YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 13

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:59 pm
prettyhatemachine22 wrote:Hopefully Baron's sprained vagina will be healthy enough for tomorrow

lol...I dont remember the last time baron was only out for ONE game...
PWN3D!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:16 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:This has got to be a win! A loss here will derail most of the good that has happened the last week! To be a serious playoff team the boys have to beat the teams that are below them and fighting for a spot. Even though it is an away game, it is must wins now.

Warriors by 10

I coulda swore you were the guy a week ago clamoring for the Warriors to tank the season when things were looking dreary...? :scratch:

By the way... has anyone seen JSW, loyaltyisacurse, or J-Rich during this 4-game winning streak?

The Portland game is exactly why I didn't get all giddy about a 3 game win streak. We win about 50% of our games when Baron plays. Baron only plays 70% of the games. You do the math.

We are always vulnerable to a blowout like this to a crap team when we can't count on Baron to play more than he does. Sorry 32, when we learn to win without him, I will get a lot more enthusiastic about a 3 game winning streak.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:39 pm
Guess who's back... the minute we lost.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:56 pm
So disappointing. Supposedly, Baron was ready but he could get his knee lose before the game, so they just played it safe (probably since other teams lost tonight), and rolled the dice without him. Really too bad others didn’t have enough game because this was a great opportunity. On the other hand, if we had one to give, this probably would be one (thinking down the stretch). Just hope BD is fine.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:57 pm
Yeah. Even if we lose tomorrow, this loss doesn't kill our playoff hopes. But we gotta start winning after that.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:02 pm
Yea, but I really wanted that one bad, though. I want these guys to get that slot now, get a major mental boost, and never relinquish it.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:04 pm
True but I don't think it was a huge demoralizing loss, especially since we didn't have Baron.

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:15 pm
Baron was in a suit when the game started. Beginning of the 2nd half, Baron was in uniform. It looks like Nelson decided to just sit him out and not risk anything as he will need him tomorrow against Dallas.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:01 pm
Yeah, I saw Baron in a uni the second half. What was refreshing was the Portland announcer saying, “…this Warrior team will be in the playoffs” at the beginning of the telecast. And he was quite surprised in how poorly we played in the end. At least we’re getting some attention and respect--especially this late in the season. I really hope he’s right about that playoff statement.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:33 pm
JayPat wrote:Guess who's back... the minute we lost.

My thoughts exactly. :roll:

jsw548 wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:This has got to be a win! A loss here will derail most of the good that has happened the last week! To be a serious playoff team the boys have to beat the teams that are below them and fighting for a spot. Even though it is an away game, it is must wins now.

Warriors by 10

I coulda swore you were the guy a week ago clamoring for the Warriors to tank the season when things were looking dreary...? :scratch:

By the way... has anyone seen JSW, loyaltyisacurse, or J-Rich during this 4-game winning streak?

The Portland game is exactly why I didn't get all giddy about a 3 game win streak.

Giddy? You were MIA. I just think its funny that you don't post when the Warriors win, that's all. No offense or anything; it was just an observation.

If it helps, J-Rich is back, too.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:47 pm
jsw548 wrote:The Portland game is exactly why I didn't get all giddy about a 3 game win streak. We win about 50% of our games when Baron plays. Baron only plays 70% of the games. You do the math.

no math can be done because you dont have a number for games won without baron, so its quite obvious you are pulling numbers out of your ass
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:06 pm
jsw548 wrote:
32 wrote:

Warriors by 10

The Portland game is exactly why I didn't get all giddy about a 3 game win streak. We win about 50% of our games when Baron plays. Baron only plays 70% of the games. You do the math.

We are always vulnerable to a blowout like this to a crap team when we can't count on Baron to play more than he does. Sorry 32, when we learn to win without him, I will get a lot more enthusiastic about a 3 game winning streak.

#32 is just mouthing off again, no surprise.

This team has shown it can't win without Baron since the trade happened and that knee of his doesn't look 100% if he missed yet another game. What this means is the team's playoff chances are looking shaky. Possible but shaky and it would be a continuation of the horrible bad luck of this franchise if baron doesn't get back to 100% and misses more games. In other words, Baron will likely miss a few more games and the team will miss the playoffs :x

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:15 pm
krome wrote:With the Clippers and Kings getting clobbered today, this is a MUST WIN!

It was a golden opportunity and just horrible perfromance! Could have been right on the verge of 8th spot

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:39 am
Yeah, hopefully we'll win tomorrow though.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:18 am
It's too bad Baron's knee was acting up last night as I think they could have and would have won that game. All is not lost though as most every team gunning for the 8th spot lost yesterday as well.

Tonight will be tough Dallas, but then a few days off before Minnesota at home and Seattle on road in consecutive nights on Friday and Saturday. Let's hope last night's game was just a one-off situation and that the Warriors can get back to winning ways.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads