Game Thread: Phoenix Suns @ Warriors 2007-03-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors make up ground in the playoff race?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:13 am

YES
57%
NO
43%

Total votes : 14

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:33 am

Marcus Bank's got skills!

:mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:16 am
Well, the Warriors answered the call last night and played as their best game of the season in a huge win over the Suns. It got a bit interesting in the last three minutes but the result was really never in question.

The Warriors came out with the energy and intensity that they needed to play with to beat a team like the Suns.

Jason Richardson was unconscious. If he can play remotely close to the level he did last night the Warriors have another key offensive option that also rebounds. It was nice to see him go off like he did last night.

Biedrins' dunk over Stoudamire was rowdy!! I did not see that coming. I always say watching the games that Biedrins needs to learn to dunk more as he gets some bunnies blocked underneath when he should be throwing them down. A great dunk though for sure!

The momentum must continue on Sunday against the Grizzlies. They are the worst team in the league. It is another must win for the Warriors on Sunday before a tough three game road trip to Memphis, Houston and San Antonio. Go Warriors!!
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:47 am
Insane first half, and especially the first quarter. I wasn't too surprised to see the gap whittled down in the forth, as the W's players had all put in SERIOUS minutes, with almost nothing coming from outside the key 6. But it was HUGE to keep the win, even though the Suns might have been able to pull it out with their starters coming back in the forth.

BD was not great at the end, but neither was anyone else. The were running the isolates not for BD to score, though he has been the most clutch this season, but to run out the clock. Kind of a mixed result there, as they ran the time, but could not get the last couple of buckets to insure the win.

At the half, Sir Charles said little. Could be that he didn't want to compliment the W's, but he did say the Suns won't be champions giving up points like that. Everyone else said the Suns were gonna come back and at least lead the game at some point.

After the game, there were a few complients for JRich and BD, and some overall for the team. Thoughts were definitely on W's and Clips as the only teams in the hunt for 8.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 am
cladden wrote:
coltraning wrote:
coltraning wrote:am at the game tonight, and am psyched. The chance to see my 2 favorite teams play is tremendous. The ws have had 10 games in the last 12 where they either won or played well enough to win (blazers and spurs are the anomalies). Phoenix is going to be motivated as well, because the last thing they want to do is give up home court to the Spurs. There will be beaucoup points tonight. How about 127-122 Ws? (Once a fan always a fan.)

o.k. - gotta quote myself...124-199 was not a bad call, score-wise. the first 3 quarters the warriors played as well as I have ever seen them play offensively. It was brilliant. I have never been to a game where a team scored 77 points in a half and 109 after 3 quarters. The last quarter was a Baron Davis disaster. By the end of the game, our entire section was screaming for him to pass the fuucking ball and cursing Baron for his pigheaded, I am back in South Central, I am the man and how dare Marcus Banks think he can guard me bulllshiit...his sheer egotism almost pissed away a great 3 quarters by all concerned, including Baron's good twin, costing the ws 18 points of a 23 point lead, and this against the Suns 2nd team. still, all in all, a GREAT win, and am sure the ws are the ONLY team sub 500 that has beaten the top 5 teams in the league. Nice to see JRich go off, and SJax had a fantastic game. I want this to be Monta Ellis' team next year.

Though I kinda agree that Baron didn't play well for parts of the fourth he was by far our best player for the game. Best defender and distributor and shooting at a good percentage. 8 boards even. There's no way Monta can carry this team as a point next year. Not like BD.

Have to disagree, bro. Both JRich and SJax had better games, and Monta also played very well. Like I said, BD had an excellent 3 quarters and a pigheaded 4th. As for Monta, he continues to improve by leaps and bounds, and at his current improvement curve he will be the leader of this team within the next year or two.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:48 am
AB posterizing Amare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gecuxYF3J8
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:38 pm
Yeah, that dunk was nasty! Over Amare and Nash. At first I was like, is he going to shoot the three? But then, the facial on Nash. He tried moving to his left a bit and Amare tried to block it.

About Marcus Banks... his "careless" turnover described by Baron ended the game. He just reached in because Banks dribbled it like an 7th-8th grader would and Baron took advantage and put the icing on the cake. Oh yeah, Banks has skills. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:47 pm
Best win of the season.

And, TMC, Marcus Banks was hugely responsible for the Suns' chipping off so many points to the Warriors' lead. He really got Baron Davis off his game... and that would have killed us earlier in the game. If D'Antoni would have brought in Banks in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, I think the box score would be a little different. Banks and Barbosa were the Suns' comeback kids.

Btw... hobbes, is there anyway we can put that Biedrins' jam on the banner? :mrgreen: PLEASE! Just a small GIF of him stuffing it up Amare's vag would be fine. :thumbleft:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:46 pm
drazz wrote:At the half, Sir Charles said little. Could be that he didn't want to compliment the W's, but he did say the Suns won't be champions giving up points like that. Everyone else said the Suns were gonna come back and at least lead the game at some point.

After the game, there were a few complients for JRich and BD, and some overall for the team. Thoughts were definitely on W's and Clips as the only teams in the hunt for 8.

Yeah, when I posted last night that it was the first time in forever I had heard Sir Charles talk somewhat positively about the Ws, it was all relative to what he usually does. Not once did he say "the Warriors are not a playoff calibre team" or anything like that, and no real bashing of them. At halftime Kenny and the other guy (forget his name) were saying that Phoenix was going to catch up and probably win the game, and Charles disagreed.

And when they showed the standings at the end, Charles said that the teams below the Ws are out of it and it's a 2 team race for the playoffs. He didn't say who he thought would get in, the other announcers kept going on about how much ground the Ws had to make up and that they didn't think they would do it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:31 pm
The only reason Charles didn't bash Golden State is because they have a shot at getting in the playoffs. Don't be mistaken; even if the Warriors were playing at this high level, Barkley would have verbally castrated them if they were out of the playoff hunt.

Last night, I saw the TNT Halftime Report as the Warriors shutting up the critics, moreso than the media giving Golden State their dues.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:45 pm
32 wrote:The only reason Charles didn't bash Golden State is because they have a shot at getting in the playoffs. Don't be mistaken; even if the Warriors were playing at this high level, Barkley would have verbally castrated them if they were out of the playoff hunt.

That sounds about right. Barkley is just a clown for the camera

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:27 pm
32 wrote:Best win of the season.

And, TMC, Marcus Banks was hugely responsible for the Suns' chipping off so many points to the Warriors' lead. He really got Baron Davis off his game... and that would have killed us earlier in the game. If D'Antoni would have brought in Banks in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, I think the box score would be a little different. Banks and Barbosa were the Suns' comeback kids.

Btw... hobbes, is there anyway we can put that Biedrins' jam on the banner? :mrgreen: PLEASE! Just a small GIF of him stuffing it up Amare's vag would be fine. :thumbleft:

Yeah, I noticed him getting in his face, hugging him, doing whatever he could do. D'Antoni knew if they could frustrate our best player, they would be right back in the game. Barbosa was the beast, his form may be ugly, but his game speaks beauty.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:56 am
32 wrote:And, TMC, Marcus Banks was hugely responsible for the Suns' chipping off so many points to the Warriors' lead. He really got Baron Davis off his game... and that would have killed us earlier in the game. If D'Antoni would have brought in Banks in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, I think the box score would be a little different. Banks and Barbosa were the Suns' comeback kids.

I know, I've already seen the game. It's just that the Marcus Banks hate is not rational right now. Don't expect me to give him props for anything. Not even if he manages to stop the war in Irak. :mrgreen:

So, to keep on with that line of thought, Barbosa was the comeback kid, Banks was just along for the ride. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:40 am
Banks puts the money in the Bank! He is that reliable :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:12 pm
Marcus Banks was the man who single-handedly stopped the Warriors. Barbosa's scoring wouldn't have mattered; Golden State was willing to trade bucket-for-bucket all game. Banks shutting down Davis gave Phoneix their chance at the win... but it was too little too late.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:54 pm
Banks really is The Most Crafty player in the Pacific Division :mrgreen:

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads