Who wants Paul Pierce?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

If you were Mullin would you pull the trigger?

yes
64%
no
36%

Total votes : 14

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:49 am
He's on the trading block and the signing of Gerald Green tells how desperate the Celtics are to get rid of him. I was matching contracts and we can offer Foyle and Dunleavy. Obviously we'd have to offer to pay for some of Foyles' contract and throw in a future 1st round pick in but when you consider what our starting 5 would look like: Davis, J-Rich, Pierce, Murphy, and Biedrins it would be well worth it. We would draw a mismatch virtually every game with 3 players capable of dropping 40 on you any given night. Pierce would provide great defense, great perimeter shooting, and get to the line nearly 10 times per game, all things that Dunleavy lacks. This trade would make us serious contenders, all Mullin has to do is pull the trigger.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:01 am
G-Dub, I love this trade. Get on the phone with the right people and pull the trigger.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:22 am
Paul would be nice, given that he and B. Davis are best buds. but I think he would demand the ball to much, and hamper some of this young teams talent. He is a very selfish, although talented, player.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:06 pm
hell f*** yes pull this trade off if possible. but i'm thinking boston's not that dumb. i like dunleavy, but even the biggest dunleavy fans can't think that he (and foyle) are worth more than pierce.

true, pierce is used to being the alpha, but who knows, with our backcourt, maybe he'll be more of a team player. who knows, it could all be just media hyping him up as a badboy. i mean, pierce was ecstatic for the team when he found out that 'twoine was coming back to town, and everyone knows how he just randomly jacks up threes and throws some possessions away.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:50 pm
We should have traded down in the draft where we had picked Vince Carter and taken Paul Pierce.

If we can get him now, let's do it.

Dumbwitty needs to go.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:28 pm
Makes sense on paper - but Pierce is a ball hog, has a bad attitude according to Boston mgmnt, and has a tendencey to not step up in the playoffs. If he embraced his role as a second or third option its a great deal. But I think that Celtics would want either Bdavis or JRich because they'd be losing star power. Anyone willing to trade them? So, I doubt the Celtics would trade him anyway.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:59 pm
If at all possible then we should go for it. Paul Pierce is one of the top 10 players in the league IMHO.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:09 pm
Pierce and Baron Davis both came from LA, bet they would love to play with each other.
Mickeal Pietrus is the future.
¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ ¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤

Return to Warriors Basketball