Game Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ Warriors 2007-04-17

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors end their playoff drought against Dallas?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:13 pm

YES
94%
NO
6%

Total votes : 16

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:50 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:Damn, I am leaving the country from Tuesday-Saturday, so will have to rely on espn and this board for the 411. I fully believe that when I return the Ws will be getting ready for their first game against the Mavs in the playoffs and Migya will have purchased me a gift certificate at BevMo, which I will happily redeem for a delicious bottle of:

You deserve your bottle, man. :headbang:

I hope that everybody that's going to the game has a good time... and show the Mavs what's waiting for them in the first round!!!.

Thanks. bro...it's a fascinating question for Avery. Go all out and risk being swept by the team you will likely face in the first round, or rest Dirk, Howard and Terry, so you have plausible deniability and avoid a disastrous injury.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:48 pm
ITS ON! This is it baby las ttwo games of the season. I get chills just thinking about the p... I cant say it dont wanna jinx it.

Lets go warriors
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:18 pm
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:Damn, I am leaving the country from Tuesday-Saturday, so will have to rely on espn and this board for the 411. I fully believe that when I return the Ws will be getting ready for their first game against the Mavs in the playoffs and Migya will have purchased me a gift certificate at BevMo, which I will happily redeem for a delicious bottle of:

You deserve your bottle, man. :headbang:

I hope that everybody that's going to the game has a good time... and show the Mavs what's waiting for them in the first round!!!.

Thanks. bro...it's a fascinating question for Avery. Go all out and risk being swept by the team you will likely face in the first round, or rest Dirk, Howard and Terry, so you have plausible deniability and avoid a disastrous injury.

Oh snap colt, your bottle disappeared! :shock: :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:21 pm
32 wrote:
BT wrote:
32 wrote:I think the NBA is so damn funny...

Besides scoring, the Warriors' individual leader beats out the Mavericks' in every statistical category (blocks, rebounds, assists, steals)... yet, they're a 66-win team right now and we're a 40-win team. And I've noticed this sort of thing all year; where a Warrior player leads most categories against their counterparts, yet the other team usually has a better record.

Kinda strange.

Actually, it's completly reasonable. You forgot to look at the opposing team statistics. The Warriors give up the highest opposing points in the league (107) whereas Dallas gives up only 92. Warriors allow opposing teams to put up 25 assists whereas Dallas only allows 17. Rebounding? W: 47, M: 38. And same goes with all FG%, 3PT%, TO, BLKS & STLS.

It's just that Dallas matches up horrible with the Golden State Warriors.

Oh, I was purely talking about individual statistics (not team stat's). Baron (our leader in APG) averages more dimes a night than Jason Terry (their leader in APG)... and the same is true for our leaders in steals, blocks, and rebounds.

One could claim that a balanced team often is better than a team where some superstar grabs all the rebounds, dishes out all the assists scores all the points etc.

If Nash and Dirk sat out I'd bet on Dallas anyday. Then again, a couple of Jordan teams kinda worked this way in terms of scoring.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:56 pm
Man, Avery conceded the game. Barring an utter and bizarro meltdown, the ws win this one. Now I am checking on the espn gamecast to see if Phoenix can seal the deal. 74-71 Suns, end of 3...

ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:39 pm
Damn the clips won. now we gotta finish this one off and pray we win at portland tomorrow, nothing is gonna be given to this team, they are going to have to earn every little bit.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:56 pm
Dubs4life wrote:Damn the clips won. now we gotta finish this one off and pray we win at portland tomorrow, nothing is gonna be given to this team, they are going to have to earn every little bit.

roy aint playing tomarrow because of sore knees, i saw it on rotoworld. so were in...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:08 pm
C'mon! Put me on TV!!! :protest:

=D> One more game. DAMN STRAIGHT AL! Anyway, great win, it was over after the couple minutes into the first. Playoffs? Is it finally here?!?! :dontknow: Well, gotta say it...

UNSTOPPABLE, BABY!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:48 pm
Another solid win tonight.....too bad they couldn't clinch tonight at home, but as has been said, the Ws will have to earn it themselves. The team seems very focused, I don't expect them to falter tomorrow night, but I sure will be nervous for the next 24 hours!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:43 am
The job was done, on to the last game!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:22 am
IT'S GOING DOWN :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:08 am
Quote from Clipperstalk.net. hahahahahaha

"Great win. The Clips showed some fight but we got no help from Avery Johnson. He must want Nellie to get into the playoffs. That jerk."
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:47 pm
Avery Johnson doesn't get any love from me, either... but for a different reason.

Unlike every bitching shemale in LA, I don't believe there was any sort of "conspiracy between Nelly and Avery to get Golden State into the playoffs". Teams who clinch first place often rest their players on the road. You see it in every sport. Dallas doesn't want a freak accident to befall Dirk, Howard, or Stack before the playoffs. They've got this season in the bag. There's no reason to start wailing about it because you got the short end of the stick, Clippers fans. Quit your bitching and moaning already.

On the contrary, I think it was a ball-less move by Avery spawned by the fact that Dallas had a no-win situation. I'll explain what I mean: As the #1 team in the league, a win against the likes of Golden State is expected. Dallas has 66 wins, Golden State has 41. The Mavericks, by anybody's standards, are supposed to molly-whomp on the Warriors everytime they meet. However, for reasons unknown, the Warriors have some unexplainable ownage on Dallas as of late, so the game seemed more evenly matched. Therefore, from Dallas' point of view, the game had two outcomes: win expectedly and get no props from anyone for it... or lose the game and start everyone talking about a Warriors upset in the first round of the playoffs (and possibly spook your team... something Avery, with the famous choker Dirk Nowitski on his roster, doesn't wanna do).

Therefore, rather than swallowing it and going into the bad situation Dallas had ahead of them, Avery waved the white flag and gave the Warriors a win. It's pathetic, to me. I don't mind the W, but Avery's coaching tactics aren't impressing me at all.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:47 pm
32 wrote:Avery Johnson doesn't get any love from me, either... but for a different reason.

Unlike every bitching shemale in LA, I don't believe there was any sort of "conspiracy between Nelly and Avery to get Golden State into the playoffs". Teams who clinch first place often rest their players on the road. You see it in every sport. Dallas doesn't want a freak accident to befall Dirk, Howard, or Stack before the playoffs. They've got this season in the bag. There's no reason to start wailing about it because you got the short end of the stick, Clippers fans. Quit your bitching and moaning already.

On the contrary, I think it was a ball-less move by Avery spawned by the fact that Dallas had a no-win situation. I'll explain what I mean: As the #1 team in the league, a win against the likes of Golden State is expected. Dallas has 66 wins, Golden State has 41. The Mavericks, by anybody's standards, are supposed to molly-whomp on the Warriors everytime they meet. However, for reasons unknown, the Warriors have some unexplainable ownage on Dallas as of late, so the game seemed more evenly matched. Therefore, from Dallas' point of view, the game had two outcomes: win expectedly and get no props from anyone for it... or lose the game and start everyone talking about a Warriors upset in the first round of the playoffs (and possibly spook your team... something Avery, with the famous choker Dirk Nowitski on his roster, doesn't wanna do).

Therefore, rather than swallowing it and going into the bad situation Dallas had ahead of them, Avery waved the white flag and gave the Warriors a win. It's pathetic, to me. I don't mind the W, but Avery's coaching tactics aren't impressing me at all.

I agree with your analysis of his motivation, but to me, that makes him a smart coach. They go all out and lose, the Ws are in their heads like a motherf**ker, and this way it is all dismissed as Mavs mailing it in, etc...it is a very smart move by one of the best coaches in the league.

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:53 am
coltraning wrote:I agree with your analysis of his motivation, but to me, that makes him a smart coach. They go all out and lose, the Ws are in their heads like a motherf**ker, and this way it is all dismissed as Mavs mailing it in, etc...it is a very smart move by one of the best coaches in the league.

They got their arses spanked the other two times they played the team this season, the last time in oakland especially

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads