Game Thread: Warriors @ Seattle SuperSonics 2007-03-17

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bring their intensity on a back-to-back night on the road?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:28 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 10

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:35 pm
The wya I see it is... They gotta win on the road at some point and so why not now?

We are healthy and we are playing more and more like the time when Baron first initially arrived to the W's. We are playing Nelly Ball both on D and Offense...frantic pace and disrupting the other team's star player's concentration appears to be working. We lost the Portland game for a lot of reasons (Beginning the game flat, no energy, MORE IMPORTANTLY NO BARON). Like it or not, Baron is the Steve Nash of the Warriors... When he plays we respond differently. Call it a swagger, call it whatever you want, he is a bonafide superstar/entertainer and he plays that way on the court.

Baron needs to just PUNISH the pg in this game! We are better and deeper than the Sonics so its time to play like a playoff team!

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:24 pm
In Baron we trust :D
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:25 pm
BARON = GOD.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:25 pm
Baron..... WOW... This was a game about getting into the playoffs..

All road records aside, all back to back game records aside, we hung in and won. PERIOD. Ugly game but I take it!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:26 pm
Baron for the win! That Damien Wilkins shot came dangerously close though. Great game!
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:26 pm
Well thank god for that....talk about holding your breath. The bloody stats and play by plays weren't bloody working properly. In fact the play by plays weren't working at all....but we won dammit!!! Yes!! Ok, it shouldn't have been this close, but we've finally shown we can win an away/back to back game. Not to mention a close game, that you'd usually expect us to lose. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:30 pm
yeah...btw still UNDEFEATED with our entire line up

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:31 pm
I am impressed that the Warriors were down seven, made a costly turnover with 2:30 remaining BUT kept their composure and kept playing D and slowly stripped from the margin.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:37 pm
That was so ugly it did not have an alibi.

I'll take the win though. That was huge. Baron is a beast for hitting that shot.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:40 pm
the officiating was horrible...and mentally those bad calls can mess up a player's psyche. however, i was pleasantly surprised at how the warriors handled the obvious frustrations on the court. you can see it in the way that the team was playing how important it was to win. the warriors don't get respect from officials...so the only way to win is to play the best basketball you possibly can to win the game and i think they demonstrated that. greeaaaat game.. but i prefer to just see the warriors cruise through to the playoffs than scare the **** out of me with these close games lol.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:40 pm
i am still in awe of that Jason Richardson 360 layup while getting fouled :shock:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:51 pm
Great win - well, I sort of had the prediction right. I said that the W's would get an early lead, and then hang on for the win....'course I left out the part about getting behind in the 3rd quarter and being behind by 7 with 3 minutes left......

Clutch shot by Jackson to cut the lead to 5, and then Davis took over. As others have noted, it shouldn't have been that close but it's encouraging that they found a way to win.

Now sit back and watch the Clips lose to The Nets tomorrow (hopefully), and then watch the Lakers and TWolves fight it out on ESPN tomorrow night.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:34 pm
Man. I absolutely knew we were going to lose this after the first five of the third. Notice how much more clutch we've been since the trade? We're actually winning close games now.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:46 pm
cladden wrote:Man. I absolutely knew we were going to lose this after the first five of the third. Notice how much more clutch we've been since the trade? We're actually winning close games now.

Hadn't really thought about it, but I went and checked the results. Before the trade, the Warriors were 5-8 in games decided by 5 points or less. After the trade, they are 5-4 in such games. So I guess you are most definitely right!

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:17 pm
Almost a typical warriors road loss. Thank god for baron!
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads