Game Thread: Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks 2007-04-25

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors take game two against the Mavericks?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:51 pm

YES
91%
NO
9%

Total votes : 22

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:25 pm
I haven't seen Dallas do one thing to us that would scare me. What else can they do to beat us that they haven't tried before? It's like us trying to beat San Antonio, no matter what we do they just are a horrible matchup for us. I believe that Dallas is the same way. Hell when most of our players had an off game, in the Warrior's first playoff game, on the road and we still won by 12. I truly believe that the Mavs will be very lucky to even win one game.

yeah, but the off game argument is neatly negated by the mavs having an offgame too (35% from the field by 47% team) and the fact that Monta may well stay silent and cold the entire series, as he is young and seemed very nervous in game one. I think the Warriors will win this series, in fact I bet money on it before game one, but I don't see them sweeping. The Mavericks aren't a 67 win team for nothing, and are not pushovers. That being said, I wouldn't be shocked if the Warriors won game 2 and swept, just not what I expect
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:52 am
Thunder wrote:I don't think they'll sweep them either. It's just too hard to do that to a team with so much talent.

I like the Dallas team but just don't see "all" the talent! They had alot of talent 3 or 4 years ago with Nash, Finley, Walker, Jamison etc but now they are have Terry, Dirk, JHoward, a fair bit of Stackhouse and role players. They won alot as a team unit but they are not that talented

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:41 am
I think that, after winning the first game, we have a chance to win the series (and I was sure Dallas would win in 5, 6 at most). Winning the first one on the road would do that to your confidence.

With that said, I doubt we'll be able to win game 2. It's going to be a "live or die" game for Dallas, and we've already recovered the home court.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:57 am
Hard one. By all rights, Mavs should kick our ass tomorrow. They know what going on the road down 2-0 means. However, Sjax, Monta, Harrington and JRich all can provide a 30 point game. If that happens and BD continues his brilliance, we could take this one. On the other hand, I expect big games out of Stackhouse and Terry. Hate to be the parade rainer, but Mavs by 8. Still, in answer to the question, since the operative word is "can", not "will", yes, the ws can beat the mavs in game two.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:21 am
migya wrote:
Thunder wrote:I don't think they'll sweep them either. It's just too hard to do that to a team with so much talent.

I like the Dallas team but just don't see "all" the talent! They had alot of talent 3 or 4 years ago with Nash, Finley, Walker, Jamison etc but now they are have Terry, Dirk, JHoward, a fair bit of Stackhouse and role players. They won alot as a team unit but they are not that talented

How can you say they aren't that talented? Regadless of the games they won they are sporting 2 NBA All stars, 2 players that are very solid, Devin Harris, who as much as I dislike is pretty legit, Diop who is alright, Dampier who can man up against larger centers, and a bevy of role players. I don't think they are the most talented team in the league, but I'd say they are top 5 easy.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:01 pm
I really wasn't sure how the warriors would play in Game 1, but the fact that they came out and beat dallas in a half court game with only 3 warriors really showing up offensively (baron,barnes, sjax) makes me think that we really can whoop this team. We have seen what Dirk does under pressure, he folds, and the pressure is on him at this point....I think that in order for us to win game 2 and the series we have to run more than we did last game and get points from guys like pietrus and barnes...I know for a fact JR and Monta will come around offensively but if we could get Pietrus and barnes to produce points then LOOK OUT!!!!
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:38 pm
Been a warriors fan since 1987- sleepy floyd beat the lakers by himself in the playoffs but fell short in the series to the powerhouse lakers.. well its 20 years later and yeah dallas u might be #1 but like baron davis said we hungry..warriors win a close one in game 2 cuban starts the bill of sales for the team.. and we go home with a 2-0 lead over the mavs We Believe ...

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:38 pm
Been a warriors fan since 1987- sleepy floyd beat the lakers by himself in the playoffs but fell short in the series to the powerhouse lakers.. well its 20 years later and yeah dallas u might be #1 but like baron davis said we hungry..warriors win a close one in game 2 cuban starts the bill of sales for the team.. and we go home with a 2-0 lead over the mavs We Believe ...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:58 am
Thunder wrote:
migya wrote:

How can you say they aren't that talented? Regadless of the games they won they are sporting 2 NBA All stars, 2 players that are very solid, Devin Harris, who as much as I dislike is pretty legit, Diop who is alright, Dampier who can man up against larger centers, and a bevy of role players. I don't think they are the most talented team in the league, but I'd say they are top 5 easy.

They do have 2 allstars, one a superstar and the other an emerging star. They have 2 very good players as well (scorers at least) in Stack and Terry but that is it! Guys like diop and Dampier are role players at best. The Mavs have had much more talented teams in the last 5-6 years but this one is the best "team". Avery does derserve alot of credit

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:35 am
VERY tough game to call. I'm going to say the Ws win, but in OT and by a point. 120-119.

I'll be watching.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:36 pm
migya wrote:
Thunder wrote:
migya wrote:

They do have 2 allstars, one a superstar and the other an emerging star. They have 2 very good players as well (scorers at least) in Stack and Terry but that is it! Guys like diop and Dampier are role players at best. The Mavs have had much more talented teams in the last 5-6 years but this one is the best "team". Avery does derserve alot of credit

On paper I kinda agree with you Migya. I've never really understood why they've been doing so well. I think Avery is one of the big reasons. He's basically made them play great defense. Player by player I think the Suns and the Spurs have much better players.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:36 pm
Game time. Once again good luck Warriors...good luck forum mates.

Warriors by 7.

Trolloc

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:01 pm
great start by monta!
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:37 pm
Nelly, please leave Pietrus on the bench. He's really hurting us right now. Baron's just warming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:56 pm
maybe hes using pietrus for cannon fodder.
-John Madden
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads