Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2007-03-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors win another one on the road against the Jazz?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:44 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 20

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:44 pm
Golden State Warriors (32-36) @ Utah Jazz (43-23)

Start time 6:00 PM PST @ The EnergySolutions Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Utah Jazz
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Deron Williams
SG - Derek Fisher
SF - Andrei Kirilenko
PF - Carlos Boozer
C - Mehmet Okur

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.3) | C. Boozer (20.9)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.6) | C. Boozer (11.5)
APG - B. Davis (8.3) | D. Williams (9.3)
SPG - B. Davis (2.0) | D. Williams (1.1)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.9) | A. Kirilenko (1.9)
Last edited by krome on Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:51 pm
With 14 games remaining, nine of them will be against playoffs teams(Jazz(2), Wizards, Lakers, Spurs(2), Suns, Rockets, and Mavericks) with two teams battling for the 8th spot in the West (Kings and Timberwolves). The only exceptions to the remaining games are Grizzlies(2) and Trailblazers which they will need to also win as well and not take unlikely.

This will be one hell of a stretch, but if the Warriors can pull off this stretch, then they DESERVE to be in the playoffs.

I've said earlier, I predict the Warriors finishing off the remaining 19 games as they did when they first got Baron Davis in the starting lineup two seasons ago (14-5). Currently they are 4-1. Lets go Warriors!
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:12 pm
krome wrote:With 14 games remaining, nine of them will be against playoffs teams(Jazz(2), Wizards, Lakers, Spurs(2), Suns, Rockets, and Mavericks) with two teams battling for the 8th spot in the West (Kings and Timberwolves). The only exceptions to the remaining games are Grizzlies(2) and Trailblazers which they will need to also win as well and not take unlikely.

This will be one hell of a stretch, but if the Warriors can pull off this stretch, then they DESERVE to be in the playoffs.

I've said earlier, I predict the Warriors finishing off the remaining 19 games as they did when they first got Baron Davis in the starting lineup two seasons ago (14-5). Currently they are 4-1. Lets go Warriors!

So the good news is that the Clips have at least as tough, if not a tougher schedule left. 17 games left, 10 against playoff teams, and 4 against teams competing for the last playoff spot (Sacramento and NO/Ok), and 3 against non playoff teams (Milwaukee, and Portland twice). And the Clips have 9 road games left.

Some of the other teams contending for the last spot have easier schedules, but now that the Ws have a 2 game lead on them, it gives a bit more room for error.

As for the Utah game, the Jazz are coming off a 4 game losing streak (all on the road), and they should be happy to be home. So in spite of the Jazz being 25-7 at home, they might be a little out of synch right now.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:03 am
We're gonna get killed in the post... the key here is to keep on the break, cause a lot of turnovers and play uptempo ball. We'll give them nightmares if this happens. Otherwise, they'll rebound their way to a win.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:51 am
We cannot expect to win each and every game on the route to the playoffs. For this one, I expect Utah to give an extra effort to stop that losing streak now that they're back home.

Jazz by 4.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:17 am
Warriors have 2 days of rest before they play the jazz...They will be fresh and ready for this one. Warriors HAVE to win this one because the next few games are against championship contender teams.
PWN3D!
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:56 am
ws next 5 are at Utah, host wizards, at lakers, host spurs and host suns. I'd say they win 3 of the 5 but not at Utah.

Jazz by 7
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:01 am
coltraning wrote:ws next 5 are at Utah, host wizards, at lakers, host spurs and host suns. I'd say they win 3 of the 5 but not at Utah.

Jazz by 7

I'd be happy if we win against the Warriors East, Lakers and one of the Suns/Spurs...
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:34 am
do you think adonal foyle will get to play this game?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:33 am
Jazz are mighty at home! You're bottle is looking more and more distant looking at the next 5 games colt :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:14 am
TMC wrote:We cannot expect to win each and every game on the route to the playoffs. For this one, I expect Utah to give an extra effort to stop that losing streak now that they're back home.

Jazz by 4.

Yeah, I agree. We can't expect the Warriors to go 7-0 with their full lineup; they've gotta lose sometime... and this game is on the road against a really good team.

Warriors lose in a blowout... and 4 panic threads are started.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:58 am
migya wrote:Jazz are mighty at home! You're bottle is looking more and more distant looking at the next 5 games colt :wink:

a mighty reach for sure. I do see them being able to go 3-2 in their next 5. And they could conceivably go 6-3 in their last 9. The way I see it, they can beat Washington, Lakers, one of Suns and Spurs, both Memphis games, Utah at home, Sacto, Minny and Portland. San Antonio is coming in on a back to back, so maybe, and Suns are possibly going to be looking ahead to their rematch with the nuggets, who spanked them. So one of those is possible. I think the Mavs are going to be looking to put a major payback hurting on the ws... That's 9 wins, and 14-6 in their last 20. That would give them 41 which would give me the grey goose vodka I so richly deserve... 8)

ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:10 pm
Colt you are already deserving of a 1/5 of goose as the Warriors are in the hunt, opposite of tank :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:31 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:Colt you are already deserving of a 1/5 of goose as the Warriors are in the hunt, opposite of tank :!:

I think part of the dramatic turnaround is to my credit. I emailed Nelson and told him I would share the bottle with the Warriors girls and him if they made the playoffs, and just look at the improvement! :drinking: 8)

ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:42 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but when everyone is healthy we are UNDEFEATED. Granted it might be wishful thinking to go without a lost in our next x amount of games but since we are consistently inconsistent it just may happen!@!@!
Next

Return to Game Threads