Game Thread: Warriors @ Seattle SuperSonics 2007-03-17

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bring their intensity on a back-to-back night on the road?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:28 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 10

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:48 am
Thunder wrote:That was so ugly it did not have an alibi.

I'll take the win though. That was huge. Baron is a beast for hitting that shot.

Yep. The win means more than the way we got it. One step closer to the playoffs. We need to win some more games like this one to make it, tho.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:12 am
Baron Davis is my hero!
PWN3D!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:30 am
Doesn't matter how ugly, a loss in this game could have derailed things as the Sonics have been quite awful. Monta sure got some steals but also some TOs

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:12 am
I love it.

How can anybody NOT think this franchise rests on Baron's back...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:15 am
32 wrote:How can anybody NOT think this franchise rests on Baron's back...?

Actually, it doesn't. It rests on Baron's knees... :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:00 pm
TMC wrote:

yup. I think he is hurting WAY more than is being acknowledged, and is only gutting it out because the playoffs are the carrot. Nelson is clearly going to limit him to 20-25 minutes, and hopefully that will work. You dont start playing the highest level and most demanding team sport on the knees less than a month after scoping and not do major damage. He has earned major respect for doing this, and is probably shortening his career in the doing.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:06 pm
Than he is a quitter :bday:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:38 pm
I love that we win ugly games. Good teams are able to pull out wins on off-days and traditionally the warriors haven't. This is almost better than blowing them out. It shows a lot of character to come back like that after handing them the lead in the third.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:04 pm
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:

yup. I think he is hurting WAY more than is being acknowledged, and is only gutting it out because the playoffs are the carrot. Nelson is clearly going to limit him to 20-25 minutes, and hopefully that will work. You dont start playing the highest level and most demanding team sport on the knees less than a month after scoping and not do major damage. He has earned major respect for doing this, and is probably shortening his career in the doing.

Yep, Baron said it himself his knee are sore as hell. But he will continue playing because he wants to make it to the playoffs. Now if that's not leadership then I don't know what is.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:37 pm
We gave up that lead, again, because Baron was not on the floor. It was almost too much to ask to have the guy come in (still recovering) and get the lead back after we relinquished it and already losing momentum. We did get lucky when Rashard Lewis’ missed one, but that was cancelled out because Baron missed one also.

The key was obviously Baron’s high, high rebound over Collison to give them possession, the foul shot, and that winning basket.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:49 pm
Baron's sore knee is another reason that the Warriors are happy that they have played more games to date than all of the other teams they are competing with for the playoff spots. Baron gets a lot more rest over the next month because of the schedule.

Whatever the reason for the schedule, I'm glad that the Ws have played more games than any other team in the West. (Chicago and Orlando in the East have played 68 games as of today, the same number as the Ws)

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:03 am
I watched both games over the weekend and I could not have been happier. Saturday's game was not the prettiest, but the Warriors figured out a way to win and they needed that one badly.

Five tough games end this month against Utah, Washington, LA Lakers, San Antonio and Phoenix so those two wins over the weekend were huge. I would be happy if the Warriors took three or even two out of these next five.

I will be the first to admit that I thought the 8th spot in the playoffs was a long shot, but the Warriors have played well lately. I am shocked at their defensive play. They have actually made some effort and caused the opposition some problems scoring. If they can keep this up, I think the playoff dream will actually come true.
Previous

Return to Game Threads