Game Thread: Phoenix Suns @ Warriors 2007-03-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors make up ground in the playoff race?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:13 am

YES
57%
NO
43%

Total votes : 14

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:13 am
Phoenix Suns (53-17) @ Golden State Warriors (33-39)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Phoenix Suns
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Steve Nash
SG - Raja Bell
SF - Shawn Marion
PF - Boris Diaw
C - Amare Stoudamire

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.3) | A. Stoudemire (20.8)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.7) | S. Marion (10.1)
APG - B. Davis (8.2) | S. Nash (11.5)
SPG - B. Davis (2.1) | S. Marion (2.0)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.8) | S. Marion (1.5)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:19 am
I don't know what to say. We better win. Dubs by 1.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:27 am
The Suns should win and by a good margin, not like Spurs did but at least 10. The team just has to beat the teams that are aroud them and below them.

Suns by 10

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:21 am
I hope we can get them. It depends how much we bother them on D.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:00 pm
After spilling some of his hair gel in his hotel room, Steve Nash will slip and fall, spraining his gluteous maximus. He will not play.

Amare Stoudemire will get bad directions to the Arena because he used mapquest, he arrives in the 3rd quarter, wondering why he didn't exit on Helgenberger.

Shawn Marion will play, but will pout and feel underappreciated because Boris Diaw gets to hold the ball more than him. He will eventually ask to be traded to the Warriors at halftime. The Suns and Dubs complete the trade, sending the rights to Kosta Perovic, Zarko, and a 2nd round draft choice in 2022. In his Warriors Debut, Marion scores 30 points in 18 minutes.

Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw go crazy, scoring a combined 65 points unfortunately, the rest of the team scores 30.

Warriors win this one, 134-95.
23 hours of my day are spent wondering what to do with my hour of spare time...

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:55 pm
warriors are done. that laker game was the nail in the coffin. the clippers would have to fall flat on their faces and we'd have to move mountains.

however, im still going to enjoy the last few weeks here, because the warriors will show some heart and still be fun to watch.

phoenix 117 w's 108
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:05 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:warriors are done.

I must have read this at least 30 times this season... and we're still in the hunt. We're not done until we're mathematically out.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:37 am
Both teams are struggling. Warriors have dropped the last 3 of 4. Suns have dropped the last 3 of 5. We're in the same boat as them, current losing streak wise. It's time to break out of this slump and get going. Jrich and Harrington need to come alive. Monta broke out of his little slump. Baron regained confidence against the Spurs in his offense. We need more contribution... and when that happens, the Warriors win. Last time the Suns came here, Nash made the crowd go home in silence. Time for the fans to have something to cheer about after this game is over!
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:13 am
Suns loss to the Kings Monday is major. Could it be that they are slowing down, tired here at the end of the year? Same thing happened last year, and the Suns dropped a few that should have been easy for them. Of course, they could also be coming out for blood, gunning down their next couple opponents.

Still, could end up being a good game. I think it will be close, and I'll be optimistic with the W's by 3.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:29 am
Clips lost last night to the Rockets so this is a golden opportunity to maybe steal a win.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:48 am
tkono wrote:Clips lost last night to the Rockets so this is a golden opportunity to maybe steal a win.

I agree. The Warriors have a "Golden" opportunity to gain ground on the Clippers after last night's loss. This is an absolute must win for the Warriors. I know it will be tough against the Suns, but with the game on TNT and the Warriors playoff lives at stake, I would hope and expect the Warriors to come out and give it their best shot on their home floor.

It is put up or shut up time for the Warriors. There are only ten games remaining and any more losses will significantly impact negatively the Warriors chances of getting in. I hope the Warriors come out with energy, enthusiasm and play with a sense of urgency as they should. If the team comes out, plays hard and gives it their all, that is all we can ask. I would guess if they do play that way though it will result in a win.

I think the Warriors will win a thriller tonight!!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:57 am
am at the game tonight, and am psyched. The chance to see my 2 favorite teams play is tremendous. The ws have had 10 games in the last 12 where they either won or played well enough to win (blazers and spurs are the anomalies). Phoenix is going to be motivated as well, because the last thing they want to do is give up home court to the Spurs. There will be beaucoup points tonight. How about 127-122 Ws? (Once a fan always a fan.)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:13 pm
the best way to win is to take advantage of each mistake the suns make and make our runs when nash, stoudamire or marion are on the bench. If we lose, we're not mathematically out of it but we're gonna be sure damn close.

So.. To summarize, WIN DAMMIT!

Its on TNT, so you can bet i'll be watching.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:42 pm
if we dont win tonight, id say we're out of it

not just our record, but the team moral.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:58 pm
this is going to be a high scoring game with points going back to back. the only way the warriors can win is to shoot at a high percentage and out score the suns while capitalizing on all of the turnovers that the suns make...the piranha defense of the warriors, the urgency to get a playoff spot, and being at home will make this an exciting game. too bad i won't get to watch it :[

That's me :D
Next

Return to Game Threads