Game Thread: Warriors @ Houston Rockets 2007-04-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors pull out a victory in Houston?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:33 pm

YES
88%
NO
13%

Total votes : 16

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:19 pm
migya wrote:
migya wrote:Definately comes down to not giving open shots, especially threes, to guys like Battier, Alston and Head (if he is playing) because that is all those three do and they do it well! The team has to play some sort of defense or they have no chance. Baron playing alot of minutes would be great but likely won't happen so it will have to be the big 5 that can play for the team that take on the HUGE 2 of the Rockets.

I got it right with the Rockets outside guns but with TMac out, a great win for the team! What a performance! JRich came alive in the 2nd half and he is showing that he STILL is a special player that is a star. Baron did it all early. Great team effort and this win makes it alot easier!

migya wrote:
Rockets by 8
The Warriors won you were wrong :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:00 pm
coltraning wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:Fantastic and surprising win for the Warriors last night. A great team effort for sure. Baron was solid, Monta was good, Stephen Jackson made some big shots and Jason Richardson was outstanding.

Unfortunately, both the Clippers and Nuggets won last night. It would have been nice if the Clips would have lost to the Lakers, but it was not to be.

Seven games to go for the Warriors. The way things are going for the Clippers, the Warriors might need to win six of those to get in. That is a tough task, but it is possible.

I'm beginning to be with you on this, Chi-Tom. All along I thought 41-41 would guarantee a berth, but the way the clippers are playing, the ws probably have to go 6-1 and finish 42-40. If ANYONE on this board had said 10 games ago the Ws were going to go 7-3 and beat the Suns and Rockets and lose a game in the standings to the clippers, they would have cleaned up on a bet, but that is exactly what has happened. I can squint my eyes and see the ws going 5-2 the rest of the way, but 6-1? Man...to do that, they can afford a loss to the Spurs in SA and that is it...bizarre, but I could win that bottle from Migya and the ws could miss the playoffs.

Doesn't that make the bet null and void? :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:20 pm
Wanted to put in a little props to Matt Barnes. Coming off the bench, he didn;t have much of a stat line, but he put in good minutes against Yao. In what was surely his first time playing center in the NBA, Barnes fronted the Big Man well, and got a couple of steals.

Nice one, Barnes, hope you stay a while.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:41 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:
migya wrote:
migya wrote:Definately comes down to not giving open shots, especially threes, to guys like Battier, Alston and Head (if he is playing) because that is all those three do and they do it well! The team has to play some sort of defense or they have no chance. Baron playing alot of minutes would be great but likely won't happen so it will have to be the big 5 that can play for the team that take on the HUGE 2 of the Rockets.

I got it right with the Rockets outside guns but with TMac out, a great win for the team! What a performance! JRich came alive in the 2nd half and he is showing that he STILL is a special player that is a star. Baron did it all early. Great team effort and this win makes it alot easier!

migya wrote:
Rockets by 8

Not shiit, want a teddy bear for your intelligence :mrgreen: You've been wrong about many things, like dunnyboy becoming an integral part of the team for years to come but you don't see me jump up and down calling you out on it :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:43 pm
drazz wrote:Wanted to put in a little props to Matt Barnes. Coming off the bench, he didn;t have much of a stat line, but he put in good minutes against Yao. In what was surely his first time playing center in the NBA, Barnes fronted the Big Man well, and got a couple of steals.

Nice one, Barnes, hope you stay a while.

Matt Barnes is one of the most underrated players on the team. He was great at the start of the season and was a major factor in quite a few games that the team barely won. He is multitalented and should be kept

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:58 pm
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:Fantastic and surprising win for the Warriors last night. A great team effort for sure. Baron was solid, Monta was good, Stephen Jackson made some big shots and Jason Richardson was outstanding.

Unfortunately, both the Clippers and Nuggets won last night. It would have been nice if the Clips would have lost to the Lakers, but it was not to be.

Seven games to go for the Warriors. The way things are going for the Clippers, the Warriors might need to win six of those to get in. That is a tough task, but it is possible.

I'm beginning to be with you on this, Chi-Tom. All along I thought 41-41 would guarantee a berth, but the way the clippers are playing, the ws probably have to go 6-1 and finish 42-40. If ANYONE on this board had said 10 games ago the Ws were going to go 7-3 and beat the Suns and Rockets and lose a game in the standings to the clippers, they would have cleaned up on a bet, but that is exactly what has happened. I can squint my eyes and see the ws going 5-2 the rest of the way, but 6-1? Man...to do that, they can afford a loss to the Spurs in SA and that is it...bizarre, but I could win that bottle from Migya and the ws could miss the playoffs.

nah, the bet was you said the ws were more likely to go 4-16 than 14-6 in last 20 and the wager was on. It would be bitter grey goose, but I would still drink it 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:23 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:

nah, the bet was you said the ws were more likely to go 4-16 than 14-6 in last 20 and the wager was on. It would be bitter grey goose, but I would still drink it 8)

:mrgreen:

I was just kidding. If the team pulls off 14-6 in the last 20, you certainly deserve your bottle

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:18 am
migya wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:
migya wrote:

migya wrote:
Rockets by 8

Not shiit, want a teddy bear for your intelligence :mrgreen: You've been wrong about many things, like dunnyboy becoming an integral part of the team for years to come but you don't see me jump up and down calling you out on it :wink:
That's because I haven't been wrong much unlike your daily dud's :mrgreen: By the way a gallon of goose should already be on it's way to colt 4 you calling for a tank & predicting a 6-14 record, currently the Warriors are 9-4 & building a bright future like I said all along Mullin would do :wink:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:31 am
O.G. Broe wrote:
migya wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:
migya wrote:

migya wrote:
Rockets by 8

That's because I haven't been wrong much unlike your daily dud's :mrgreen: By the way a gallon of goose should already be on it's way to colt 4 you calling for a tank & predicting a 6-14 record, currently the Warriors are 9-4 & building a bright future like I said all along Mullin would do :wink:

Not swaying one way or the other means you aren't right either :wink: I, as many of the rest on here, have an opinion and not a borglike, empty narrow mind :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:21 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:

:mrgreen:

I was just kidding. If the team pulls off 14-6 in the last 20, you certainly deserve your bottle

thanks, mate...honestly, am happy to give up the bottle if ws win, but even the bottle-winning season may not get it done. I do see 4 potential games in a row that the clips could lose. Denver, at Dallas, at NOK, Lakers, so here's hoping :?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Previous

Return to Game Threads