Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2007-03-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors win another one on the road against the Jazz?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:44 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 20

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:52 pm
aaustria wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:True, but the Warriors get absolutely no respect from officials. Detroit is just as bad as a city, I don't see them gettin' screwed over durin' couple of their games. I'm sorry, but you can't compare this to life. The refs have screwed us over for couple years now.

Pssh, if they called that foul on Monta a FOUL, then the three by Baron should've been an AND1 also.

I'd get in depth with this...but I don't think this is the right place for it. To put it shortly... sometimes people blame outside sources but themselves for the outcome of their lives.

You can't rely on the refs to make the game easier for the warriors...so the only option is to play the best basketball you can instead of putting the game in the hands of the officials. The only game that can be close to true is the most recent Wizards game against the warriors.

You make a good point but as far as I'm concerned, the refs directly affect the way a player and team does their job and thus performs. The refs have a very important job and they are to be respected for it but they are also to be held accountable for not doing a good job when they do it. A couple of bad calls here and there change the outcome of a game AND the people, at least I do, want to see the final outcome as a result of the players and teams performance! They are the ones that should give the outcome of a particular game! Everyone can see that there is interests by the nba and many of the rich, corporate individuals that influence and control what happens. The greatest example I can give is the way Michael Jordan used to be put on a pedastal and favoured so much! He could touch other players but couldn't be touched and that was wrong!

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:56 pm
have to agree with aaustria, the adonal fan...the refs did not cost the ws that game, the ws did. a team that shoots 25% in the 4th quarter is going to win very few of its games. Towards the end, Baron figured out that anyone who drove the lane was going to get a foul call, but the ws, who were feating on the 3, got stone cold in the 4th. That and Monta's worst game of the year were the real difference. he brings 17 a night and gave them 4. That was the difference right there. Anyway, the s will have a chance for revenge coming up, and I am going to the wizards game in friday, where i look forward to a 132-125 ws victory, despite Gilbert's 50 point zero assist game. (Oh, and if you think the jazz go to the line a lot, wait til you see Arenas there...)

BTW, did you know this is the 2nd most popular ws game thread of the year. No peeking now, which was first?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:09 am
coltraning wrote:BTW, did you know this is the 2nd most popular ws game thread of the year. No peeking now, which was first?

Against the Bobcats! :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:22 am
xbaywarrior wrote:True, but the Warriors get absolutely no respect from officials. Detroit is just as bad as a city, I don't see them gettin' screwed over durin' couple of their games. I'm sorry, but you can't compare this to life. The refs have screwed us over for couple years now.

Pssh, if they called that foul on Monta a FOUL, then the three by Baron should've been an AND1 also.

True... but what we're saying is that you can't expect the refs to give you any respect until you prove you deserve it. It will keep happening for the rest of the season against the better teams of the league. You just have to go through it, play tough, win games (against the rivals and sometimes against the refs) and the respect will come.

coltraning wrote:BTW, did you know this is the 2nd most popular ws game thread of the year. No peeking now, which was first?

A loss for sure. The one against the Wiz?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:14 am

I'll bet it was a Mavs game.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:46 am
JayPat wrote:

I'll bet it was a Mavs game.

good guess, but believe it or not, the indiana pacers on 11/29 :roll: :?: :shock:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:14 pm
TMC wrote:

True... but what we're saying is that you can't expect the refs to give you any respect until you prove you deserve it. It will keep happening for the rest of the season against the better teams of the league. You just have to go through it, play tough, win games (against the rivals and sometimes against the refs) and the respect will come.

Yes, but when a ref makes a BS call for the other team and calls nothing for yours, what can you do for the rest of the game. They'll most likely continue to call it. What I'm trying to say is that the Warriors have been screwed over many times. And most of the times, the Warriors didn't play like crap in the 4th.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:12 pm
krome wrote:I've said earlier, I predict the Warriors finishing off the remaining 19 games as they did when they first got Baron Davis in the starting lineup two seasons ago (14-5). Currently they are 4-1. Lets go Warriors!

I was right on the money.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:22 pm
krome wrote:
krome wrote:I've said earlier, I predict the Warriors finishing off the remaining 19 games as they did when they first got Baron Davis in the starting lineup two seasons ago (14-5). Currently they are 4-1. Lets go Warriors!

I was right on the money.

You are correct sir

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:47 am
Deserving of a 1/5 of goose or drink of choice :D How does that BevMo acct work to buy a bottle for someone because I appreciate Krome's dedication on this board with the Game Thread's :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Previous

Return to Game Threads