Game Thread: Warriors @ Washington Wizards 2007-03-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you expect Baron Davis to suit up against the Wizards?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:59 pm

YES
50%
NO
50%

Total votes : 6

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:05 pm
If you are mad about this game, help by signing this petition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/491273010?ltl=1173067121
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:58 pm
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:Yeah I watched it, it was stupid. But knowing the Warriors, I knew something stupid like that was gonna happen. Whatever, better draft spot.

By the way, good calls on the Arenas point bets, JSU/TMC. 32 it was.

Guess Nellie was the reason we won the bet on Arenas.

I'm not even pissed about this game. I'm all for tanking right now... if it takes some help from the refs to do it, so be it. :wink:

btw, it's nice to see J-Rich coming back into his own...

Game was too close! The boys must give it away alot earlier, say with 5 minutes to go! They were lucky this one didn't slip away!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 pm
I donno what you guys are talking about. To me that looked like a pretty obvious foul. Mp our great defensive stopper got burned. Nelson shouldnt have gotten that T thats the only beef I have. Anyways why are you so mad? The officals just helped us get closer to a better pick.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:26 am
I unfortunately missed the game as I had some previous committments, but I saw the highlights and I could not believe the Warriors lost on a Nellie techincal with .1 to go. I had to laugh at this one and kick myself for not recording the game. Unreal. The bad times continue to roll for this team. Wednesday's return to the Oracle can't come soon enough although against the Nuggets I think it might get tough even at home.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:54 am
gswfan23 wrote:If you are mad about this game, help by signing this petition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/491273010?ltl=1173067121

Cancel the game?. Why?. It's a good thing we lost. Nellie might even have made it on purpose (well, maybe not that much...). You know, winning this meaningless game would only mean a worse draft pick, if anything...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:38 pm
Alright, Nelson, shouldn't have gotten the T. I completely agree. But I still can't fault the guy totally in that situation. The refs clearly and initially lost the game for us, not Nelson.

But regarding this loss, still, stranger things have happened. Although highly unlikely, this game could have significance if we happen to find ourselves in a race. (Just like Colt's previous post, I, too, reside in that cuckoo's nest.)

My point is, okay, we got guys all for "tanking," at this point. Fine. Bang away on that rusty tank as much as you want. But don't let it skew the way you view the games, not when our players, despite being shorthanded, are still working hard to win each game. They're giving all they got, as you can see in their last two road games, coming very close to winning both--and actually won the last one.

As for the foul, yes, maybe there was a foul (at least, contact), but clearly after the time had run out. MP shadowed Arenas, and Arenas veered towards MP, when J-Rich blocked Arenas' path last minute. Foul? Okay, but this was called after time had already run out, so everything else should be academic.

Bottom line, if they can't get that call right after reviewing it, that Ref should face some suspension time. They were trying to justify their bogus call more than trying to correct a bad one.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:05 pm
CjR wrote:My point is, okay, we got guys all for "tanking," at this point. Fine. Bang away on that rusty tank as much as you want. But don't let it skew the way you view the games, not when our players, despite being shorthanded, are still working hard to win each game. They're giving all they got, as you can see in their last two road games, coming very close to winning both--and actually won the last one.

It's not that we want them to lose, CjR, more like losses don't hurt as much. Don't worry, we're not rooting against them. :wink:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:12 pm
I know what you mean, TMC. :wink:
Previous

Return to Game Threads