Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies @ Warriors 2007-04-01

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors be prepared to play against the struggling Grizzlies?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:01 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 14

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:32 pm
in a way the clippers winning has helped us, now we have two spots to go after not just one...

hopefully denver loses tonight against seattle...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:43 pm
We had to overcome Baron getting ejected. It was a nice win, a must win and we got it. Forget the Clips, we're 1 1/2 games behind the Nuggets!
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:59 pm
aaustria wrote:nelson was interviewed after a game with the grizz and said that they had no answer for monta ellis but the dubs had no answer for gasol. i also remember the warriors losing to the grizzlies but not necessarily after that game. i don't think this is going to be an easy game and i can see the warriors winning by less than 7 points if at all :X

i think i had a pretty accurate hold on the result of the game :P but i didn't expect BD to be out lol.

That's me :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:37 pm
Excellent win today. Definately was a needed victory.

::lol: I also find it funny and a bit ironic how people are ready to praise Andris Biedrins for his 18 rebounds, but wouldn't ever give Troy Murphy his dues whenever he grabbed around 20 boards. The fact that the next closest guy (Pietrus) only had 7 rebounds would have been a huge knock had Murphy pulled in 18. Had Murphy swung a night like this, you'd never hear any praise for him. Blatant double standard. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:18 pm
Murphy had a couple donuts during one stretch. Dre has never had a game where he pulled down zero boards.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:22 pm
this was a great win, I was shitting bricks the whole game though...JRich played like he really wants to make the playoffs throwing in 26 timely points, and SJax had another solid game. It was great to see them get a win with baron able to rest the knee (by default!)
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:01 pm
32 wrote:Excellent win today. Definately was a needed victory.

::lol: I also find it funny and a bit ironic how people are ready to praise Andris Biedrins for his 18 rebounds, but wouldn't ever give Troy Murphy his dues whenever he grabbed around 20 boards. The fact that the next closest guy (Pietrus) only had 7 rebounds would have been a huge knock had Murphy pulled in 18. Had Murphy swung a night like this, you'd never hear any praise for him. Blatant double standard. :wink:

Just the way it goes. I remember a time when everyone liked Murph and he'd get his props. He was going downhill for a while with the Warriors though. I have a hard time finding a player that is less suited for Nellie-ball than him.

He was a decent rebounder.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:20 pm
Great win, though barely a victory. Great games from JRich, SJackson, Monta, Biedrins and PIETRUS. Pietrus hitting 4 of 6 of his shots (which were all threes), getting 7rebs, 2asts, 1stl and 4 blks! is great any time and in only 12 minutes! Better defense is needed though because the Griz, without MMiller, scored too much

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:23 am
32 wrote:::lol: I also find it funny and a bit ironic how people are ready to praise Andris Biedrins for his 18 rebounds, but wouldn't ever give Troy Murphy his dues whenever he grabbed around 20 boards. The fact that the next closest guy (Pietrus) only had 7 rebounds would have been a huge knock had Murphy pulled in 18. Had Murphy swung a night like this, you'd never hear any praise for him. Blatant double standard. :wink:

It's not a double standard. Murphy would have probably lost the game for us taking too many ill advised shots. Biedrins does his job, Murphy tried to do too much and was detrimental to the team.

btw, Biedrins is a better rebounder. 8)

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:41 am
I did not get to see this game as it was not on the NBA Pass yesterday. I was happy to see the Warriors pulled it out. That would have been a playoff killing loss to say the least.

Eight games to go to see if this team can reach the playoffs. It is going to be tough. The Warriors will have to go at least 6-2 to get in. That is not going to be easy. Let's hope this three-game trip coming up goes well for our Warriors.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:20 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:I did not get to see this game as it was not on the NBA Pass yesterday. I was happy to see the Warriors pulled it out. That would have been a playoff killing loss to say the least.

Eight games to go to see if this team can reach the playoffs. It is going to be tough. The Warriors will have to go at least 6-2 to get in. That is not going to be easy. Let's hope this three-game trip coming up goes well for our Warriors.

Sadly, it wasn't televised on any channel. I don't understand how they wouldn't televise a home game. There weren't any sports going on other than NBA games, but those were on ABC. MLB opening night didn't start 'til... well, the night.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:27 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:I did not get to see this game as it was not on the NBA Pass yesterday. I was happy to see the Warriors pulled it out. That would have been a playoff killing loss to say the least.

Sadly, it wasn't televised on any channel. I don't understand how they wouldn't televise a home game. There weren't any sports going on other than NBA games, but those were on ABC. MLB opening night didn't start 'til... well, the night.

Disgraceful that the team is fighting for a playoff spot, is a professional team of the Oakland area and yet one of their games was not televised, let alone a home game!!!!

Some of you cunnts should get together and really complain!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads