Game Thread: Warriors @ Houston Rockets 2007-04-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors pull out a victory in Houston?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:33 pm

YES
88%
NO
13%

Total votes : 16

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:16 pm
Yao has been on fire since returning. The Warriors need to strike fast and often. The key to this game is to run, run, run. Yao is not in shape yet and will be huffing and puffing if they run him out of the building. Make Tmac and their role players try and win the game. That's really the only way the Warriors will win honestly because Yao's post and shoot move is just as automatic as Monta's stop and pop.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:32 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Yao has been on fire since returning. The Warriors need to strike fast and often. The key to this game is to run, run, run. Yao is not in shape yet and will be huffing and puffing if they run him out of the building. Make Tmac and their role players try and win the game. That's really the only way the Warriors will win honestly because Yao's post and shoot move is just as automatic as Monta's stop and pop.

Yao will likely go off, as will TMac but it is the open threes that make the Rockets so good. Guys like Alston, Battier and Head, though having some other skills, are really only outside shooters and they don't do much else offensively. The team needs to run when ever possible obviously. Playing defense like they did against the Mavs the last time would be great as well

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:05 pm
They need cabarkapa back! he would be draining threes in Yaos eye, he scored 26 points against them THATS CRAZY!!! for cabarkapa at least
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:41 pm
cabarkapa wrote:They need cabarkapa back! he would be draining threes in Yaos eye, he scored 26 points against them THATS CRAZY!!! for cabarkapa at least

Really? :shock:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:49 pm
cabarkapa wrote:They need cabarkapa back! he would be draining threes in Yaos eye, he scored 26 points against them THATS CRAZY!!! for cabarkapa at least

This is one fan that must be in mourning. He will never see his favourite player amount to anything

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:27 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Yao has been on fire since returning. The Warriors need to strike fast and often. The key to this game is to run, run, run. Yao is not in shape yet and will be huffing and puffing if they run him out of the building. Make Tmac and their role players try and win the game. That's really the only way the Warriors will win honestly because Yao's post and shoot move is just as automatic as Monta's stop and pop.

more so at this point. Yup, run baby, run - the only way. 1/2 court = loss...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:58 pm
migya wrote:TMac can score on anybody and maybe only Pietrus, if he's feeling it, can slow him down any

LMAO! ::lol:

You think Pietrus is a better defender than Jackson...? :oops:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:05 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:TMac can score on anybody and maybe only Pietrus, if he's feeling it, can slow him down any

LMAO! ::lol:

You think Pietrus is a better defender than Jackson...? :oops:

At times yes. When he is on he can block shots and harass anyone into a bad shooting game. He may not play great defensively as often as he used to but he still can do it. He got an incredible stat line a few days ago of something like 12pts, 7rebs, 2stls and 4blks! Noone on the team has done something like that this season that I can recall

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:57 pm
I don't recall MP shutting down any player like Jackson can. Let's revert to couple years back when we had hope for MP to become a star. It was against the year we traded for Baron, the Warriors took on the Spurs and put on a show. Though they lost, MP was the perfect option to guard Parker. Nowadays, the best thing MP does defensively is coming out of no where and blocking the crap out of a players shot attempt. How many times have we seen MP shut down a player this year? None. How about SJax? Couple times, the most remembered was when Nowitzki couldn't do much. Yes, they played great defense that game, but Jax was bodying him, harrassing him whenever he had the ball.

My point is, Jackson is clearly superior to MP. He may not block shots as well, but he's hardly ever found in no man's land defensively.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:46 am
With the Nuggets winning last night, the pressure is squarely on the shoulders of our Warriors tonight. Yao has torched the Warriors this season and unless Biedrins can stay out of foul trouble I expect him to be a dominant force on the inside.

Hopefully Baron has a big game and he can lead this team to a win. If Baron has a big game, the Warriors have a decent chance of winning. WIth their backs against the wall and facing must wins the rest of the season, the team will have to play with a sense of urgency.

What will be an interesting thing to watch from the beginning will be the pace of the game. Houston will want a slow, half court game. If the Warriors allow Houston to dictate pace it will be tough for the Warriors to win. The team that dictates the pace of this one will win.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:16 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I don't recall MP shutting down any player like Jackson can. Let's revert to couple years back when we had hope for MP to become a star. It was against the year we traded for Baron, the Warriors took on the Spurs and put on a show. Though they lost, MP was the perfect option to guard Parker. Nowadays, the best thing MP does defensively is coming out of no where and blocking the crap out of a players shot attempt. How many times have we seen MP shut down a player this year? None. How about SJax? Couple times, the most remembered was when Nowitzki couldn't do much. Yes, they played great defense that game, but Jax was bodying him, harrassing him whenever he had the ball.

My point is, Jackson is clearly superior to MP. He may not block shots as well, but he's hardly ever found in no man's land defensively.

SJackson has definately shown he is possibly the best perimeter defender on the team since arriving here but my point is that Pietrus can be a great defender at times, seemingly when he wants to. He is long and strong for his size and can guard a number of positions but he just has been less defensively this season than he was before

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:01 am
Tough game away. I dont see them winning with a healthy Rockets lineup. Let's hope i'm wrong.

Rockets by 9
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:42 am
Oe thing the W's have in their favor tonight: The Rockets have almost nothing to play for. They won't slip down to the Lakers, and but they MIGHT catch the Jazz. As they sit in the fifth, they will draw the Jazz. If they move to the fourth, they'll get...the Jazz (but, home court).

I could see (and I'm hoping), that since Yao is still recovering from his knee problem, the rockets will be looking to limit his playing time, so hE'll b in better shape for the playoffs. If he is limited to under 30 minutes, W's chances get much better.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:50 am
migya wrote:He got an incredible stat line a few days ago of something like 12pts, 7rebs, 2stls and 4blks! Noone on the team has done something like that this season that I can recall

Baron has had equal and better stat lines this year.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:04 pm
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:He got an incredible stat line a few days ago of something like 12pts, 7rebs, 2stls and 4blks! Noone on the team has done something like that this season that I can recall

Baron has had equal and better stat lines this year.

Yes, Baron has had some great games, though I don;t think he can pull off the blocks. But, Pietus did that line in about 15 minutes.

Thought, such performances are rare and not to be considered anywhere near normal.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads