MOVIE REVIEWS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
» Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:49 pm
I just saw "The Prestige". I thought it was a really good movie. But I warn, pay attention to the movie, dont take any bathroom breaks, pause the movie. Because if you miss one thing your confused.

The Prestige: B+

I just rented Borat from Blockbuster Online, should get it tomarrow. Whad you think of it? Most people think its hilarious, but a few people I know said It was a waste of time....
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:24 pm
It's either hilarious or mildly funny. Or terrible if you're easily offended.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21963
» Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:36 pm
d1mex wrote:I just saw "The Prestige". I thought it was a really good movie. But I warn, pay attention to the movie, dont take any bathroom breaks, pause the movie. Because if you miss one thing your confused.

The Prestige: B+

I just rented Borat from Blockbuster Online, should get it tomarrow. Whad you think of it? Most people think its hilarious, but a few people I know said It was a waste of time....




Borat is a movie I've been wanting to see for some time but the two movies I downloaded off Bearshare weren't Borat! One was a porno and the other was some asian film! I'll probably just hire it out
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:56 am
d1mex wrote:I just saw "The Prestige". I thought it was a really good movie. But I warn, pay attention to the movie, dont take any bathroom breaks, pause the movie. Because if you miss one thing your confused.

The Prestige: B+

I just rented Borat from Blockbuster Online, should get it tomarrow. Whad you think of it? Most people think its hilarious, but a few people I know said It was a waste of time....


I want to see The Prestige... I already have it (and The Illusionist, I wasn't sure which one was the one I wanted to see, so I got both). Still didn't have time to watch them, but I'll do next week and then I'll post a review. I've heard only good things about both movies.

Borat is terrible. A couple of chuckles... and that's all. It's just dumb humor. Some people love it. I don't.

migya wrote:Borat is a movie I've been wanting to see for some time but the two movies I downloaded off Bearshare weren't Borat! One was a porno


How come I'm not surprised? :mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21963
» Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:43 am
hahahaha

It was a surprise to me! Wanted to see Borat for quite some time
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:52 am
migya wrote:hahahaha

It was a surprise to me! Wanted to see Borat for quite some time


And doesn't Bearshare have a pre-visualize option?. E-Mule has one, and it allows you to check if what you're downloading is really what the file name says. It requires to have downloaded the initial and final part of the file, and it will make a preview of the first minute or so... but it's useful.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21963
» Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:10 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:hahahaha

It was a surprise to me! Wanted to see Borat for quite some time


And doesn't Bearshare have a pre-visualize option?. E-Mule has one, and it allows you to check if what you're downloading is really what the file name says. It requires to have downloaded the initial and final part of the file, and it will make a preview of the first minute or so... but it's useful.



Doesn't usually work and can actually feeze Bearshare, making you have to close it
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:14 am
migya wrote:Doesn't usually work and can actually feeze Bearshare, making you have to close it


Check the link in the Bearshare options to the media player. Maybe it's wrong. If not... well, don't touch it. Use torrents instead. :thumbup:

Rookie
Posts: 10
» Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:20 pm
I just got back from 300. Great movie. I give it a 9/10
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:39 am
Yep, 300 was great. Borat was funny as hell... unless you're jewish or are truly an American. Overall, it's a horrible movie.... NOT! Gotta see it for those who haven't.

Jus waitin' on Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and Spiderman 3. And it seems as if Sandler is going to get off the comedian act and star in one of those "mellow" movies. Comes out this year. Anyone see Pursuit of Happyness? I'd post a review, but I'm horrible at doing so. Great movie in my opinion. You jus' had to feel for the man. Gotta get myself one of those cubes to solve!... they look pretty interesting.

And also The Condemned looks like an exciting film. Has The Texas Rattlesnake in it so it should be a slobber knocker.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21963
» Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:47 am
Will definately check these movies out when I get the chance

Rookie
Posts: 10
» Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:21 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Yep, 300 was great. Borat was funny as hell... unless you're jewish or are truly an American. Overall, it's a horrible movie.... NOT! Gotta see it for those who haven't.

Jus waitin' on Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and Spiderman 3. And it seems as if Sandler is going to get off the comedian act and star in one of those "mellow" movies. Comes out this year. Anyone see Pursuit of Happyness? I'd post a review, but I'm horrible at doing so. Great movie in my opinion. You jus' had to feel for the man. Gotta get myself one of those cubes to solve!... they look pretty interesting.

And also The Condemned looks like an exciting film. Has The Texas Rattlesnake in it so it should be a slobber knocker.


Yeah, I thought Pursuit of Happyness was pretty good.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:10 pm
I've been meaning to see 300, too.

My buddy who went said it was like Sin City (aka, the plot was decent... but the visual trip and action made it a great popcorn flick). I'm actually a Sin City fan; I have the original comic books and find Frank Miller's style of writing a bit poetic.

Anyway, I hope to see 300 sometime in the next couple of weeks.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
» Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:26 pm
i saw Zodiac over the weekend.

It was really really good. Half of it was focused on the actual killer while the other half was the investigation.

A-

I hope to see 300, Ive heard great things.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:42 am
rhino17 wrote:Yeah, I thought Pursuit of Happyness was pretty good.


Pursuit of happiness is a great movie. Nothing shocking, as everybody knows the story, but it's really well done.

I want to see Zodiac and 300 as soon as possible, too. I've only heard great reviews from both of them. I'm more interested in Zodiac, as it fits my style much more, but I'll definitely watch both of them.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest