Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers 2007-03-25

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Kobe make it five in a row 50+ point games?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:20 am

YES
27%
NO
73%

Total votes : 15

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:38 pm
GOD DAMMIT SO FRUSTRATING!!!

we have had so many games like this over the season, close throughout, get up for a little while, then blow it in the 4th. im happy that we stopped kobe, but i really wanted this one...

we threw up a lot of 3's but still, alot of them should have went down. jackson late had 2 in a row wide open miss. props to monta.

shiet....

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:28 pm
Why is everyone so down? We all knew this was going to be a tough one, and tomorrows going to be another tough one and so is the next night and all the rest of the scheduel but that doesnt mean were out of it. Still only 1 and a half games out. We can still do it. Tomorrow might be a must win. Lets go this is what we have been wanting all season, to be in it at the end of the year we can still do it.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:08 pm
The turning point was when they launched 4 3s in a row in the 4th and missed every single one of them—after leading by 7. And Baron really struggled on this one.

Being outrebounded 33 to 63 is just plain murder, and freakin’ Turiaf had key ones down the stretch.

Krome, we tried. Maybe time to change it up—again.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:18 pm
tough loss, but a lot of positives. We had an open shot for the win at the buzzer. Barnett and Fitzgerald were actually right on in their analysis: Ws killed the lakers on steals, but were killed back on the boards. 63-33??? Come on, how in God's name were we that close with a 30 rebound margin AND Baron/JRich having simply brutal shooting nights AND Kobe scoring 43? Wow, and utter props to Monta. Man,, Biedrins got beaten to just about every contested rebound. I hope he bulks up over the summer, cause he is getting consistently knocked off the block by other bigs. Three straight games of that, with Utah, Washington and Lakers. Since he is their only rebounder, he really should learn to block out better. Maybe he is just not strong enough.

Ws need to go 7-5 to have a feasible shot...hard, but not impossible.

They Must win one of two suns/spurs, Must beat Memphis both times, and win 4 of the last 6. that puts them at 40-42...either way, either way, they have played gutty and entertaining ball 10 of the last 11 games, so this may well be their playoffs. I am enjoying it.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:42 pm
Out rebounded by 30 and still close to winning it is really something. Monta was a star and this is close for a Lakers game as the team has not done well against them in a while. Great effort, they were up by 5 with some 8 minutes to go and I thought they were going to win but anyway

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:16 am
I don't think the refs did a bad job. Yeah, they missed some calls, but they weren't horrible.

On another note...

This game was keyed by that Monta turnover. The careless turnover that bounced to Shammond Williams so he could shoot a three opened the run that the Fakers desperately needed. During that time, the team went cold, started becoming perimeter oriented. That's not how they should've closed the game. They were doing fine, dishing out dimes, rotating the ball inside off pick and rolls and setting each other up. Also feel sorry for AB, he needs help rebounding. It's so hard to watch your only big man being the only guy who can grab a board.

The Warriors did everything right, except rebound and continuing what they started. But c'mon, lets face it. The Lakers own us just like we own Dallas. It's funny though, those Faker fans were only loud when Kobe started a run or shot a jumper. And everytime they went on a run, the "fans" were probably ten times as quiet as the fans here at the Oracle. God, would I do anything to show up those Faker fans.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:17 am
This is a tough loss to stomach. I thought after the slow start and the Kobe first quarter barrage that the Warriors played exceptionally well and I found myself thinking midway through the fourth quester that the Warriors were going to win. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

-Second chance points off missed Laker shots played a big part in this game. When key defensive rebounds were needed in the fourth quarter, we could not get them.

-Stephen Jackson needs to shut his mouth or sit on the bench. Is he going to get a technical every game? People can talk about Monta's turnover which was a big play, but Jackson's obsession to complain to the refs after most every call gave the Lakers a free point at the line.

-The Warriors did do a nice job limiting Kobe in parts of this game. The double-teams worked okay trying to deny him the ball. As we all know, Kobe is going to get his points. However, the role players like Turiaf and the rebounding of Odom did the Warriors in.

-I am not sure why, but after moving the ball around most of the game on offense, Baron and company became very stagnant on offense and wanted to go one-on-one in the fourth quarter. Going into the fourth quarter, Baron was 1-for-10 from the field. While he did hit a three in that quarter, it did not give him the green light to start shooting every possession. I am not throwin Baron under the bus and blaming him completely for the loss, but players like Monta got very few chances in the half court set because of Baron's inability to get his teammates involved. That was frustrating to watch as a fan.

Tonight is close to a must win. The Clippers are playing well and we can't expect them to slow down much. Thus, the Warriors must win and win often.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:50 am
xbaywarrior wrote:This game was keyed by that Monta turnover.

No, this game was keyed by the rebounding difference. 63-33???? That's ridiculous... Only Biedrins seems able to grab a board in this team.

Still, nothing changes, we have to win one of the next two, at least, and then we'll have a more easy schedule with games against Memphis (2), Sacramento or Portland... a much easier schedule than the Clippers have. We just have to stay in the hunt. I doubt they'll be able to keep their current streak til the end of the season.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:27 am
JayPat wrote:
aaustria wrote:yeah... lots of unnecessary 3 point attempts... can the warriors still make the playoffs? i'm not sure anymore :[

They still have a shot, it might be possible that the Nuggets slide down and we take 8th, Clips 7th. One of those teams has to not go on a hot streak, and we have to continue our pace.

Agree as long as we beat the teams we should beat and keep up and hopefully beat the top tier teams, we're going to be fine. You know I'll be watching the Suns game on Thursday!!!!
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:13 am
Going 7-5 is not good enough! Everybody seems to forget how well the Clips have been playing lately! They wooped on Chicago at their own home floor! 1 1/2 games is alot of ground to makeup. To catch a team that is on a hot streak and the amount of good teams that the W's wil face it will be very difficult!

They need to go on a streak of 10-2 to secure a spot!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:13 am
Going 7-5 is not good enough! Everybody seems to forget how well the Clips have been playing lately! They wooped on Chicago at their own home floor! 1 1/2 games is alot of ground to makeup. To catch a team that is on a hot streak and the amount of good teams that the W's wil face it will be very difficult!

They need to go on a streak of 10-2 to secure a spot!
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:14 am
Damn.

Turned on the TV last night just in time to catch the freefall. Up ten, then nothing for far too long.

Rebounds. Poor shooting from BD and JRich. Too many launched threes. Shots too early in the posession, before anything could be run for a better shot.

8 to 1 the W's make the major sports shows (Sportscenter, PTI), but ONLY as the team that prevented Kobe from dropping another 50. The W's name will be just a blurb as they show every Kobe score from this weekend.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:20 am
drazz wrote:8 to 1 the W's make the major sports shows (Sportscenter, PTI), but ONLY as the team that prevented Kobe from dropping another 50. The W's name will be just a blurb as they show every Kobe score from this weekend.

Do you expect anything differently? Why would the national media give the Warriors any kind of exposure? They have not made the playoffs in 13 straight seasons. Until they start playing consistently, the national media will pay little attention to them.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:43 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:Do you expect anything differently? Why would the national media give the Warriors any kind of exposure? They have not made the playoffs in 13 straight seasons. Until they start playing consistently, the national media will pay little attention to them.

Honestly? How about ONE story about the race for the last two spots in the West playoffs? No? But, the Knicks show ANY sign of life and there's a whole week of it. Lakers are in the same race, and have had countless stories, because they are the Lakers.

How about ending the Mavs last 16 game win streak? No? Every OTHER time the Mavs lost, there was a story.

How about the most massive trade of the year? Eight players, completely changing the starting lineup of the W's and Indy, a perennial playoff team. No? But, how many weeks of Iverson/Webber? Even Earl Boykins had a moment.

I knwo there is East Caost bias, in all sports, even though the East has been horrid in the NBA this year (and for a while really). But, EVERY team should have a moment, a story, that exposes them to the nation. Everyone should be tired of hearing Knicks, Heat, Pistons, Mavs, Suns, Lakers, Bulls. There ARE more teams out there, and its infuriating at times.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:This game was keyed by that Monta turnover.

No, this game was keyed by the rebounding difference. 63-33???? That's ridiculous... Only Biedrins seems able to grab a board in this team.

Still, nothing changes, we have to win one of the next two, at least, and then we'll have a more easy schedule with games against Memphis (2), Sacramento or Portland... a much easier schedule than the Clippers have. We just have to stay in the hunt. I doubt they'll be able to keep their current streak til the end of the season.

What I meant that the Warriors were in control and then after that careless turnover, the Lakers went on a run and never stopped fighting. That turnover keyed it, they did everything right except rebound. They could of got away with the horrible rebounding night.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads