Game Thread: Phoenix Suns @ Warriors 2007-03-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors make up ground in the playoff race?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:13 am

YES
57%
NO
43%

Total votes : 14

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:19 pm
TMC wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:warriors are done.

I must have read this at least 30 times this season... and we're still in the hunt. We're not done until we're mathematically out.

Amen to that! Go warriors! I dont see why so many people think this game is out of our reach... Last time I chacked we took these guys down to the wire and it took a clutch nash three to beat us. I dont see why we cant at least do the same or even win. Only 1 and a half out could go down to 1 if we win tonight. Lets go!

On a side note this is the warriors last game with the city jerseys this year! I dont see what we dont just make those our regular Jerseys there so much better.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:52 pm
great start! Keep that ish up for 4 qtrs and we have this. hahaha
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:53 pm
Looking good at the half!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:01 pm
If the Suns come back, I'm going to feel like **** for the next two weeks; this will be worse than the time the Warriors blew a 20 point lead against Toronto and only scored 4 points in the 4th quarter
New. Stuff.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:19 pm
WHAT A GAME! I was about to have a heart attack when they cut it to 6! I don't know if the suns would have come back if Baron didnt make that steal but i think it was a game and maybe even a season saver. Most outrageous play of the game was that AB dunk over Amare! That was out of this world!!!!!!!!! I was going crazy on my couch! Warriors almost found a way to lose another 20 point lead though. Great game by steven jackson and J-rich too, especially jason. We all know he needed that one after the last two stinkers. That 1st quarter by him was insane. I say most exciting game of the year, so many crazy ass plays i cant even remember them all cant wait to watch the highlights. All i can say is wow.

And the best part is...

Only 1 game out now LETS GO WARRIORS!!!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:43 pm
That was one of the first times that I've heard Charles Barkley talk reasonably positively about Golden State in a very long time. What a great game. Crappy 4th quarter, but they had played so well up to then that they were able to hold on.

I would have liked to see Monta handle the ball more in the 4th quarter; Baron was getting locked down by a great defensive effort and yet he kept wanting to make the play. He must have had 4 or 5 TOs and several bad shots in the quarter. Of course, he did make the steal at the end, but if the Ws could have scored a couple more baskets earlier in the quarter, that wouldn't have been necessary.

In addition to the Biedrins dunk over Stoudamire and Nash, I liked the defensive play where Baron was defending Marion in a post position. Baron held his position in spite of Marion backing into him hard 3 times, and then Baron blocked his shot!

Bring on the Grizzlies.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:32 pm
coltraning wrote:am at the game tonight, and am psyched. The chance to see my 2 favorite teams play is tremendous. The ws have had 10 games in the last 12 where they either won or played well enough to win (blazers and spurs are the anomalies). Phoenix is going to be motivated as well, because the last thing they want to do is give up home court to the Spurs. There will be beaucoup points tonight. How about 127-122 Ws? (Once a fan always a fan.)

o.k. - gotta quote myself...124-199 was not a bad call, score-wise. the first 3 quarters the warriors played as well as I have ever seen them play offensively. It was brilliant. I have never been to a game where a team scored 77 points in a half and 109 after 3 quarters. The last quarter was a Baron Davis disaster. By the end of the game, our entire section was screaming for him to pass the fuucking ball and cursing Baron for his pigheaded, I am back in South Central, I am the man and how dare Marcus Banks think he can guard me bulllshiit...his sheer egotism almost pissed away a great 3 quarters by all concerned, including Baron's good twin, costing the ws 18 points of a 23 point lead, and this against the Suns 2nd team. still, all in all, a GREAT win, and am sure the ws are the ONLY team sub 500 that has beaten the top 5 teams in the league. Nice to see JRich go off, and SJax had a fantastic game. I want this to be Monta Ellis' team next year.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:41 pm
Well hey, the Warriors were scoring throughout, 199 is a logical number. :shock:

Slopping ending, they went very perimeter and struggled rebounding a bit. Loved seeing Brazil swat France and then France returning the favor. Barbosa just went off in the 4th and they tried the old "Hack-a-Biedrins" trick I haven't seen for a long time. When's the last time a team did that to him anyway?

Oh by the way... TMC, if you watched the game, didn't you love seeing Marcus Banks play!? :wink: If you plan to, won't you love seeing Marcus Banks play!? :mrgreen:

Nice game, Amare, Nash, and Marion didn't play much, but they still got their minutes. Didn't watch Inside the NBA. How "positive" was Sir Charles and co.?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:51 pm
The thing I liked about the fourth quarter: although the Warriors started to launch threes, they corrected it quickly and were able to retain the lead.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:52 pm
coltraning wrote:
coltraning wrote:am at the game tonight, and am psyched. The chance to see my 2 favorite teams play is tremendous. The ws have had 10 games in the last 12 where they either won or played well enough to win (blazers and spurs are the anomalies). Phoenix is going to be motivated as well, because the last thing they want to do is give up home court to the Spurs. There will be beaucoup points tonight. How about 127-122 Ws? (Once a fan always a fan.)

o.k. - gotta quote myself...124-199 was not a bad call, score-wise. the first 3 quarters the warriors played as well as I have ever seen them play offensively. It was brilliant. I have never been to a game where a team scored 77 points in a half and 109 after 3 quarters. The last quarter was a Baron Davis disaster. By the end of the game, our entire section was screaming for him to pass the fuucking ball and cursing Baron for his pigheaded, I am back in South Central, I am the man and how dare Marcus Banks think he can guard me bulllshiit...his sheer egotism almost pissed away a great 3 quarters by all concerned, including Baron's good twin, costing the ws 18 points of a 23 point lead, and this against the Suns 2nd team. still, all in all, a GREAT win, and am sure the ws are the ONLY team sub 500 that has beaten the top 5 teams in the league. Nice to see JRich go off, and SJax had a fantastic game. I want this to be Monta Ellis' team next year.

Though I kinda agree that Baron didn't play well for parts of the fourth he was by far our best player for the game. Best defender and distributor and shooting at a good percentage. 8 boards even. There's no way Monta can carry this team as a point next year. Not like BD.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:16 am
lol it was funny seeing andris staying out of bounds trying to avoid the foul
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:03 am
What exactly did Charles Barkely say at halftime. I'm always interested to hear what outside perspectives have to say about our Warriors. I know most of the time Charles has dogged our team saying we are a joke even when we were killing the Kings early in the season. If you could summarize what Sir Charles said that would be great, unfortunately didn't get to hear it since I was at the game watching the stupid contortionist dude at halftime.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:50 am
sir charles didn't say much actually lol... in fact they seemed hesitant to say ANYTHING good about the warriors lol. all i remember was that he said its really a 2 team race between the clips and warriors... NOT the other teams. oh yeah.. and he said our jerseys are really ugly.

and i have to commend stephen jackson for not talking back after he got a bad foul call :D
Last edited by aaustria on Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's me :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:51 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Oh by the way... TMC, if you watched the game, didn't you love seeing Marcus Banks play!? :wink: If you plan to, won't you love seeing Marcus Banks play!? :mrgreen:

Marcus Banks has skills! :mrgreen:

Great win! This should make things much easier IF the team beats those teams below them. JRich showed he still has it!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:18 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Oh by the way... TMC, if you watched the game, didn't you love seeing Marcus Banks play!? :wink: If you plan to, won't you love seeing Marcus Banks play!? :mrgreen:

Not yet, I'm downloading the torrent right now. In chinese, but that's better than not watching the game.

Even tho I still haven't seen it, I want to post this as the image of the game:

We're gonna make the f*cking playoffs!!!

It's funny. With each game, it seems more clear that the "untradable" Jackson is the best player of the trade. By a mile.

About Banks... here's a nice summary of his nba career:

:mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads