Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonio Spurs 2007-04-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors lose 19 straight in San Antonio?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:44 pm

YES
13%
NO
88%

Total votes : 8

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:41 pm
You could not expect a win, but you could expect a team effort. They did their best, that's all we can ask for. A back-to-back against the Spurs is real tough, but they wouldn't back down. Overall, great team effort, but the Spurs had that championship finish on them tonight. Go Clips or Nuggets!!!??? AI may not play tonight.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:49 pm
great effort on the back end of a road back to back against the best all around team in the league. They had a shot, but Duncan had other ideas. I see only Dallas and Suns as having a credible chance against the spurs. If the spurs have any Achilles heel it is that they don't do well in an uptempo game or coming from behind. They play the most fundamentally sound bball in the game. It ain't pretty but damn, is it effective.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:00 pm
coltraning wrote:great effort on the back end of a road back to back against the best all around team in the league. They had a shot, but Duncan had other ideas. I see only Dallas and Suns as having a credible chance against the spurs. If the spurs have any Achilles heel it is that they don't do well in an uptempo game or coming from behind. They play the most fundamentally sound bball in the game. It ain't pretty but damn, is it effective.

Duncan always has other ideas when it comes to his team losing :wink:

The Spurs have always been the team to beat! They do it all well and use veterans the way they should be used. They are agian my pick to win it all

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:49 am
Well the Warriors kept fighting to the end, despite the fatigue. You could see it... the fatigue fouls, their legs weren't moving as well as before... they were tired. They had it in the 4th, they just didn't have enough gas to do it. Usually, this team would've just self-destructed in the 4th and let the team run away with it early. But they never let down, and they pushed themselves even though they were cramping up. You can only push yourself so much.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:45 am
If there is ever a moral victory in a loss I think it came tonight. This is a game that the old Warriors would have lost by 35 and not have a chance. If it wasn't for playing on a back to back and having tired legs I think we could have pulled this one out. You could tell that fatigue was setting in when we started missing our shots in the 3rd quarter. Hopefully this game will carry over into the Utah game on Monday. By far the biggest game of the season IMO! Let's GO WARRIORS, we can do this!
Previous

Return to Game Threads