YES
96%
NO
4%

Total votes : 27

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:58 pm
Baron, you SOB! He's one helluva leader. And Magic was right, the Mavs didn't have a leader out there tonight to become their coach on the court. Baron stepped up in the second half, he became the commander, the general of the Warriors. When the Mavs made a run, the Warriors had an answer of their own. Great game, let's celebrate our first playoff win in a lonnnnng time. Then get ready for game two. One game at a time. Can I get an UNSTOPPABLE, BABY!!!?

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:10 pm
Warriors took it in Game 1. Hope to see more Monta in Game 2 and our first home playoff game in 13 years, Game 3. Great game by Baron, he solidified this win. Goodluck throughout the series and hope to see us win this and much more in the playoffs.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:28 pm
huge huge huge
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:42 pm
The craziest thing to me is that they essentially won it without even playing very well. They didn't force many turnovers. Didn't run much (and when they did they didn't finish well). They basically won it with grind-it-out defense. Oh... and ofcourse Dirk CHOKED!!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:00 am
I agree with Cladden - other than BD and Barnes, no one had an A game for the Ws. I expect that Baron will come down to earth a little, but expect JR, Monta, SJax or Harrington to more than compensate next game. I got a bet in under the wire. $200 on the ws to win the series. I get $1700 if they do...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:56 am
Funny how the Mav fans have disappeared...

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:26 am
Great day to be a Warrior fan :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:10 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:Stealing a game in Dallas would give the team the advantage and the Mavs would be shocked as well, though they have lost much more than they've won against the team the last two seasons. Just don't think the Mavs have as many guns as the Warriors do

I think game 2...

I reckon Game 1 and maybe Game 2. The team is on a real high right now

I called it and I meant it!

Great win! The team must be on an even greater high (if that's possible) and as I've said, the pressure is totally on the 67 wins, 1st place Mavs to not only win this series but win the championship as well. They are vunerable and are playing the team that plays them best

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:17 am
Great team win last night. An excellent way to start the playoffs. Some observations:

1. Baron was unstoppable last night. During the 3rd quarter when Dallas seemed to be getting a hold of the game, Baron single-handedly kept the Warriors in the game and in the lead. His all around game was something to behold.

2. While he may not have had the biggest statistical game, Matt Barnes played a huge game last night. Rebounds, assists, loose balls, he seemed to be all over the place. The Warriors will need that same effort from Barnes the rest of the playoffs to be successful.

3. Monta seemed nervous. He did not seem like himself and I am chalking that up to playoff nerves. I think he will come good throughout the rest of the playoffs, but last night was not his best game. He will get better though.

4. Other than Baron the thing that impressed me the most was the Warriors defense. Quite simply, they were all over the place. Contesting shots, getting in the passing lanes and just menacing the likes of Nowitzki and Stackhouse all night long. If they play anywhere near this level of intensity on the defensive end, last night's win will not be the last win they have in this series. Dallas had no answer for the Warriors defense.

5. Excellent coaching from Nellie. He made great personnel decisions in keeping players fresh. What was interesting as well, was that the Warriors won last night despite playing at Dallas's pace. If you had asked anyone if the Warriors would win scoring less than 100 points, most experts would tell you that would have no chance. The Warriors got it done and I think they can continue to get it done.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:34 am
ChicagoTom wrote:Other than Baron the thing that impressed me the most was the Warriors defense. Quite simply, they were all over the place. Contesting shots, getting in the passing lanes and just menacing the likes of Nowitzki and Stackhouse all night long. If they play anywhere near this level of intensity on the defensive end, last night's win will not be the last win they have in this series. Dallas had no answer for the Warriors defense.

I recently watched the Warriors v Suns game from 30th March I think it was and that game showed just how much the Warriors defense has come. They played swarming, hustle, energy defense that can make them the best in team in the nba! If they can make that swarming high level defense a normal part of them, they will win a championship at least

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:17 am
JayPat wrote:Funny how the Mav fans have disappeared...

they'll ooze back in in all their festering glory if the mavs win on Wednesday. Maybe it's time for a few on this board to visit their forum and ask how they're doing. 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:37 am
First off BD was just flat out AMAZING!!!! Is there any PG (including Nash) that has played better for the past month? For that matter ANY G or a step further any player period?

He has just imposed his will into every game. Just a special player!

And as a previous poster mentioned, Matt Barnes deserves some recognition. He played a phenomenal game for us. While not everything shows up in the box score, he hit some big shots, some huge offensive rebounds, and played some great defense. He was a big factor in this win.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:29 am
baron was baron....i think the whole sequence where j-rich blocked devin '*****' harris' layup was the tale of the night.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:44 pm
What a game! What a day to be a W's fan! I've been travelling the past week and had limited access to this board, great to catch up today.

One guy I have not seen mentioned here is Jackson. I thought he was huge last night; Baron didn't have a great first half (at least scoring wise, missed several short range shots) and Jackson basically carried the team in the first half. He also played very good defense (what else is new for him, he always brings the defense)

As others have noted, the good news for the Ws is that Richardson and Ellis, and to some extent Harrington, did not play the way they can. So there is a lot of upside in how the team can play.

The obvious downside is that clearly Dallas can play a lot better. Hopefully they are so screwed up mentally now that they won't find their game anytime soon.

And it was noticeable that Dallas had limited leadership....all the talk about Nowitzki as the MVP of the league made me expect a heck of a lot more of Dirk. He disappeared for long stretches, and when he was out the Mavs actually played better! The announcers on TNT even commented on that. For my money, Nash is the MVP of the league - he wills his team to a win (like yesterday against LA), while Dirk seems to shrink under pressure. It was kind of funny to see him in the post game interviews, where he was talking about the pressure. He said the right things about how the Mavs just need to deal with the pressure, but his body lanugage was saying that he was overwhelmed and not very confident right now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:49 pm
I've just came back home and am downloading the game right now. I promise I won't miss any other game during our playoff trip. Seriously. Can't wait for game 2.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads