For Any Aussies on the Forum...

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:52 pm
I don't think I have to say much for any fellow Australians to understand the meaning of this post, other than...

LEST WE FORGET

Hope everyones having a nice relaxing ANZAC Day and taking time in your day to remember those brave men and women that layed down their lives for the rest of us.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:32 pm
They were put to death by the fukers that control it all like I said! Innocent people having no coice but to go and try to kill others in a fight they had nothing to do with is a disgrace

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:26 am
DUDE! WTF?!?! This post was meant as a place for any aussie to show their APPRECIATION for the people that have laid down their lives for us WILLINGLY. The most committed soldier will tell you that war is a horrible and unfortunate thing but please....can we not tarnish the memories of these great men and women and the sacrifices they made for us....its in pretty bad taste.

Again, nothing against your oppinion in particular, just don't think this was the place for it...anyways.

LEST WE FORGET
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:19 am
ANZAC day?. What's the ANZAC day? (and pardon my lack of Aussie knowledge).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:45 am
ANZAC = Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. It was started as a day to remember those Australians that went to Turkey and fought (some died) in World War 1. It has now been extended to include those that were in World War 2 as well.

I think those men that died are great, yet unfortunate men. They fought against a so called enemy but in the end, it was supposedly governments against governments, with the innocent men playing pawns

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:51 am
migya wrote:I think those men that died are great, yet unfortunate men. They fought against a so called enemy but in the end, it was supposedly governments against governments, with the innocent men playing pawns

Yep, I'm with you on this one. All wars are inherently stupid and create more problems than they solve (not that they solve anything).

In any case, the people that went there, from any country, deserve our appreciation for what they did. It wasn't their fault that it was a complete non-sense.

Return to Off-Topic Forum