YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 16

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:10 am
32 wrote:Is it just me... or did Harrington fire a pass at the Timberwovles' head coach on purpose...? :wink:

He's not blind... and he's usually not THAT off on a pass. Plus, he didn't apologize at all. I'm pretty sure Al Harrington tried to take a shot at Randy Whitman.

And, DAMN, KG was PISSED tonight. :mrgreen:

Great, great win. Yeah, maybe Al was trying to take Randy Wittman’s head off with that pass. But, then again, I think Monta was supposed to cut back to that spot. Who really knows. :wink:

Yeah, KG was just getting harassed all night. Dre was on him like stink on shiit! The team played great D and everybody contributed, but Monta was the main offense. Baron was very efficient in limited minutes and got them back on track with a few key penetration drives when we cooled off with the outside shooting.

And how about Monta just attacking KG on the inside and finally getting a sweet fake with the right and went left layup. I thought for sure that one would get swatted.

It sure is sweet to keep that faith and seeing it coming to fruition. Hope we keep this going, 'cause we can do this, like Brutus, ‘cause we always knew this! :mrgreen:
Last edited by CjR on Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:12 am
32 wrote:And, DAMN, KG was PISSED tonight. :mrgreen:

He has all the reasons to... after all, he's missing the playoffs again. :wink:

Much easier game than I expected. God, how bad is Minny. Go Dubs!!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:27 am
Post game quote's..
Don Nelson
On tonight's game
“I was very pleased with the defense tonight. We had very active hands, putting our hands on the ball 37 times. I thought we were sharp in our double teams, especially when we changed the timing of them. We also defended the passing lanes well, getting a lot of deflections. Double-teaming was the way we had to defend them because we are a small team. It also helps when their outside shots are not going in, allowing us to continue to do it.”

Baron Davis
On the key to the recent success
“We are just playing at a high level. The main thing is, you see the team camaraderie, you see that support for one and another, and that’s translating on the defensive end. And that’s how we are going to win. We are a very athletic, scrappy team and we have guys that can make plays. As long as our defense is anchoring everything we do, I thing we can be successful night in and out.”
On his role
“I just try to bring that defensive energy and manage the game at this point. That’s what I’m here to do, bring that defensive intensity, manage the game, and lift my teammates up out there and give them the ultimate confidence when they’re out on the floor. I’m just having a great time, even though I’m not at a 100 percent and I’m not playing the type of game I’m capable of playing due to the injury…I’m loving playing for this team right now.”

Stephen Jackson
On tonight's game
“This is fun winning, but we have to stay focused on our goals, and that’s making the playoffs. We have to take it one game at a time and we’ve been doing a good job of that so far, so hopefully we can keep it up.”
On the key to the recent success
“I think we are just competing. We have everybody back so it’s easier to play team defense. We’re just going out there and playing hard. You can’t teach defense, it’s about giving effort and going out there and trying, and I think we have done that for the most part.”

Monta Ellis
On tonight's game
“We’re trying to make this playoff push and every time we step up our defense we win games. We’re just trying to do whatever it takes to win ball games and we’re stepping up our defense to make that push towards the playoffs.”

:D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:56 am
Where's all the nonsensical droning about how bad the Warriors defense is...?

Seriously. How can anyone claim we're "among the league's worst" after a game like this?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:02 pm
32 wrote:Where's all the nonsensical droning about how bad the Warriors defense is...?

Seriously. How can anyone claim we're "among the league's worst" after a game like this?

Yeah, it's a huge improvement, and leadership and camaraderie is a big part. Noticed the difference than w/ Dun and Murph.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:25 pm
JayPat wrote:
32 wrote:Where's all the nonsensical droning about how bad the Warriors defense is...?

Yeah, it's a huge improvement, and leadership and camaraderie is a big part. Noticed the difference than w/ Dun and Murph.

Its huge. It always seemed like, besides JRich, nobody on the team really liked Dunleavy or Murphy. They always kept to themselves and, on occasion, Dunleavy even bashed Baron in the media.

Having players getting along makes a big difference.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:27 pm
32 wrote:
JayPat wrote:

Its huge. It always seemed like, besides JRich, nobody on the team really liked Dunleavy or Murphy. They always kept to themselves and, on occasion, Dunleavy even bashed Baron in the media.

Having players getting along makes a big difference.

I got to hang out in the locker room before the game... although it seems like Dunleavy kept distance and wasn't that well liked, people liked Murphy, and he's a nice guy. But still, the team is connecting more w/ Harrington and Jax.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:20 pm
Minnesota Head Coach Randy Wittman:
“This is a team that initiates points off of turnovers. They lead the league in fast break points as it is, if you don’t turn it over you can contain that number a little bit but when give them 25 turnovers they are going to convert those.”

Minnesota Guard Ricky Davis:
“It was a big win for them. We just got to keep working; they moved to a spot ahead of us and we got to keep working. We got to work on taking care of the ball and just playing our game.”

Minnesota Forward Kevin Garnett:
“They played well at home. It’s a huge number when you have 25 turnovers. You have to shoot 60% when you turnover the ball like that and we were in no position to do that. It’s almost spotting a team 12 points when you do that.”

“I don’t think it’s necessarily when they’re all healthy, I think its when B.D. (Baron Davis) is healthy. B.D. makes this team go. The young boy off the bench, Monta, he does a real good job of keeping the energy up and being aggressive, but B.D. gives the shots for other guys, he gets vicious, dunks and lay-ups. When B.D. is healthy this team is nearly unstoppable.”

Just some quotes from the game by the twolves
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:01 pm
aaustria wrote:

“I don’t think it’s necessarily when they’re all healthy, I think its when B.D. (Baron Davis) is healthy. B.D. makes this team go. The young boy off the bench, Monta, he does a real good job of keeping the energy up and being aggressive, but B.D. gives the shots for other guys, he gets vicious, dunks and lay-ups. When B.D. is healthy this team is nearly unstoppable.”

So true. KG knows what’s up. Glad to see BD get in KG’s face when KG stuck a forearm/elbow in BD’s chops on that screen.
I was like c’mon KG, you might be a Warrior next year. (I know you’d love to, especially with a statement like that.) :wink: They shook hands after the game.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:34 pm
CjR wrote:
aaustria wrote:

So true. KG knows what’s up. Glad to see BD get in KG’s face when KG stuck a forearm/elbow in BD’s chops on that screen.
I was like c’mon KG, you might be a Warrior next year. (I know you’d love to, especially with a statement like that.) :wink: They shook hands after the game.

If KG is coming to the Warriors (a big, probably never-gonna-happen 'if'), best believe Baron Davis will be involved in the trade. The man's right-on in his comments about Davis, though.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:41 pm
32 wrote:
CjR wrote:
aaustria wrote:

If KG is coming to the Warriors (a big, probably never-gonna-happen 'if'), best believe Baron Davis will be involved in the trade. The man's right-on in his comments about Davis, though.

It’s a big IF, but we still need him (or someone of his caliber) if we’re going to legitimize our chances for a run at a championship as the next step. But I’m not so sure Minny would want BD—especially given Davis’ reputation of being injury prone; and BD's a West Coast guy all the way. They already have Randy Foye (who did great v. the Ws), and he’ll be their future PG. Not sure if KG would want to come here either if BD is going the opposite way. I do know both KG and BD would be extremely, extremely lethal together, will have career numbers, and will legitimize our club, finally.

It's still wishful thinking, but I couldn't help but piece a statement like that from KG about BD and Warriors together. You never know, after this year, anything's possible.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:29 am
Great win and the 8th spot looks like it is the team's to lose

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:10 am
CjR wrote:
32 wrote:
CjR wrote:
aaustria wrote:

It’s a big IF, but we still need him (or someone of his caliber) if we’re going to legitimize our chances for a run at a championship as the next step. But I’m not so sure Minny would want BD—especially given Davis’ reputation of being injury prone; and BD's a West Coast guy all the way. They already have Randy Foye (who did great v. the Ws), and he’ll be their future PG. Not sure if KG would want to come here either if BD is going the opposite way. I do know both KG and BD would be extremely, extremely lethal together, will have career numbers, and will legitimize our club, finally.

It's still wishful thinking, but I couldn't help but piece a statement like that from KG about BD and Warriors together. You never know, after this year, anything's possible.

THIS is truly one of those trades that would be impossible to make without giving up Biedrins, Ellis, or both.

I think the Warriors' best (read: only) shot of getting KG would be to offer Andris Biedrins (with his new contract), Al Harrington, and Adonal Foyle (as an expirer).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:12 am
Baron, Harrington and O'bryant or future 1st rounder = KG to the team :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:12 am
migya wrote:Baron, Harrington and O'bryant or future 1st rounder = KG to the team :D

No way; they'd need Ellis or Biedrins. O'Bryant won't cut it.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads