Game Thread: Washington Wizards @ Warriors 2007-03-23

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors take care of the Wizards?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:38 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 15

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:15 pm
JR23 wrote:WTF

they just tossed steven jackson.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Seemed like a bad reaction from the ref, but Jackson needs to shut up after the first T. He kept talking to the ref and the ref let him have it.

The good news is that Ellis looks much better tonight, he's gonna have to with Jax gone
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:17 pm

Yeah, I'm watchin' this at my uncle's house over here in Miami and damn, unless Jackson said something wrong, that was absurb. Jesus christ....

And a lane violation on Monta? Something is fishy. The refs are doing well... a horrible job.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:22 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:

Yeah, I'm watchin' this at my uncle's house over here in Miami and damn, unless Jackson said something wrong, that was absurb. Jesus christ....

And a lane violation on Monta? Something is fishy. The refs are doing well... a horrible job.

Yeah, I haven't seen a lane violation on the shooter in forever....

The Ws are hanging in there, but they have to start rebounding better.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:07 pm
What a win! Baron and Biedrins in particular came up big! Clips thrashed Jazz so this had to be a win. Strange that the Wiz had more double figure scorers than the team but our guys played better

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:14 pm
Fantastic win for the Ws.....Baron was unbelieveable, and Biedrins and Ellis really contributed as well.

Too bad the Jazz couldn't at least give the Clips a game to tire them out for their game tomorrow night against Washington. We need Wash to beat the Clips tomorrow to help us out......

The 3rd quarter showed us how the Ws can play when they focus on defense and work hard. They had Washington really frustrated in that quarter, forcing 10 turnovers.

Now can the team take that energy down to Staples center on Sunday....

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm
This is one of the sweetest victories we've had in years. Monta rebounds for a stellar game. My heart was going a million miles a minute; of course so were the cocktails. TGIF and the W's won!

Baron and Gilbert fighting for game MVP honors. Of course, to the winner go the spoils................

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:25 pm
I hadn't realized until I looked at the boxscore, Nellie only played 8 guys tonight....pretty surprising, considering that Jackson was gone after the first quarter. So for the last 3 quarters, he only played 7 guys. A lot of heavy minutes, the guys have to get rested for Sunday now.

There were so many great plays in the game, but one of my favorites was the 360 move in the paint by Ellis!
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:23 am
coltraning wrote:ws will score 132, wizards anywhere from 100 to 125. Gilbert will get 50 points and zero assists (to match his jersey #)
damn close lol
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:40 am
Hoonyo wrote:
coltraning wrote:ws will score 132, wizards anywhere from 100 to 125. Gilbert will get 50 points and zero assists (to match his jersey #)
damn close lol

lucky guess on the score...tremendous game. I was there. Crowd went berserk, and Baron was as good as I have seen him. Biedrins had strong game in some ways, but he sure has trouble boxing out and missed a few gimmes. Jason is playing within himself and very helpful to team and great to see Monta back. He is only 21! At the end, we were all hoping the ws would keep on scoring, because it was clear Arenas was going to light it up. As for the jackson controversy, I think what set him off was the 2nd T. Watching Monta's reaction, he couldn't believe Jax got called for the 2nd. the league will deny it as much as those lying sacks of **** in the white house deny they fired the prosecutors for political reasons, but I believe the refs are told to give certain players (Artest, Sheed, Jackson) Less than zero slack. Once jax got the 2nd T he lost it, but maybe not such a bad night for him to get tossed, since he had 4 turnovers in 7 minutes...No Josh, Azu, Cabbage or Adonal, seems like nelson has settled on 8 players for now...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:57 am
Have missed the game. Apparently, the Denver at Toronto game was more important around here. :banghead:

Seems to have been a great game, specially the Baron vs Arenas rivalry... Why the f*ck do I always miss the big wins?

Hope to be able to catch a torrent later.

btw, this was, on paper, the easiest game of the next 4... We needed this win. Now we just have to make sure we win most of the games at the Oracle and we'll be in the playoffs.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:38 am
LOL TMC, sorry man, you missed a hell of a game. The Arena was rockin' tonight. Whew. Gotta catch my breath.
23 hours of my day are spent wondering what to do with my hour of spare time...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:59 am
A few things to note:

- Jackson's ejection was BS. Even on replay, the foul didn't look like it warranted a whistle at all. I'm sure SJax deserved his first technical (because he usually lets the ref's know when they screw up), but definately not his second. You should be able to voice your aggression to a teammate without worrying about the ref's being dicks about it. Jackson simply said something to Monta and the ref's tossed him out. It wasn't even like he was still in the referee's face; hell, he was probably JUST within ear-shot of the guy.

- Baron Davis unquestionably outplayed Gilbert Arenas. Gilbert's crazy ass, in equal time, netted 5 less points, 5 less rebounds, 2 less assists, and shot 20% worse from the field than Baron. Health aside, NOBODY should ever question who the better player is between those two. Crunch time was the best example: Gilbert tried to pick his team up by carrying them on his own, whereas Baron picked his team up by getting everyone into it (and sustaining the team's energy). Clearly, we're in better hands with Baron.

- Richardson and Monta are looking more and more like Baron's pupils every game. Those guys have busted out an arsenal of passing skills that nobody ever thought they'd be able to have last season. Though Monta's progressing nicely, Richardson's improvement is by far the best surprise. Scoring his usual 23, Jason can now pair 6 assists with that. Nelson's comment sure seems to have done the trick (God, that guy's brilliant). :wink:

- Harrington has been showing up less and less, as of late. He hasn't shot under 50% in 6 games... but he's been taking far fewer shots than usual (with decreased rebounding to boot). Lately, I've been totally forgetting about him when he's out of the game. Harrington still has 4 years left on that monster contract Indy gave him. If Big Al can't be the spotlight scorer, he needs to find a way to contribute more. He can't be a one-trick pony and expect to be a mainstay here. Like Monta, Richardson, Jackson, Biedrins, and Davis... Harrington needs to make an impact in at least two different categories.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:41 am
It was just one game! Arenas does more all season long tahn Baron, mostly due to Baron being injuryprone. I think Baron is a better fit for the team than Arenas but Arenas is the better player

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:16 am
Crazy game, the refs weren't biased, they just sucked. They were way too whistle happy. And what was with all the charge calls? It could have been 150-145 if they hadn't called a charge every time down the floor.

- Baron Davis unquestionably outplayed Gilbert Arenas. Gilbert's crazy ass, in equal time, netted 5 less points, 5 less rebounds, 2 less assists, and shot 20% worse from the field than Baron. Health aside, NOBODY should ever question who the better player is between those two. Crunch time was the best example: Gilbert tried to pick his team up by carrying them on his own, whereas Baron picked his team up by getting everyone into it (and sustaining the team's energy). Clearly, we're in better hands with Baron.

I disagree. This was Baron's best game of the season and just an average game for Arenas.
ImageImage
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:24 am
While I didn't get to see the SJax ejection, I have two thoughts on the matter. One, no one should be ejected from a game in the first quarter, uless you punch someone or knock down a ref. Yelling and bitching cannot get you two T's at the same time, it just should not work that way. Its too subjective and makes too much of a difference in the game when it comes that early.

Second, SJax was jinxed by the SJ Merc. On the front of their sports section, they ran an article about SJax and his 'passion' during the game. They talked about his T's and ejections as part of his game. Practically set him up.

In the end, it was a great game. I'm so thrilled they pulled out the win. The shortened bench was probably more a factor of the pace than Nellie creating a permanet in-game roster (though its not far off of that). Foyle, Cabbage, Powell would have been liabilities on the floor last night.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads