And now for some positive reinforcement

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:14 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring200 ... id=2782401

If the tigers can do it, so can the warriors. and they went to the world series.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:03 pm
The Warriors have the potential to fly higher than the sky. Every team does. They can make it past any obstacle... but until they show passion in doing so, you can only keep your head up and smile.

"For a team to reach it's highest potential and achieve it's goal, each player must put their personal goals to the side and put their heart and soul into doing whatever they're willing to achieve."

What that means is if guys like Harrington and Jackson stop trying to get their 20-25 attempts up per night and let the offense flow, all five players crash the board, and work to win in a team effort, they'll go down the right road. As of now... you can't really say where the Warriors are heading. Some of you may say all downhill from here. I say, nothin' ain't over 'til it's over. I'm not banking in on the season.

The point of this post was becuase there are too many damn 'panic threads' and there needs to be something positive out of one. I could care less what type of negative feedback I could be getting. Regardless, I'm sticking with the Warriors until 82 full games are played. And that's how it's going to be for myself every damn season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:31 pm
xbay I want to agree with you but I think the Warriors have gave up. I really feel nelson has gave up. The player sense it, I sense it. This board sense it. We want the Warriors to win as much as you, but it looks kije the same old sh+t all over again.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:41 am
xbaywarrior wrote:The Warriors have the potential to fly higher than the sky. Every team does. They can make it past any obstacle... but until they show passion in doing so, you can only keep your head up and smile.

"For a team to reach it's highest potential and achieve it's goal, each player must put their personal goals to the side and put their heart and soul into doing whatever they're willing to achieve."

Yeah, that's true. Just look at the Saints this season... but that takes wins. If you don't have a good record, any team is going to stop trying as hard.

All that means that I'm with Reggie about the team giving up on the season at this point. I'm pretty sure most of them believe it's too late to save the season. At least, that's what it seems like after the last few blowouts...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:45 am
TMC wrote:All that means that I'm with Reggie about the team giving up on the season at this point. I'm pretty sure most of them believe it's too late to save the season. At least, that's what it seems like after the last few blowouts...

Unless a huge turnaround in attitude and performance happens the first week Baron comes back, I'm all for the team losing most of their remaining games just to get a better draft position in this upcoming, supposedly strong draft. I don't know much about the players coming out and how many are actually prospects but if it is worth it, losing more now is better for later

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:39 am
I have never been an advocate of losing for a better draft position, However, I do believe we should play our younger and hungrier players the rest of the season. This is the perfect time to play Biedrins, monta, Powell, Azubuike, Barnes, POB, and Cabbage. Let's see who shakes out as an NBA caliber player. Rest Jason for the rest of the season. There is no need to add additional wear and tear on his body. Same with Baron. By the way, whoever says that Baron is not injury prone is just not being realistic.

This season is actually sadder than the previous 4. The trade was nothing. The only player who has potential to get better in the trade is Powell.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:30 pm
All I can say now is that I'm keeping my head high the rest of the season. As much as many may not be fond with it, I think it's time to break this team piece by piece and let the trading frenzy during the offseason begin. As of now, I will accept losing guys like Ellis and AB in a trade ONLY if it makes the team better.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:32 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:All I can say now is that I'm keeping my head high the rest of the season. As much as many may not be fond with it, I think it's time to break this team piece by piece and let the trading frenzy during the offseason begin. As of now, I will accept losing guys like Ellis and AB in a trade ONLY if it makes the team better.

-----> Greg Oden.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:23 pm
if they go completely out of playoff picture, just more time for cabarkapa to shine :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:57 am
xbaywarrior wrote:All I can say now is that I'm keeping my head high the rest of the season. As much as many may not be fond with it, I think it's time to break this team piece by piece and let the trading frenzy during the offseason begin. As of now, I will accept losing guys like Ellis and AB in a trade ONLY if it makes the team better.

You know, I've been saying for a while that we should build around Ellis, Biedrins and J-Rich and try to start with a clean slate regarding the rest of the roster.

Of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't trade any of those if the trade makes sense... but if we are the ones that want to trade them, their value gets drastically reduced.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:07 am
Monta and Biedrins have very big value right now and most teams would give quality for them.

I know I have come up with KG trades before but after this season, the TWolves would most likely trade KG for something like Monta, Baron and Harrington. That gives them 3 new best players :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:08 pm
cabarkapa wrote:if they go completely out of playoff picture, just more time for cabarkapa to shine :mrgreen:

Sorry bud, but if you didn't know, Cabarkapa is getting a 2nd surgery and will most likely not play a single game this season. I can see him getting cut this offseason.

Return to Warriors Basketball