Game Thread: Warriors @ Chicago Bulls 2007-02-28

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors put up a fight against the Bulls?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:13 pm

YES
50%
NO
50%

Total votes : 8

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:12 pm
I doubt that anyone would trade the first pick. If they did i think their fans would literally take them out and shoot them. I mean look at it this way, the team that gets either greg oden or kevin durant is set for the next 10 years as long as they can resign them. Would you trade durant or oden for monta+biedrins+picks? I donno. That being said if the warriors can make the trade DO IT GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:48 am
Dubs4life wrote:I doubt that anyone would trade the first pick. If they did i think their fans would literally take them out and shoot them. I mean look at it this way, the team that gets either greg oden or kevin durant is set for the next 10 years as long as they can resign them. Would you trade durant or oden for monta+biedrins+picks?

Exactly. Won't happen. Period. Nobody will trade that pick (or the second if both enter the draft) for nothing less than a big time player. I mean players like Wade or Lebron... that's what it would take to trade for those picks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:24 am
Dubs4life wrote:How about brook lopez of stanford? The guys has been playing out of his mind the last few games. Might even be there around 11! If he was he might be a steal. And he fits our needs. Again not much of a fit for nellie's system but still we could play him at center andris at pf harrington at 3 j-rich/ monta at two and baron slash monta at 1. Doesnt sound like too bad of a defensive team monta is one of our best perimeter defenders, andris is our best interior defender lopez looks to be a good defender, baron and j-rich are serviceable. Harrington is the only weak link. I think the defense will come... or at least improve over the offseason when the team gets to know each other a little better.

It has to be a PF because every other position is loaded (not with so much great players but quantity at least). Looking at the prospects, the PFs are projected to be picked early and then there are plenty of SFs so if the team doesn't get in the first 6 picks it may be hard to get a very good PF.

Tiago Splitter looks like a bit of a project but his review sounds good, though he is more Center than anything else. He plays in Spain so TMC should know more about him.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:27 am
TMC wrote:
Dubs4life wrote:I doubt that anyone would trade the first pick. If they did i think their fans would literally take them out and shoot them. I mean look at it this way, the team that gets either greg oden or kevin durant is set for the next 10 years as long as they can resign them. Would you trade durant or oden for monta+biedrins+picks?

Exactly. Won't happen. Period. Nobody will trade that pick (or the second if both enter the draft) for nothing less than a big time player. I mean players like Wade or Lebron... that's what it would take to trade for those picks.

You make it sound like 1st picks are always a given to be stars! Fact is, they are untested and though some are nearly a sure thing to be stars, you never know how good they will be. I'd expect a team like the Bulls, if they happen to get lucky and get one of the top 4 picks this draft, to seriously shop the pick for some established star player

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am
migya wrote:You make it sound like 1st picks are always a given to be stars! Fact is, they are untested and though some are nearly a sure thing to be stars, you never know how good they will be. I'd expect a team like the Bulls, if they happen to get lucky and get one of the top 4 picks this draft, to seriously shop the pick for some established star player

I'm only talking about Greg Oden's pick. If Oden and Durant do not enter this draft, of course those picks can be traded. But nobody will trade them if they're draftables this year.

migya wrote:Tiago Splitter looks like a bit of a project but his review sounds good, though he is more Center than anything else. He plays in Spain so TMC should know more about him.

He looks good, but he hasn't improved much from last season. I think that, at best, he can play at the same level Biedrins is playing now. I thought that he was going to develop more moves offensively, but, so far, that hasn't been the case.

He's a good rebounder, tho... although he'll need to bulk up for the NBA.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:21 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Tiago Splitter looks like a bit of a project but his review sounds good, though he is more Center than anything else. He plays in Spain so TMC should know more about him.

He looks good, but he hasn't improved much from last season. I think that, at best, he can play at the same level Biedrins is playing now. I thought that he was going to develop more moves offensively, but, so far, that hasn't been the case.

He's a good rebounder, tho... although he'll need to bulk up for the NBA.

If he goes into the draft and all the good PFs are gone, I'd take him! At best he would be a project that would be something in 2 years but it has been said that he can rebound and defend very well and that his offensive game is coming along well also. He would make a tall PF alongside Biedrins and just by having two shotblockers and rebounders in the interior would make such a difference. A college PF that has proven talent would be better but it seems that all those are projected to go in the first 8 picks

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:24 am
migya wrote:A college PF that has proven talent would be better but it seems that all those are projected to go in the first 8 picks

Yeah, well, it shouldn't be that hard to trade into the top 8. It's the top 2 where would be close to impossible.
Previous

Return to Game Threads