Your First Post?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:06 am
I can't find my first post (back in june 04, one of the longest "active" members" yeee), but whats your oldest post you could find? and quote it and see if much has changed since then.

Oldest one I found through "find all posts" in member profile was:

In my mind, I was really hoping it would be the warriors and bounce to the playoffs but looking at the LA Clippers, they seem pretty much legit.

Roster:
1. Sam Cassel
2. Cuttino Mobley
3. Corey Maggete
4. Elton Brand
5. Chris Kaman

That already seems like a playoff starting roster, but they lack chemistry and their team is full of scorers.

in Oct 05, and I was right that year too. Made the playoffs. ohsnaps
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:52 am
Here's mine. I started a 'yes/no' thread, regarding the future of Mike Dunleavy.

Player32 wrote:I dunno about you guys, but in my mind, Duke players just make money on potential in the NBA. Grant Hill is probably the closest thing to making it out of Duke in the past decade, and how many years has he been on the sidelines? Christian Laitiener is a joke in himself, Jay Williams wiped on the bike, and need I even bring up the rest? I just don't want the Warriors to turn Mike Dunleavy into the next Donyell Marshall or Antawn Jamison and wait for his potential to evaporate after 6 or 7 years of paying and playing him. I think we need Mully to deal him away while he's still worth something. This doesn't mean I don't believe in him somewhat; the kid shows up to play on some nights, but I'm just not a believer in the Duke system as far as producing NBA players. I think we could grab a complimentary small forward until the front office drafts another one. Anybody else agree?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:16 pm
Talking about Chris Taft...

Even counting out injuries, another thing to note is the kid is 1 for 6 from the line. Now, if he stays healthy this year, his % will be better than that, but he will still be a crappy ft shooter. FG% might also be suspect.

I'm saying don't get hopes up, even if he successfully rids himself of injury. To me, he seems like a back-up role player at best. It seems like he will be good defensively though, he seems like a very poor man's Ben Wallace.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:43 pm
Can't find my real first post. This is the oldest I've found. It's about... Calbert Cheaney :oops:

TMC wrote:
kendo888 wrote:oh, last comment, what do you all think of Calbert Cheaney getting minutes? he went in pretty early too. last year he was injured so i don't count that, but i remember two years ago, and he has a REALLY good shot inside 15ft. we haven't even been talking about him possibly taking some valuable minutes from our younger swingmen...good problem to have i guess

I'm fine with him playing, just as long as he don't keep Pietrus from playing. I mean, he's a decent shooter and above average defender, and a smart player, but he's not getting any younger. He's more valuable becouse he's the only real veteran in the roster. He's there more to teach than play, but if the second unit stinks, let him play.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 am
Best I could find...

:D Mario for President, er i mean the Golden State Warriors head coach for the 2007-2008 season. and get rid of Mullin and Cohan while you're at it too!...i wish. :banghead:

Hah. Fun to relive the memories. Anyone know where Elie is at now?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:44 pm
I believe they gave Mario Elie some sort of special assistant job to Chris Mullin (aka, a time-filler until his contract expires). If he's still on board by the time Nelly's gone, we may just give him a crack at the head coaching job (even though, right now, Keith Smart is the planned apprentice).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:40 pm
This isn't my first post but this is as far back I can go that is still on record (Missing 4 month's worth)
Thread topic is Why so many J Rich Haters?
O.G. Broe Nov 10, 2004 wrote:23 years old with extraordinary athletic ability, a above average j although inconsistent . he has the (potential) to be a (star ) player , IF he can develop that j consistently ? he has a great fundamental coach , a gm who was a great shooter,and a personal mentor/coach in mitch . all I keep seeing is he (can't shoot) and then he comes out and hits clutch shots in one of the hardest places to play to send the game into overtime!plus grabs 10 boards .I just hope that all this doubting and negative criticism from the media and the fans living in the past and not supporting the future drives j rich to continue to stay after practice and become the star he has the potential to be ! ps instead of anybody mentioning how adonal palmed smackhouse's want to be dunk and sending him on his @ss and then damp watching j rich glide by to throw it down all I see on the board is "warrior fans" talking about adonal being posterized but he had 4 blocks and changed shots all night long not to mention shut down damp . go warriors
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:48 pm
Dec 8, 2005
O.G. Broe wrote:Monta is super quick and can hit the Floater or the runner and is fearless , kind of similar to Tony parker :!: I cant wait to see his first Dunk cause he has Hops...Just needs to keep hiting the Weights :mrgreen:
Bonus post 8)
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:17 am
First thread/post

its true he looks goofy, any word on his return?? I heard that he would be back by the end of the week, can anyone shed light on this matter?

The Warriors could really use the 6 minutes of playing ...

i think i could recall negative answers not relating to the subject
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:04 am
My First post i could find on this board (I use to post on the old messageboard under the alias 'Oscar' my real name, anyhow i still can't believe Jrich hasn't made a USA team let alone a ALLSTAR Squad)
================================================
================================================

Fri May 14, 2004 5:32 am Post subject: Is Jrich Athens Olympic Material !

I hope Jrich gets consideration if more players continue to drop out because of security fears.

I mean his best statistic was he led all Gaurds in rebounding at a whopping 6.7 Boards on the Rictor Scale. He was rocking it.

The team is filled with amazing playmakers , Jrich would score a lot of points being the fact he gets amongst it all for second chance plays.

What about Pietrius , is he French Olympic Basketball team worth material . It will be good to see.

World Events such as this is a good highlight for the Rookie class of 2005. Hopefully we might see some Unknown nations pull a great win !

Return to Off-Topic Forum