Warriors Official Problem/Solution Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21455
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:44 pm
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:1. Mullin needs to be fired or reassigned to serving beers to people who sit in the lower bowl of the Oracle. This guy has no business running this franchise; he is overmatched and makes reactionary moves. No master plan; no strategic plan; no accountability. For him to have believed that the team should have been built around a fragile point guard, a Duke front court player, a power forward who does not like to play in the paint, and a center who should be flipping burgers at 'In and Out' should be enough reason to get rid of the stiff.

We have a Duke front court player...?

And I don't think our center's bad at all. Biedrins has been GREAT this year.


He's talking about the previous project. Last year's project, that is, with Dunleavy and Foyle as those players...

I got that. But I think it's incorrect to claim that Mullin built the team around Murphy, Dunleavy, and Foyle... when he's clearly been more focused on players like Richardson, Diogu, Davis, Ellis, and Biedrins.



That's right, Mullin was focussing on those listed players and I'm sure that if he had his way, he'd get rid of Foyle as well, as he has with dun and Murphy which was a positive move, just one that hasn't reaped much rewards so far.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21455
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I think gasol can be had since he went out and said he wanted out of there. Baron, Harrington and this draft's 1st round pick should be enough for Gasol and fillers (as I outlined in my trade proposal). The Grizz know that that is a broken situation and have to get what they can for Gasol and right now that is lower then before he asked for a trade, as a situation like that works against the team with the disgruntled player. Mullin should bite hard to get Gasol. Baron is not essential and Monta is always getting better.


Come on, migya. That's the only trade with no chance of happening. None at all. Memphis will rebuild, and nobody takes over big contracts re-building. Nobody. We'd be sending them salaries for $24 million for Gasol (who will make $13, so they'll probably have to add Stoudamire and Cardinal to make it work)... If anything, they'd ask for Ellis, not Baron.

The only chance to trade Baron (that is, if the front office decides to trade him) it's to a contender (or close to that status) that may be a player away from the championship. And they wouldn't give up too much for him. That's what happens when a player with a max contract plays 50, 67, 46, 54 and 43 games in his last 5 seasons...



The Grizz have Stoudamire that is a bad contract himself, worse than Baron because he doesn't do much at all anymore. If the Grizz get either Oden or Durant, they would just need a great PG and one other decent player to put around them and get back to the playoffs. Heck, they may even want to trade Gay, who would fit well on the Warriors. No need to accept Cardinal as Harrington is not really overpaid that much and him and Baron together, joining MMiller and either Durant or Oden (better Oden because he would really replace Gasol) would make a very good starting five and one that could definately be a playoff team. Getting Gasol is not so far fetched and the trade I proposed or something close to it could well be enough for the Grizz, throw in our draft pick if needed and the Grizz are completely rebuilt in one hit and the Warriors are as well
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:06 am
migya wrote:The Grizz have Stoudamire that is a bad contract himself, worse than Baron because he doesn't do much at all anymore.


He has the same contract Jasikevicius has (one more year, but the same amount). And I'd love to have him instead of Cabbage...

migya wrote:If the Grizz get either Oden or Durant, they would just need a great PG and one other decent player to put around them and get back to the playoffs. Heck, they may even want to trade Gay, who would fit well on the Warriors. No need to accept Cardinal as Harrington is not really overpaid that much and him and Baron together, joining MMiller and either Durant or Oden (better Oden because he would really replace Gasol) would make a very good starting five and one that could definately be a playoff team. Getting Gasol is not so far fetched and the trade I proposed or something close to it could well be enough for the Grizz, throw in our draft pick if needed and the Grizz are completely rebuilt in one hit and the Warriors are as well


Just one thing. Gasol himself has said that he'll stay in Memphis if they get Oden. Then he'd be back to his natural PF position.

On the other side, if they get Durant, he'll still ask to be traded... but I think it would take Ellis to get him.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21455
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:32 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The Grizz have Stoudamire that is a bad contract himself, worse than Baron because he doesn't do much at all anymore.


He has the same contract Jasikevicius has (one more year, but the same amount). And I'd love to have him instead of Cabbage...

migya wrote:If the Grizz get either Oden or Durant, they would just need a great PG and one other decent player to put around them and get back to the playoffs. Heck, they may even want to trade Gay, who would fit well on the Warriors. No need to accept Cardinal as Harrington is not really overpaid that much and him and Baron together, joining MMiller and either Durant or Oden (better Oden because he would really replace Gasol) would make a very good starting five and one that could definately be a playoff team. Getting Gasol is not so far fetched and the trade I proposed or something close to it could well be enough for the Grizz, throw in our draft pick if needed and the Grizz are completely rebuilt in one hit and the Warriors are as well


Just one thing. Gasol himself has said that he'll stay in Memphis if they get Oden. Then he'd be back to his natural PF position.

On the other side, if they get Durant, he'll still ask to be traded... but I think it would take Ellis to get him.




Jask is a bad contract so that will have to be addressed and traded if possible.

If the Grizz get Oden and Gasol wants to stay there then so be it but even if they do get him, it is worth trading the players I mentioned. I know you don't like Baron but fact is he is a top 5 PG and the Grizz currently have bad PGs that don't do much. They have youngsters in Gay and Warrick that should be good but they have garbage other than them at forward so Harrington would likely get one of the starting forward positions. Getting the team's lottery pick would allow them to transition by getting another PF as well as there are a few coming out in the draft. I really think West would like having Baron as he would orchestrate things real well with either Oden or Durant
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:35 am
migya wrote:I know you don't like Baron but fact is he is a top 5 PG and the Grizz currently have bad PGs that don't do much.


I like Baron. What I don't like is that he's constantly injured... and that's the reason nobody will trade for him as their franchise player.

Then again, if not for his injuries, we wouldn't even talk about trading him.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21455
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:59 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I know you don't like Baron but fact is he is a top 5 PG and the Grizz currently have bad PGs that don't do much.


I like Baron. What I don't like is that he's constantly injured... and that's the reason nobody will trade for him as their franchise player.

Then again, if not for his injuries, we wouldn't even talk about trading him.



He wouldn't be the Grizz's franchise player, either Oden or Durant would be. Baron would likely be the 2nd best player and the PG that sets it up for the relatively good players they have in MMiller, Gay and Warrick, to go with their top 2 pick as well as our lottery pick. Think about it, getting a top 2 pick and another lottery pick in this draft would do wonders for any team! Throw in Baron and Harrington and you have a playoff caliber team at least. Baron is injuryprone but he is a proven great PG and he has had a great season
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:02 am
migya wrote:He wouldn't be the Grizz's franchise player, either Oden or Durant would be. Baron would likely be the 2nd best player and the PG that sets it up for the relatively good players they have in MMiller, Gay and Warrick, to go with their top 2 pick as well as our lottery pick. Think about it, getting a top 2 pick and another lottery pick in this draft would do wonders for any team! Throw in Baron and Harrington and you have a playoff caliber team at least. Baron is injuryprone but he is a proven great PG and he has had a great season


Someone that makes $16 million is the franchise player. Like it or not. I could see him traded to one of those teams in two years, when he becomes a expirer, but not now.

Also, keep in mind that Heisley is trying to sell the Grizz... and it's harder to sell when you add salaries.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21455
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:07 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:He wouldn't be the Grizz's franchise player, either Oden or Durant would be. Baron would likely be the 2nd best player and the PG that sets it up for the relatively good players they have in MMiller, Gay and Warrick, to go with their top 2 pick as well as our lottery pick. Think about it, getting a top 2 pick and another lottery pick in this draft would do wonders for any team! Throw in Baron and Harrington and you have a playoff caliber team at least. Baron is injuryprone but he is a proven great PG and he has had a great season


Someone that makes $16 million is the franchise player. Like it or not. I could see him traded to one of those teams in two years, when he becomes a expirer, but not now.

Also, keep in mind that Heisley is trying to sell the Grizz... and it's harder to sell when you add salaries.



There are quite a few players in the nba that make as much money if not more that are doing far less and are no longer considered franchise players
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:09 am
migya wrote:There are quite a few players in the nba that make as much money if not more that are doing far less and are no longer considered franchise players


Yeah... but you don't see other teams trade for them until they become expirers.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21455
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:32 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:There are quite a few players in the nba that make as much money if not more that are doing far less and are no longer considered franchise players


Yeah... but you don't see other teams trade for them until they become expirers.



And Baron is not one of these overpaid low producers! He is the best player on a playoff fringe team, top 5 in nba in assists and top 5 PG
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:24 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:I think you should add free throw shooting to the list. The Warriors have lost anumber of games by poor free-throw shooting.


I told you free throw shooting.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:20 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:I think you should add free throw shooting to the list. The Warriors have lost anumber of games by poor free-throw shooting.


I told you free throw shooting.


It's already added, Reggie. It's on the first post of the thread.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Also if you say trade for a player, identify which problems he will solve. Ie Reggie Evans rebounding, etc.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:56 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:There are quite a few players in the nba that make as much money if not more that are doing far less and are no longer considered franchise players


Yeah... but you don't see other teams trade for them until they become expirers.



And Baron is not one of these overpaid low producers! He is the best player on a playoff fringe team, top 5 in nba in assists and top 5 PG

agreed. The only time the ws are EVEN a fringe playoff team is when BD plays. Truth in numbers: They are 50% with him, 33% without him, case closed. Only problem is, of course, a huge one - he is often injured.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:02 pm
I'd even wager to say that at full strength the Warriors can be a .550 or .600 team. Remember, we've never ever seen Baron, J-Rich, Jax, Harrington, Biedrins, and Ellis together.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron