Game Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ Warriors 2007-03-12

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can the Warriors beat the Mavericks again this season?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:47 pm

83%
YES
5
17%
NO
1

Total votes: 6

User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21901
» Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:45 am
Just wondering what the Pietrus bashers have to say about his performance against the Mavs........... noone saying shiit this time!
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 334
» Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:29 am
WTF?? Come on Migz, get real man. Pietrus hasn't improved at all from last season, he's just had more minutes. Just cause the guy has one good game its hardly time to start calling people out....the guy is a marginal player AT BEST and I highly doubt we'll see him in a Warriors uniform next season. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm certainly not going to shed any tears.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:13 am
migya wrote:The Mavs v Warriors game is now up TMC


Great, thanks. I'm downloading it right now.

breezer_79 wrote:WTF?? Come on Migz, get real man. Pietrus hasn't improved at all from last season, he's just had more minutes. Just cause the guy has one good game its hardly time to start calling people out....the guy is a marginal player AT BEST and I highly doubt we'll see him in a Warriors uniform next season. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm certainly not going to shed any tears.


Come on, marginal is a bit strong. POB is marginal, Pietrus is a role player. I also doubt he'll be a Warrior next season, but he's a bit better than marginal (not much, tho).
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 334
» Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:27 am
He may be a role player on this team, but once he moves on to another team I expect to see a huge drop in his numbers. You are correct though. Marginal was a little bit strong....just not much. Not my fault I don't like him, lol. :mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21901
» Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:13 am
breezer_79 wrote:WTF?? Come on Migz, get real man. Pietrus hasn't improved at all from last season, he's just had more minutes. Just cause the guy has one good game its hardly time to start calling people out....the guy is a marginal player AT BEST and I highly doubt we'll see him in a Warriors uniform next season. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm certainly not going to shed any tears.



Hint, hint - I was just messing with #32. :) I've had some beers and tonight I feel like stirring the pot manure stew the guy's got boiling on a regular basis :mrgreen:

Bottoms up breezer brother! (really going on about drinks but if you've got some slap, slam it! :mrgreen: )

By the way, Pietrus is a role player as TMC said. Not a great one but one anyway
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:45 pm
migya wrote:Just wondering what the Pietrus bashers have to say about his performance against the Mavs........... noone saying shiit this time!

Oh, bravo, Mickael. :roll:

Pietrus, in a Nelson team that allows EVERYBODY to score, hasn't put up 20 points since December, migya. One good game every 2 months doesn't earn you a resign. In fact, if you take out that Dallas game from his stats, his PPG numbers have declined for 4 straight months. Real champion you're backing there, miggy.

He played decently, for the first time in a while, but don't start pounding your chest as if he's proven us all wrong. He hasn't. He's proved us right. He's spotty, inconsistent, and overrated. The Dallas game did nothing but prove that.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21901
» Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:59 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Just wondering what the Pietrus bashers have to say about his performance against the Mavs........... noone saying shiit this time!

Oh, bravo, Mickael. :roll:

Pietrus, in a Nelson team that allows EVERYBODY to score, hasn't put up 20 points since December, migya. One good game every 2 months doesn't earn you a resign. In fact, if you take out that Dallas game from his stats, his PPG numbers have declined for 4 straight months. Real champion you're backing there, miggy.

He played decently, for the first time in a while, but don't start pounding your chest as if he's proven us all wrong. He hasn't. He's proved us right. He's spotty, inconsistent, and overrated. The Dallas game did nothing but prove that.



Boo fukin Hoo #32 :mrgreen:

My rhyme of the day :)
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 452
» Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:18 am
hahaha, what happen miggy to your days of praising pietrus as the next superstar haha. i remember when everyone on this board was raving about him nonstop except me and 32.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21901
» Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:33 am
kfresh wrote:hahaha, what happen miggy to your days of praising pietrus as the next superstar



He hasn't improved anywhere near what he looked like he could so if he doesn't accept a deal worth no more than 3 million, let him go
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:57 am
migya wrote:He hasn't improved anywhere near what he looked like he could so if he doesn't accept a deal worth no more than 3 million, let him go


That won't happen. Someone will be dumb enough to sign him to the mid level. I just hope it's not us.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:42 am
migya wrote:
kfresh wrote:hahaha, what happen miggy to your days of praising pietrus as the next superstar



He hasn't improved anywhere near what he looked like he could so if he doesn't accept a deal worth no more than 3 million, let him go

AKA, you were ****ing wrong. Just say it.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:50 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:He hasn't improved anywhere near what he looked like he could so if he doesn't accept a deal worth no more than 3 million, let him go


That won't happen. Someone will be dumb enough to sign him to the mid level. I just hope it's not us.

I agree...by his playing time in the rotation, I don't think the ws will resign him. I could see them giving Barnes a decent, not great, contract. Main priority is Monta/Biedrins
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:51 pm
Resigning Pietrus would be a HUGE mistake.

The guy's have his best season ever (mostly, due to it being a contract year)... and he's still just mediocre and spotty. If we resign Pietrus, I shudder to think of what kind of production we'd get from him with no monetary motivation. :banghead:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:50 pm
No need for Pietrus back. No offense. Known for his defense but he is not the best defender on the team, SJax is. Let him go. There's no use of wasting the salary cap on him. He's had a nice run with us, time for him to restart his career fresh.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest