Game Thread: Utah Jazz @ Warriors 2007-04-09

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounch back at home against the Jazz?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:02 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 10

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:02 am
Utah Jazz (48-28) @ Golden State Warriors (37-40)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Jason Richardson
PF - Stephen Jackson
C - Al Harrington

Probable starters for the Utah Jazz
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Deron Williams
SG - Derek Fisher
SF - Ronnie Brewer
PF - Carlos Boozer
C - Mehmet Okur

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.4) | C. Boozer (21.1)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.6) | C. Boozer (11.8)
APG - B. Davis (8.2) | D. Williams (9.5)
SPG - B. Davis (2.1) | A. Kirilenko (1.1)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.7) | A. Kirilenko (2.0)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:14 am
Got to go with the team on this one. The Jazz are very good but the team owes them one and since the Jazz don't have AK to anchor their defense, hard to see them stop the Warriors scoring. Be good if Biedrins is healthy enough to play a fair few minutes because he could score some this game. This really has to be a win, yes the Clippers could lose at least 3 of their next 4 games but the team also goes on the road where they are not as good usually so got to hold home court.

Also Krome, why don't you take part in other threads? You do a great job with these game threads but you don't participate in any other

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:39 am
Beans has a sore sprained ankle. So I don't know how much playing he'll be getting. Expect a showdown, the Warriors absolutely need this win and the Jazz are still jocking for position against Houston. I'm not going to say this is a must win, but this will be one for the taking.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:46 am
MUST WIN GAME! 5 more games left and the warriors have to win at least 4. Warriors by double digets...

hopefully the warriors do sum fancy stuff cos im workin on my warriors 06/07 mix 8)
PWN3D!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:00 am
I've been out all week... and seems we're running out of chances to make the playoffs. We better win this one and the Clips lose a few or we're done.

Dubs by 6.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:38 pm
I saw them spank the jazz in november and am going again tomorrow, and believe this ws team, far better than the november squad, will take care of biz again - ws by 11
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:58 am
im sitting closer than i ever have! (8 rows behind the basket lol). i'm gonna make a sign or something for this game :D

That's me :D
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:52 am
Key game here. Not necessarily a 'must win,' but very important to the playoff run.

Jazz are not playing well right now. Whether its AK gone, wear-down at the end of the year, or whatever, they have lost at least the last two, including dropping to the Kings; during that game they showed NO abilityt o stop John Salmons, a slasher type forward much like Al. Watch for him to have a good game.

No Biedrins will make defending both Boozer and Okur fairly difficult. Barnes extended minutes, with Foyle getting some time too, if Biedrins can't play (would be his first game out this season). Also, lots of zone D tonight.

Finally, while I like the Jazz' game, I think they are one piece out of real contention. They need a floor leader. Boozer has the emotion, Deron has the vision, but they need heart out there. W's desire focused through BD and JRich pull the win. W's by 10.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:46 pm
GOTTA GET IT - GOT GOT TA GET IT...
W's by 8

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:33 pm
Warriors will win! However, Mavs will lose to the Clippers because they are scared of the W's being in the playoffs.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:54 pm
genghis wrote:Warriors will win! However, Mavs will lose to the Clippers because they are scared of the W's being in the playoffs.

mavs clinch home court if they win tonight, and then they can rest their players til the playoffs, so they will win.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:14 pm
Huge night tonight.....Ws gotta get the win over Utah. And hopefully Dallas will take care of business over the Clips. Mavs winning by 3 at the end of the first quarter. Howard started for Dallas, so that's a good sign for us.

I like the Ws chances tonight, after a very good roadtrip, I definitely expect them to bring their energy and take the game to Utah. Can't wait!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:02 pm
Mavs took care of the clips in teh 4th. Now the Warriors just need to follow through and complete the night with a win!

Lets reel the clips back in!
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:36 pm
tkono wrote:Mavs took care of the clips in teh 4th. Now the Warriors just need to follow through and complete the night with a win!

Lets reel the clips back in!

30 point lead with 9 minutes left.......the fat lady is warming up her vocal chords......they just said on TV that Utah has not been down 30 points to anyone all season!!!

Go Ws!!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 pm
Great butt spanking by the team! Just shows how important Kirilenko is to Utah's defense as they have been rotten without him (also with him lately). Now even with the Clips and looking like playoffs! SJackson kicked arse, as well as the other starters, Monta and Barnes. On to the next game

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Game Threads