Game Thread: Warriors @ Washington Wizards 2007-03-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you expect Baron Davis to suit up against the Wizards?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:59 pm

YES
3
50%
NO
3
50%
 
Total votes : 6

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:24 am
anyone else watching this on NBATV? You know what's funny, I dont have NBATV, but oh well.

Were actually winning big. 19-10. hopefully we can keep it up.
Image

Role Player
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:46 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:41 pm
wow anyone see the end of this game.

disgusting officiating by the refs. just beyond ridiculous.

there were 2 seconds left in the game Wizards down 2, Arenas goes to the hole and they call a foul but

1) what a horrible call, this was an invisible foul only called because Arenas kept whining about every call against him

2) time had ran out!

3) then Don Nelson gets a tech to give the Wizards 3 FT's by Arenas for the win



the superstar treatment is becoming bigger than the game. it is sacrificing the INTEGRITY of the game

these games are become almost unwatchable because of the horrible reffing and slowing down the game with all the fouls. i don't remember the refs ever being this bad and this blatantly bias.

just ridiculous scripted bs, might as well be watching WWF. k i'm done with my rant

Rookie
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:44 pm
I guess Lebron ended those missed FTs at the end of the game for everybody. How does 1 person shoot almost as many FTs as our entire team?
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:45 pm
Yeah I watched it, it was stupid. But knowing the Warriors, I knew something stupid like that was gonna happen. Whatever, better draft spot.

By the way, good calls on the Arenas point bets, JSU/TMC. 32 it was.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:48 pm
JayPat wrote:Yeah I watched it, it was stupid. But knowing the Warriors, I knew something stupid like that was gonna happen. Whatever, better draft spot.

By the way, good calls on the Arenas point bets, JSU/TMC. 32 it was.


Guess Nellie was the reason we won the bet on Arenas.

I'm not even pissed about this game. I'm all for tanking right now... if it takes some help from the refs to do it, so be it. :wink:

btw, it's nice to see J-Rich coming back into his own...
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:49 am
Location: Clovis, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:50 pm
Most ridiculous loss ever.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:19 pm
Agree, GSW2006!

Throughout this game, I was preparing myself for a loss, ultimately.
But the call in the end, HOLY ****!!!! Phantom foul, and after time had run out!
And of course we gonna get a T with that bullsh*t call. I would have made the entire team get T’d up and tossed out, and have the Wizzards shooting T’s long after we’re out of the building. If there’s a game David Stern needs to overturn, this definitely would be it!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:05 pm
didn't see it. watched the replay on espn.com, but too hard to tell. Obviously, a borderline one, and certainly the refs should have watched the replay to see if time had expired prior to the "foul" Here's what I do know. Nelson cost his team the overtime. You have to know the chance of a T in a situation like that. Especially if you've been an NBA head coach for 30 years!!! On the plus side, strong play by Richardson, Harrington, Ellis and Biedrins.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:08 pm
btw, I like the analogy to WWE, the calls do seem that scripted and random. They need to have some kind of challenge mechanism in place, or the game will lose all credibility.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: UCLA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:37 pm
The whole team should have just T'd up, and Nellie should just have gotten himself ejected. You can't do anything with 0.1 seconds left and when the ref hates you.
”I have a genuine interest in both [the Pacers and the Warriors]. My only focus is getting back to the playoffs and eventually competing for a championship.” - Al Harrington

Role Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: Fremont
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:45 pm
I am actually really happy right now! We could potentially become the third worst team in the league! You heard me THIRD! This losing streak we are on has us down to 8th worst. No way were losing enough to catch up to the grizz or the celts but the other six are separated by less than 4 games. Looking at the final 21 games i predict that we might lose about 18. My reasoning here is were probably gonna lose all our away games even if they are against the like of portland, seattle, and memphis. And our home games are against some of the best teams in the league. 5 of the the 11 are against SA, dallas, Phoenix, and Utah. The others are against denver, LAC, minnesota, memphis and washington. The only team we are definately better than is memphis. Finally there are 5 back to backs.

TANK BABY TANK!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:03 pm
Dubs4life wrote:I am actually really happy right now! We could potentially become the third worst team in the league! You heard me THIRD! This losing streak we are on has us down to 8th worst. No way were losing enough to catch up to the grizz or the celts but the other six are separated by less than 4 games. Looking at the final 21 games i predict that we might lose about 18. My reasoning here is were probably gonna lose all our away games even if they are against the like of portland, seattle, and memphis. And our home games are against some of the best teams in the league. 5 of the the 11 are against SA, dallas, Phoenix, and Utah. The others are against denver, LAC, minnesota, memphis and washington. The only team we are definately better than is memphis. Finally there are 5 back to backs.

TANK BABY TANK!

maybe...on the other hand, with BD back, a healthy lineup that includes BD, Monta, Harrington, Jrich, Sjax will win at least 1/2 of their remaining games, putting them in the nowhere land of 10th or 11th pick. They are not going to go 3-18 with that lineup. My delusional hope against hope is they do a 15-6 run to end the season. that leaves them 41-41 and...oh ****, the men in the white coats have come for me, gotta go now...
Image
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:10 pm
coltraning wrote:didn't see it. watched the replay on espn.com, but too hard to tell. Obviously, a borderline one, and certainly the refs should have watched the replay to see if time had expired prior to the "foul" Here's what I do know. Nelson cost his team the overtime. You have to know the chance of a T in a situation like that. Especially if you've been an NBA head coach for 30 years!!! On the plus side, strong play by Richardson, Harrington, Ellis and Biedrins.


Dude, Colt, the clock was 00:00 freakin' 0000000s—completed flatline—when the whistle blew and the ref raised his hand. I ran it through my DVR over and over again. They even talked about it as such on ESPN—highlighting the 00:00. Yeah, they reviewed it, only to say we fucked up but let’s just go with it, so we don’t look stupid. Horrible call.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:33 pm
CjR wrote:
coltraning wrote:didn't see it. watched the replay on espn.com, but too hard to tell. Obviously, a borderline one, and certainly the refs should have watched the replay to see if time had expired prior to the "foul" Here's what I do know. Nelson cost his team the overtime. You have to know the chance of a T in a situation like that. Especially if you've been an NBA head coach for 30 years!!! On the plus side, strong play by Richardson, Harrington, Ellis and Biedrins.


Dude, Colt, the clock was 00:00 freakin' 0000000s—completed flatline—when the whistle blew and the ref raised his hand. I ran it through my DVR over and over again. They even talked about it as such on ESPN—highlighting the 00:00. Yeah, they reviewed it, only to say we fucked up but let’s just go with it, so we don’t look stupid. Horrible call.

I am sure you are right that time had expired prior to the call. My question would be, did the foul occur prior to the 00:00? I am only saying Nelson is smart enough (or should be) to avoid the T. As for the call, not remotely the first time this season the refs have decided a game through horrific calls. Stern needs to let a challenge system in, but that will only come if the owners push for it. I know Cuban wants one.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:20 pm
coltraning wrote:
CjR wrote:
coltraning wrote:didn't see it. watched the replay on espn.com, but too hard to tell. Obviously, a borderline one, and certainly the refs should have watched the replay to see if time had expired prior to the "foul" Here's what I do know. Nelson cost his team the overtime. You have to know the chance of a T in a situation like that. Especially if you've been an NBA head coach for 30 years!!! On the plus side, strong play by Richardson, Harrington, Ellis and Biedrins.


Dude, Colt, the clock was 00:00 freakin' 0000000s—completed flatline—when the whistle blew and the ref raised his hand. I ran it through my DVR over and over again. They even talked about it as such on ESPN—highlighting the 00:00. Yeah, they reviewed it, only to say we fucked up but let’s just go with it, so we don’t look stupid. Horrible call.

I am sure you are right that time had expired prior to the call. My question would be, did the foul occur prior to the 00:00? I am only saying Nelson is smart enough (or should be) to avoid the T. As for the call, not remotely the first time this season the refs have decided a game through horrific calls. Stern needs to let a challenge system in, but that will only come if the owners push for it. I know Cuban wants one.


From my view, no. Any contact remotely close to a foul came after the buzzer had sounded—and Arenas’ shot did not even beat the buzzer. Nelson was just beside himself, and his T was an instinctive reaction, so I really can’t blame him. I don’t think we could have won that in OT, to be honest; not w/ that crushing BS call, and not the way the refs had been calling the game, which I won’t even go into. I think Arenas and the Wizzard players even felt sorry for us, to be honest, when everything was said and done.

Well, this one had sort of a challenge system in that they reviewed the play, but it may as well be Mr. Magoo reviewing it.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron