Game Thread: Warriors @ Detroit Pistons 2007-03-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors be fired up and ready against Detroit?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:34 pm

YES
2
40%
NO
3
60%
 
Total votes : 5

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:21 pm
I don't think they should tank it just yet. Sure, they're behind in the playoff race, but if we aren't going to get KD or Oden, then what's the use of the lottery? Minus well take a shot. Nelson has said he doesn't believe they can do it... sad to hear that but it's life. But Jrich and others believe they still can. From past experiences with these Warriors, I'm siding with the players point of view.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:29 pm
We're a good team, if everyone's healthy.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:31 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:I don't think they should tank it just yet. Sure, they're behind in the playoff race, but if we aren't going to get KD or Oden, then what's the use of the lottery?


Al Horford.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:34 pm
I think we are pretty good when healthy... and why this sudden love with Al Horford? It appears that everyone is on this guys jock right now...

we winning by 21... then again... it probably end up being a close game :)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:44 pm
If you're going to win, may as well beat the best teams, so props to the team for thrashing the Pistons. Obviously they all must have been pissed from yesterday's game. SJackson played well as did Harrington but JRich kicked arse and if he keeps doing this, the team will likely miss the playoffs barely and get something like the 11th pick :banghead:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:43 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:01 pm
Nice win.

Is this how they team can play when healthy :?:

If so, the future might not be so bleak afterall.

Trolloc
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:07 pm
We own Dallas. We ought to put a label sign on the Pistons now. I loved seeing Jason go off like that, it's sure been a while since I've seen literally everything go down like that. Great ball movement.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:35 pm
Location: Clovis, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:36 pm
lol... what the hell was that? Best Warriors game of the year, IMO. They totally locked down the Pistons in the second half. Sure is nice to have a fully healthy squad.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:37 pm
migya wrote:If you're going to win, may as well beat the best teams, so props to the team for thrashing the Pistons. Obviously they all must have been pissed from yesterday's game. SJackson played well as did Harrington but JRich kicked arse and if he keeps doing this, the team will likely miss the playoffs barely and get something like the 11th pick :banghead:


only 3 1/2 games back, with what 15 games left?
New. Stuff.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:53 pm
BT wrote:
migya wrote:If you're going to win, may as well beat the best teams, so props to the team for thrashing the Pistons. Obviously they all must have been pissed from yesterday's game. SJackson played well as did Harrington but JRich kicked arse and if he keeps doing this, the team will likely miss the playoffs barely and get something like the 11th pick :banghead:


only 3 1/2 games back, with what 15 games left?




5th or 6th pick baby!

TANK BOYS!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:49 am
Location: Clovis, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:55 pm
Need 36+ wins this season so I don't lose $50.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:11 pm
damn! Best win of the year. FIRST GAME ALL YEAR WITH EVERYONE COMPLETELY HEALTHY!!! If we only played the Pistons and Mavs we'd be a lock for a top 4 seed 8) Me and jack think if we go 14-6 the rest of the year we squeak into the 8th seed...maybe we ain't so delusional after all...

Image
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:22 pm
coltraning wrote:damn! Best win of the year. FIRST GAME ALL YEAR WITH EVERYONE COMPLETELY HEALTHY!!! If we only played the Pistons and Mavs we'd be a lock for a top 4 seed 8) Me and jack think if we go 14-6 the rest of the year we squeak into the 8th seed...maybe we ain't so delusional after all...

Image



If we go 4-16 we could get 4th or 5th pick :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 am
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:31 pm
Look, I understand the desire for a high draft pick. We can always use more good help.

But, as said before, this is the first time the W's have all their players together and healthy, especially after the trade. Can't we just play hard, together, and see what they can do?

If this game was the real W's, there is still possibility at the playoffs. W's won't go far there, but playoff experience pays for itself. Maybe, after getting tot he playoffs, the W's woudl actually get some fouls called their way.

Nice job W's. Glad to see it come together for a game.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:40 pm
drazz wrote:Look, I understand the desire for a high draft pick. We can always use more good help.

But, as said before, this is the first time the W's have all their players together and healthy, especially after the trade. Can't we just play hard, together, and see what they can do?

If this game was the real W's, there is still possibility at the playoffs. W's won't go far there, but playoff experience pays for itself. Maybe, after getting tot he playoffs, the W's woudl actually get some fouls called their way.

Nice job W's. Glad to see it come together for a game.



If the team can make a run and make the playoffs, great! But I'm not counting on it and with the way this franchise has gone the last 12 years, the team will probably end up with the 12th pick or something, thus making it another pretty wasted season! :x
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron