Joe Johnson (trade)

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:18 am
Looks like that trade for Joe Johnson to the Hawks is looking good for the Suns right now! With Phoenix being capped out. They are probably looking to trading probably Marion in the offseason.

With the Grizzlies and Celtics probably drafting in the 1 and 2 spots. They would love to trade their pick for Marion and their lottery pick!

A starting lineup of either Oden or Durrant, Nash, Stoudaire, Bell, Diaw would make that team to beat for the next decade! Just Stoudaire and Oden alone that's a scary thought!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:21 am
Doubt this completely and since Marion gets such a high salary, you need to add in one or more players, along with either Oden or Durrant to make it work

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:32 pm
There is NO way any team that picks up either Durant or Oden makes a trade. Just won't happen...and certainly not for Marion. Very good player...but both Durant and Oden will be better and more valuable to their teams.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:09 am
You're ****ing crazy!!! Marion is a proven All-Star and the Suns fans have said that he is probably the MVP on the team!

Marion and the 4th pick is turnout to be a better pick than Durrant! I don't think Durrant will have as big as impact as Marion! He's abit overrated! The things he did in college! Won't translate to success in the NBA! Durrant won't be a better player than Marion!!! Mark my words!

Oden he'll have an impact in about 2 or 3 yrs! He's style and body shape is alot like David Robinson!
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:45 am
Call me f*cking crazy all you want...we'll just have to wait till next season to see what kind of potential both Oden and Durant really have. That said...I still think you're overstating Marions worth somewhat. An All-star...for sure, MVP of his team? close maybe, but no. Marion has a fantastic all round game, can play both ends of the floor and is a proven performer...but then again, he's not exactly consistent. Anyone that throws away either Durant or Oden should be shot...they're at the begginning of their careers...careers that from all accounts are going to be long and successful. But hey, thats just my opinion...so it doesn't mean ****, much like yours.

Cheers you crazy f*ck
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:01 am
Don't get worked up breezer, J-Rich always stirs things by saying contraversial things. Marion is a great role player! He is not really a creator by himslef, though he can a bit. He is a great defender, scorer and just one of the most multitalented players there is. He has always had very good PGs to create for him (Kidd, Marbury and now Nash). Either Durant or Oden is worth more in the long run (probably as soon as 3 years) as they are able to be focal points for a team. If the Suns get the 4th pick or thereabouts from the hawks, trading Marion and that pick might be worth either Oden or Durant but that depends on the teams that get both of those players. The Celts need Oden and not so much durant as they have Jefferson at PF, Pierce at SG/SF and Green at SG/SF. The Grizz need Oden as well so Gasol can possibly stay and go back to PF. They already have Warrick and Gay that are SF and PF respectively, though not superstar types like durant. I doubt the Suns want to change things as they work so well right now and the high lottery pick they will get will add something real good also

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:02 pm
You're ****ing crazy!!! Marion is a proven All-Star and the Suns fans have said that he is probably the MVP on the team!

Marion is the third best player on his team and Suns fans actually think he's worse than non-suns fans do. Definitely not the MVP of the team.

Marion and the 4th pick is turnout to be a better pick than Durrant! I don't think Durrant will have as big as impact as Marion! He's abit overrated! The things he did in college! Won't translate to success in the NBA! Durrant won't be a better player than Marion!!! Mark my words!

Dude, Durant is the greatest college freshman of all time, and his potential is unlimited, whereas Marion is a fringe allstar. And if Marion+4th is better than durant then why would the suns make the trade?
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:29 pm
Do note that Marion is never present when the Suns need him in the playoffs, particulary in either the semifinals or conference finals.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:07 pm
Also, we've been hearing rumors of Marion getting traded for the last three offseasons... that doesn't sound like an MVP to me.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:01 pm
J-Rich wrote:Oden he'll have an impact in about 2 or 3 yrs! He's style and body shape is alot like David Robinson!

And you'd trade a David Robinson kind of guy for Shawn Marion and a pick...? :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:34 pm
Anyways Suns own the 4th pick they have a good chance to land in the top 2 picks with their amount of ping pong balls!

I won't be surprise to see them land in that position!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:51 am
J-Rich wrote:Anyways Suns own the 4th pick they have a good chance to land in the top 2 picks with their amount of ping pong balls!

Nope. That pick is top 3 protected. Atlanta would keep it in that case.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:41 am
TMC wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Anyways Suns own the 4th pick they have a good chance to land in the top 2 picks with their amount of ping pong balls!

Nope. That pick is top 3 protected. Atlanta would keep it in that case.

Exactly. And nobody's giving up a chance at Oden or Durant.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:40 am
Durant and Oden will go 1-2. No in that precise order though of course, but they'll be gone by the third pick.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:31 am
Phoenix better hope that the Hawks don't get a top 3 pick then :wink:
Imagine the Suns with another stud young player! They will get even better and should use a deeper rotation going 9 deep

Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum