Game Thread: Warriors @ Detroit Pistons 2007-03-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors be fired up and ready against Detroit?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:34 pm

YES
40%
NO
60%

Total votes : 5

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:41 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:damn! Best win of the year. FIRST GAME ALL YEAR WITH EVERYONE COMPLETELY HEALTHY!!! If we only played the Pistons and Mavs we'd be a lock for a top 4 seed 8) Me and jack think if we go 14-6 the rest of the year we squeak into the 8th seed...maybe we ain't so delusional after all...

If we go 4-16 we could get 4th or 5th pick :wink:

Miggy, I'll make you a bet right now. If the Ws go 4-16, I'll buy you a six of Labbat's Blue, if they win 14, you buy me a six of Foster's 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:02 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:damn! Best win of the year. FIRST GAME ALL YEAR WITH EVERYONE COMPLETELY HEALTHY!!! If we only played the Pistons and Mavs we'd be a lock for a top 4 seed 8) Me and jack think if we go 14-6 the rest of the year we squeak into the 8th seed...maybe we ain't so delusional after all...

Miggy, I'll make you a bet right now. If the Ws go 4-16, I'll buy you a six of Labbat's Blue, if they win 14, you buy me a six of Foster's 8)

Is that low grade beer you're offering :mrgreen:
Fosters is low grade over here. I tell you what, i'll offer you a bottle of top shelf bourbon if the Warriors go 14-6.

You do know that there is a greater chance of them going 4-16 then 14-6 :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:04 am
What a strange quote from Nelson:

"It's good to have Baron and Jackson back," Golden State coach Don Nelson said. "They are my two best defenders, so having them on the floor working together is a delight to see."

:shock:

SJackson can play defense but Baron nearly always cares very little about defense!

Maybe the old timer was on the wine again :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:39 am
1-0 :D :D :D FuK Tank.....
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:48 am
This win, sadly, means nothing. Just can't trust these guys. They love to win games against great teams when they mean absolutely nothing. I wish the injury-baron had never been traded to GS, so they would never have gone on that run, and we all could have just gone about our usual suffering Warriors fan existence without having to deal with getting our hopes up. Sheesh.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:13 am
baytobrooklyn wrote:This win, sadly, means nothing. Just can't trust these guys. They love to win games against great teams when they mean absolutely nothing.

This is the first time "these guy's" have played together :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:41 am
baytobrooklyn wrote:This win, sadly, means nothing. Just can't trust these guys.

Why not?. I've been saying since we started the East trip that this was the only game we were going to win.

Now back to tanking. So predictable... :mrgreen:

btw, hopefully, and after the way he's playing now that he's healthy, we won't hear more dumb ideas about trading J-Rich. He is our franchise player, above Baron, Biedrins or Ellis...

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:41 am
Great call from TMC on predicting the Warriors to win last night. The team played about as well as they have all season long in that game. The shooting was lights out, the rebounding was fairly good and the defense was not terrible.

With that being the first game the team has played together all season, I would like to think this is the first of many wins in the final six weeks of the season, but I am not so sure.

Any thoughts people had of the Warriors just tanking this season should be cast aside. I think this team will play .500 basketball the rest of the season and that will warrant the 10th-13th pick come draft day.

A good win though for morale purposes for this team! Let's hope it can continue against Denver on Wednesday night.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:37 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

Is that low grade beer you're offering :mrgreen:
Fosters is low grade over here. I tell you what, i'll offer you a bottle of top shelf bourbon if the Warriors go 14-6.

You do know that there is a greater chance of them going 4-16 then 14-6 :wink:

my drink is vodka, homes. But none of that smirnoff ****..You're on. They go 4-16, I'll get you the bourbon, or if you prefer, one of them fine-ass california wines. BTW, how do you blokes make such good wine for so cheap? Yellow Tail, Rosemount...only 14 wins to go :mrgreen:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 am
coltraning wrote:my drink is vodka, homes. But none of that smirnoff ****..You're on. They go 4-16, I'll get you the bourbon, or if you prefer, one of them fine-ass california wines. BTW, how do you blokes make such good wine for so cheap? Yellow Tail, Rosemount...only 14 wins to go :mrgreen:

Vodka rules!!!. As opposed to beer, whose only merit is ... well, being cheap.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:13 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:my drink is vodka, homes. But none of that smirnoff ****..You're on. They go 4-16, I'll get you the bourbon, or if you prefer, one of them fine-ass california wines. BTW, how do you blokes make such good wine for so cheap? Yellow Tail, Rosemount...only 14 wins to go :mrgreen:

Beer is the nectar of the Gods.

I love beer. Its a pleasant drunk that makes me funnier, as opposed to hard liquor when I go looking for a bar fight.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:34 pm
32 wrote:Beer is the nectar of the Gods.

I love beer. Its a pleasant drunk that makes me funnier, as opposed to hard liquor when I go looking for a bar fight.

Hey, it happens exactly the other way around for me...
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:48 pm
'Nectar of the gods' - I concur.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:09 pm
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

Beer is the nectar of the Gods.

I bet you migya can easily revise that statement to something sexual.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:53 pm
so, how did we win this game?
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads