whole lot either. The Mavs need the Warriors to beat themselves! The team has to come out with the passion they have had the last month and a half when they get home

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:29 am
I could make a number of comments about this game, but the only thing I really want to say is that I just hope the Warriors do not let this loss linger. The score really was not indicative of how the game was played. This was more along the lines of an 8-10 point loss.

Regardless, players like Baron and Stephen Jackson have to get this loss behind them and get ready for what will surely be a battle on Friday night at the Oracle. If the Warriors can win that game they will be back in control of the series and really put the fear of God into the Mavericks.

It all goes down on Friiday. The game is the key to the whole series. If the Warriors can win, there is a decent chance they can win the series. If they lose, it could be lights out as the Mavs will have the confidence needed to push the Warriors aside. However, I think the Warriors will play a great game in front of their home fans who have been waiting thirteen years for a home playoff game.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:27 am
Just like the win was only one game, this loss is only one game. Not a big deal.

The Ws came out of Dallas with exactly what they needed - a split. They need to get back to the way they can play, passing and teamwork. Way too much 1 on 1 yesterday, and too many turnovers. The fouls I'm not as upset about, as that's the way the Ws play defense - scrambling, reaching in to get the ball, etc. They are going to get their share of fouls.

Dallas is a good team, but I really am not impressed with Nowitzki. Maybe he did a lot more during the year that is not in evidence right now, but he seems to be able to only score when he has open outside shots. And Terry and Stackhouse and Howard seemed to energize the team more. Dirk has limited rebounding, doesn't play defense, and doesn't create much for others. I would definitely pick Nash as MVP over Dirk.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:46 am
too many TO's for the dubs. walks, and mental errors. come friday, the techs and ejections will add fuel to the fire to the team and home crowd.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:49 am
ronald dregan wrote:come friday, the techs and ejections will add fuel to the fire to the team and home crowd.

I don't think the home crowd needs any more fuel. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:28 am
hoopitup wrote:Just like the win was only one game, this loss is only one game. Not a big deal.

The Ws came out of Dallas with exactly what they needed - a split. They need to get back to the way they can play, passing and teamwork. Way too much 1 on 1 yesterday, and too many turnovers. The fouls I'm not as upset about, as that's the way the Ws play defense - scrambling, reaching in to get the ball, etc. They are going to get their share of fouls.

Dallas is a good team, but I really am not impressed with Nowitzki. Maybe he did a lot more during the year that is not in evidence right now, but he seems to be able to only score when he has open outside shots. And Terry and Stackhouse and Howard seemed to energize the team more. Dirk has limited rebounding, doesn't play defense, and doesn't create much for others. I would definitely pick Nash as MVP over Dirk.

well said
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Previous

Return to Game Threads