Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonio Spurs 2007-04-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors lose 19 straight in San Antonio?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:44 pm

YES
13%
NO
88%

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:44 pm
Golden State Warriors (37-39) @ San Antonio Spurs (54-21)

Start time 5:00 PM PST @ The AT&T Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Jason Richardson
PF - Stephen Jackson
C - Al Harrington

Probable starters for the San Antonio Spurs
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Tony Parker
SG - Michael Finley
SF - Bruce Bowen
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Francisco Elson

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.2) | T. Duncan (20.0)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.7) | T. Duncan (10.6)
APG - B. Davis (8.2) | T. Parker (5.5)
SPG - B. Davis (2.1) | M. Ginobili (1.5)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.7) | T. Duncan (2.3)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:47 pm
Spurs are mighty but the team has beaten them once already this season. If the game is close for the first 2 1/2 quarters, go with all they've got but if not, rest Baron, JRich and most of the other main guys and look to the next game.

Spurs by 8 in a tight game

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:47 pm
This game worries me as the Spurs frontline will dominate on the boards all night...especially if Nelson puts Al Harrington at center.

Lets hope the Warriors have enough left to pull a victory out of San Antonio.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:09 pm
Yeah - I think this is the toughest matchup for the Ws left on their schedule. Really don't expect them to win, just hope that they can keep it close to continue to build their confidence and keep momentum, to bring it back home for the game against Utah.

Kind of a "win-win" situation. If they play close, then they build confidence that they can play with anyone. If they lose big, then some of the guys can get some rest and be fresher for the Utah game.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:53 pm
warriors are going to come out and play there best game of the season tomorrow. Warriors are hungry and really want that 8th seed! We have won 4 straight and no one is gonna stop us! not even the spurs!
PWN3D!

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:31 pm
Warriors will pull this one out by 4! They are due to beat SA!

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:51 pm
i hope we do too =) go warriors! yayayaya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:53 pm
Whoa whoa wee, king of the castle, king of the castle. Hopefully I can say that tomorrow. But this is the game everyone is predicting to be the only loss during these last 6 games really so I can't expect a W. But I do expect a fight after being embarrassed and blown out of their own house last week! The Warriors will show retribution... but will they get the W? Let's hope.

Fun stat... the Warriors have split four road games with all three Texas teams, while the rest of the NBA has gone 22-84 in that state. We're 3-0 against the Mavs. 1-2 against the Spurs. 2-1 against the Rockets.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:15 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Whoa whoa wee, king of the castle, king of the castle. Hopefully I can say that tomorrow. But this is the game everyone is predicting to be the only loss during these last 6 games really so I can't expect a W. But I do expect a fight after being embarrassed and blown out of their own house last week! The Warriors will show retribution... but will they get the W? Let's hope.

Fun stat... the Warriors have split four road games with all three Texas teams, while the rest of the NBA has gone 22-84 in that state. We're 3-0 against the Mavs. 1-2 against the Spurs. 2-1 against the Rockets.

small ball must work wonders in a big state like texas :-o

That's me :D
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 am
Watch for the Spurs to match the 'smallish' ball, moving Duncan to center and putting Manu out on the floor. Its going to be a nasty ballgame, especially is the W's stay close. Spurs play dirty, after all.

If they put Findly on BD, he could be more limited than he has been lately. FRonting Duncan will be less effective than with Yao, as Duncan can pass out. Ellis will be harrassed by PArker (ineffective) and Manu (effective). Still, I see a close game.

Spurs by 4; 98-94.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:01 am
If the ws win it will be the most shocking win of the year...maybe, just maybe, they can sneak by, but hard to see them catching the spurs napping.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:16 am
coltraning wrote:If the ws win it will be the most shocking win of the year...maybe, just maybe, they can sneak by, but hard to see them catching the spurs napping.

I would tend to agree. And unfortunately, with the Spurs beating Phoenix, they now have a shot at catching Phoenix for the #2 seed, so they should be motivated to play. All bad news for the Ws. But, let's see what happens!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:38 pm
Got to be the highest scoring 1st quarter for the Spurs this season! Still ony a 9 point lead

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:30 pm
Good effort! Shooting was quite disgraceful and just too many threes again, though the Spurs took a fair share of their own. Beaten on rebounding by quite a bit. Is Biedrins injured or just didn't get the minutes?

This was the game the team was expected to lose and they put up a fight. On to the next game

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:33 pm
Really good effort by the Ws, too bad Pietrus, Biedrins and Barnes couldn't contribute much tonight. Biedrins sprained his ankle last night, so he probably was a little off tonight.

Now on to root for the Nuggets to beat up on the Clips. Cmon Denver....
Next

Return to Game Threads