Game Thread: Warriors @ Houston Rockets 2007-04-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors pull out a victory in Houston?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:33 pm

YES
88%
NO
13%

Total votes : 16

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:09 pm
Biedrins has had stat lines like that all year.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:09 pm
Warriors by 4.

It'll be pretty much even by the half, 3rd quarter. Warriors will take a double digit lead which then the Rockets will make a brief comeback in the 4th. Yao will have a killer game (36/20?).
New. Stuff.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:03 pm
YAYA WE WON dang we hold yao to 9 pts
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:03 pm
go warriors!!!!! yes!! (they won if you haven't noticed)

That's me :D

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:06 pm
WHAT A GAME! I am in awe of the D they played on Yao! Who says harrington cant play d! And what a coaching job by Donnie Boy! J-rich is so clutch I can't wait to see him in the playoffs. All we gotta do is take care of buisness against the grizz. We have to get 2 out of these nest three and they just made the job a whole lot easier. now all we gotta do is hope the Fakers win. (i cant believe I just said that)

GO WARRIORS!!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:14 pm
Unbelievable game....I saw it and I still don't believe what they did to Yao!

Yeah, McGrady was out most of the game, but Head played better than McGrady. What an unconscious shooting night he had - 7/9 from 3 point land.

Got a little nervous midway through the fourth when the Ws let their foot off the gas and started playing halfcourt.Baron really needs to change his approach at the end, too much isolation and 1 on 1 play let the Rockets back into it. But then the Ws found a way to close it out.

Unfortunately, Denver is killing Sac. And the Clips are ahead, but it's still early.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:26 pm
yet another best win of the year! Check it - ws are 10-4 in last 14 including wins over Pistons, Mavs, Spurs, Suns and Rockets...best 36-39 team in last 20 years???
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:31 pm
they played like they really want to make the playoffs tonight!!! Harrington did a hell of a joib on Yao tonight, and we were swarming them all night with a ton of steals....come on lakers, we need you!!!!!
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:47 pm
Big time win. The defense was awesome. Too bad the Clippers and Nuggets are getting hot as well. It's a shame that this team will probably miss the playoffs.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:46 pm
GREAT WIN
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:04 pm
These guys want playoffs, they want to make it there. As Curt Hennig would say... our small ball play has been "absolutely perfect." Well not perfect, but it has been effective. No one wants to run out on Harrington on the perimeter. Jackson has been posting up on players like crazy. Richardson is lighting up the scoreboard. Monta is driving fassst like a nascar. And Baron is dishin' out the dimes and playin' through the pain. Most importantly, they're moving the ball. Besides the 4th quarter against the Suns, the Warriors have been doing well making the extra pass.

Oh and and if you forgot....

"UNSTOPPABLE, BABY!!!" Image

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:42 pm
wow! very impressive win. Al Harrington shut down yao big time. the big reason we won is because we forced houston to 24 TURNOVERS! Baron and Jrich played awesome combining with 52 points! You gotta love baron, always hitting them clutch shots to put the icing on the cake. He seems to do that alot!
PWN3D!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:01 am
migya wrote:Definately comes down to not giving open shots, especially threes, to guys like Battier, Alston and Head (if he is playing) because that is all those three do and they do it well! The team has to play some sort of defense or they have no chance. Baron playing alot of minutes would be great but likely won't happen so it will have to be the big 5 that can play for the team that take on the HUGE 2 of the Rockets.

I got it right with the Rockets outside guns but with TMac out, a great win for the team! What a performance! JRich came alive in the 2nd half and he is showing that he STILL is a special player that is a star. Baron did it all early. Great team effort and this win makes it alot easier!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:46 am
Fantastic and surprising win for the Warriors last night. A great team effort for sure. Baron was solid, Monta was good, Stephen Jackson made some big shots and Jason Richardson was outstanding.

Unfortunately, both the Clippers and Nuggets won last night. It would have been nice if the Clips would have lost to the Lakers, but it was not to be.

Seven games to go for the Warriors. The way things are going for the Clippers, the Warriors might need to win six of those to get in. That is a tough task, but it is possible.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:06 am
ChicagoTom wrote:Fantastic and surprising win for the Warriors last night. A great team effort for sure. Baron was solid, Monta was good, Stephen Jackson made some big shots and Jason Richardson was outstanding.

Unfortunately, both the Clippers and Nuggets won last night. It would have been nice if the Clips would have lost to the Lakers, but it was not to be.

Seven games to go for the Warriors. The way things are going for the Clippers, the Warriors might need to win six of those to get in. That is a tough task, but it is possible.

I'm beginning to be with you on this, Chi-Tom. All along I thought 41-41 would guarantee a berth, but the way the clippers are playing, the ws probably have to go 6-1 and finish 42-40. If ANYONE on this board had said 10 games ago the Ws were going to go 7-3 and beat the Suns and Rockets and lose a game in the standings to the clippers, they would have cleaned up on a bet, but that is exactly what has happened. I can squint my eyes and see the ws going 5-2 the rest of the way, but 6-1? Man...to do that, they can afford a loss to the Spurs in SA and that is it...bizarre, but I could win that bottle from Migya and the ws could miss the playoffs.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads